Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

Very John Idzik if we’re being honest 

the AFC is clearly about difference makers, not financial value 

The one thing about ALL of those teams making big moves for splashy players is that they are all ready to win right now.  The Jets are getting there but there are too many question marks around the defense and QB to trade off premium assets and give premium cap space to 1 player.  

And the sad truth about the AFC West is that they're all going to beat up on each other and most likely 2 of them will not make the playoffs next year.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

Saints were over the cap yesterday, didn’t cut anyone, have room for a star QB contract today 

JD: my price is my price 

They did lose Williams who would have cost them a bundle 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

Saints were over the cap yesterday, didn’t cut anyone, have room for a star QB contract today 

JD: my price is my price 

still don't need to wildly overpay every guy in FA. but yes I get your point. Cap is a joke easily manipulated... seems like JD has been willing to pay for some of the top guys they chose to go to organizations with a winning reputation . 

13 minutes ago, Larz said:

Very John Idzik if we’re being honest 

the AFC is clearly about difference makers, not financial value 

If the cap is a myth and the league is about difference makers, how often do teams make guys who are actually difference makers available?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

still don't need to wildly overpay every guy in FA. but yes I get your point. Cap is a joke easily manipulated... seems like JD has been willing to pay for some of the top guys they chose to go to organizations with a winning reputation . 

There is a GM saying about these tear down rebuilds, your not going to be around to see the end of it 

there’s an arms race going on in the AFC that is ridiculous.  He’s got to get in on it. 

The teams that are manipulating the cap have, for the most part much better rosters to start with and feel that they are a player or two away from Championship contention 

The Jets are not at that level just yet but when they are I can see JD doing some manipulating himself when he thinks that one big player addition will put them over the top and that day is coming soon 

• Upvote 2

Robert Woods would be a great addition to this team.  Let him and Corey fight out for a spot next year.  

Elijah Moore is great, but for some reason I think his over/under games played/season is 11.

JD basically has viable starters at least as good as last years at virtually all of the positions.  LB and WR could still use help unless you are counting on Mims.  

Woods adds a tremendous amount of value to this team. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

There is a GM saying about these tear down rebuilds, your not going to be around to see the end of it 

there’s an arms race going on in the AFC that is ridiculous.  He’s got to get in on it. 

I don't necessarily disagree in general, but he offered guys equal money and they chose a different team. I don' know that we'll know if he offered for Adams, but Adams preferred being back out west. he just bought a place out there and turned down GB deal that was said to be similar money he just wanted to be in Vegas. 

I think he's gonna try to trade for a WR. Is that Robert Woods and draft a couple guys, maybe? is it going to be a "out of nowhere surprising" trade for a top WR, hope so? is he gonna try to get Hunter from Vikings? left to be seen. 

he's put himself in a great spot for the draft, giving JETS a lot of flexibility and I kind of think the draft is where he'll trade for a WR 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

If there’s one thing that’s become clear with both Douglas and Saleh, it’s that neither guy pretends that they expect to win any time soon. They don’t do fan service even a little bit. They’re just so satisfied with minute, incremental improvement and they’re both going to run out of time unless Zach Wilson becomes elite.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

Just hit on the draft, and he'll be OK. The team is not there to be over paying high priced veterans, let alone persuade them to join.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

one of top qbs in league and you don't want to pay him.. sure Panthers... you were working on this for over a year and you completely butt fumbled your opportunity after Watson turned down even, speaking with you last year... lol 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stark said:

one of top qbs in league and you don't want to pay him.. sure Panthers... you were working on this for over a year and you completely butt fumbled your opportunity after Watson turned down even, speaking with you last year... lol 

Wonder what turned him off from Carolina. They're a pretty good roster. Not feeling Rhule? Had to give up McCaffery?