Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

26 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

Actually I'm quite pleased with the way Free Agency version 2022 has gone for the Jets. As far as I'm concerned Joe Douglas can fold his hand, cash in his chips and head home right now. He addressed every major hole the team has with the exception of Wide Receiver. And the Jets can get one of those in the draft. Either Olave or London would suit me.

I'd say we need a RB as well. Penny for me.

5 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Went to look at stats and it's weird that guys like Julio Jones and AJ Green fell off completely after age 29.

Then again theirs unicorns like Larry Fitzgerald that went on to be fairly productive till 37. 

Heard an interview with (iirc) Vince Carter and he was saying the reason some guys fall off so quickly after 30 isn’t because they lose their athleticism or ability, it’s because their bodies don’t recover from minor injuries anymore. So a sprained ankle—which used to be a week-long injury—lingers with them the whole season. Mind blowing stuff, I know, but I thought it was interesting. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

Heard an interview with (iirc) Vince Carter and he was saying the reason some guys fall off so quickly after 30 isn’t because they lose their athleticism or ability, it’s because their bodies don’t recover from minor injuries anymore. So a sprained ankle—which used to be a week-long injury—lingers with them the whole season. Mind blowing stuff, I know, but I thought it was interesting. 

Makes it even more incredible what Fitzgerald was able to do during those later years. 

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Paradis said:

@The Crusher or @Lith

the hell’s this about? The potential big trade convo is not a mod lounge coffee table? 

009ADE26-F416-430E-AD47-871A83057F17.jpeg

tough way to find out that you're banned... sorry man.... lol 

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Landry and OBJ are going to run to the Falcons if/when the Watson trade goes through

OBJ can't run yet, ACL.... but for a team with legit no WR's that sounds about right. Pitts, Landry, OBJ, Watson... could totally see it

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Diet definitely plays a significant role too. Some don't want to give up what they need to in order to fight back father time. 

• Upvote 2

Robert Woods' contract is very reasonable for the consistency of production he puts on the field (was well on pace for another 1,000 receiving yard season on a team with Kupp is impressive).

His age is a bit of concern but I think we need some vets for Wilson, can't all be rookies and 2nd year players. 

I think a 4th or a 5th would be fine to part with and worth the investment with the idea that you're expecting 2 years of quality before he falls off of a cliff.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Diet definitely plays a significant role too. Some don't want to give up what they need to in order to fight back father time. 

Diet, booze, drugs, sleep, are so underrated in this country when it comes to health. We are very reactionary to fixing problems instead of avoiding them by doing what they told us to do the in 1st grade.

Eat your veggies, junk food will rot your teeth and insides, go to sleep early, drink lots of water. boom.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Paradis said:

Cause he’s 40. 

there’s a clear theme that seems to elude many of you; Woods, Adams, Robinson, Cooper. Older guys with or without big contracts etc. not gonna happen.

what do Williams, Ridley, Jeudy, Brown etc have in common. Young and rookie contracts. 

the theme is, "I recognize that name!  We must have him!"

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 2

6 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

As suspected, the talk of a $4.5M deal was just agent-inflated numbers.

No way the Jets were giving him a pay rise after he played only a few downs before getting hurt last year.

Good deal - good veteran player, at a fair price. Hopefully he can stay healthy and prove his value this season.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Aren't you glad Joe Douglas didn't attempt to trade for Davante Adams? I'd rather explore trading for a guy coming off a torn ACL. Thank you Joe. Thanks a lot. 

you seem to be leaving out the part that trading for adams required (i) multiple draft picks including a 1st, (ii) giving him the largest contract ever given to a non-QB, (iii) being able to reunite him with his college QB, (iv) having adams agree to come to the jets rather than the team he grew up rooting for (oakland raiders that is).

but yeah, otherwise it seems like a perfect apples-to-apples comparison to potentially trading for woods (which as far as we know is just fan talk and not something douglas is actually pursuing)

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What strikes me about this article (Woods is cheap! Woods is an excellent #3! Woods is a true pro!) is that all of these are reasons why the Rams will keep him.

I could see them moving him

Van Jefferson showed he’s more than capable of being the #3 option last season, they just drafted Atwell in the 2nd round and it would give them some added cap relief and an extra draft pick, which they’re starved for.

Woods wouldn’t be my top choice (would still rather make a move for Metcalf if possible or D.J. Moore) but he would be a solid get.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

I could see them moving him

Van Jefferson showed he’s more than capable of being the #3 option last season, they just drafted Atwell in the 2nd round and it would give them some added cap relief and an extra draft pick, which they’re starved for.

Woods wouldn’t be my top choice (would still rather make a move for Metcalf if possible or D.J. Moore) but he would be a solid get.

Woods should cost nothing more then a 5th round pick.