Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

Jetlife33

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So, I guess I see everything these Jets are doing as a long-con half measure that ultimately leads to nowhere. In the Jets division, the Bills are going to be dynastic, and it would appear as though the Patriots are going to stay good; in the AFC, the Jets are easily the worst, most talent-poor team three years in to Joe Douglas’s regime. It would appear that the plan going forward is to just run the ball a million times to hide the middling QB, which is what Saleh learned from Shanahan. I don’t see how that gets the Jets close to competing for anything any time soon, which is why I was advocating for taking the Hail Mary shot at Watson and keeping fingers crossed that it would work out. They had the draft capital to do it, and Watson was allegedly amenable to playing here (as rumored when he first made his trade request, pre-allegations). 

As fun as some of these signings have been, Douglas only got two players who can possibly move the needle in Tomlinson and Reed. Uzomah and Conklin are obviously better than what we has at TE, but even with that, they’re just solid veteran players. I very much appreciate using free agency to add players at low-value positions so as not to waste draft capital on guards and TEs, but we went into free agency as three to six win team and we come out of it as a three to six win team. Is the draft going to change that? Douglas had a catastrophic 2020 draft and a reasonably good 2021 draft (a guard, a WR2, RB2, and a bunch of CBs that they apparently don’t think are even CB2 quality). We hold picks 4 and 10 in what is widely considered to be a weak first round, particularly at positions of our greatest need. Zero chance he’s picking Thibodeaux (assuming he falls), and it’s unlikely he burns a top ten on any of these receivers unless he thinks Garrett Wilson is Deebo Samuel. I understand the theory behind the “plan,” I just don’t see how it works within the time frame they need it to work. Without some Zach Wilson epiphany, it’s the road to nowhere, and Wilson hasn’t given anyone any reason to believe he’s any good. 

Again, what would your plan be?

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Adams was never coming here and neither Adams or Robinson has played in a SB. 

We definitely need another WR, but I don't think either of those guys was realistic. 

Don’t you see it as a major problem that Joe Douglas has been here for three years and Robert Saleh was supposed to be this enigmatic player’s coach who would attract free agents and the Jets are still a place that high level free agents want no part of? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dwight Englewood said:

And we could have had him for peanuts up until 2 months ago

i love this front office 

Deshaun Watson didn't win sh*t with years of team building and draft picks, but we should give up all our draft picks and players for him to do what here, exactly?

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Don’t you see it as a major problem that Joe Douglas has been here for three years and Robert Saleh was supposed to be this enigmatic player’s coach who would attract free agents and the Jets are still a place that high level free agents want no part of? 

So Tomlinson didn't come cause of Saleh? Think one of Reed or Whitehead also said the same thing.

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

OK some of the players that came here LITERALLY said they came here because of Saleh and the culture. From all accounts the Jets did not even really pursue any of the "high level" FAs you are talking about. People just want names not upgrades. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I would not have drafted Zach Wilson.

I didn't ask you what you would have done in that draft, I'm asking you what your plan is right now. Your issue is your too caught up in your own sh*t that you can't see things clearly. You hate Zach Wilson, suck it up. What's your plan right now? What should Joe Douglas be doing that makes sense? Because right now all you're doing is bitching no matter what moves are made just because you're still throwing a hissy fit over Zach Wilson.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Tranquilo said:

Let me fix that for you. You're not going to bother because you're so dumb. And you don't have an actual response.

You think Watson sucks but Wilson who was ranked 32 out of 32 starting qbs last year in every metric is good

Your arguments are worse than the state of this franchise

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dwight Englewood said:

You think Watson sucks but Wilson who was ranked 32 out of 32 starting qbs last year in every metric is good

Your arguments are worse than the state of this franchise

Point to me where I said Watson sucks and where I compared him to Wilson.

You're making up arguments out of thin air. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

I didn't ask you what you would have done in that draft, I'm asking you what your plan is right now. Your issue is your too caught up in your own sh*t that you can't see things clearly. You hate Zach Wilson, suck it up. What's your plan right now? What should Joe Douglas be doing that makes sense? Because right now all you're doing is bitching no matter what moves are made just because you're still throwing a hissy fit over Zach Wilson.

Me: Joe Douglas has painted himself into a corner.

You: OH YEAH SO HOW WOULD YOU FIX THAT?

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

First of all, it depends on what you mean by "high level free agent" - I think the Jets signed some solid football players this week.

But I think expecting Davonte Adams to come here was just unrealistic. The Jets have to establish decency/stability before the cream of the crop is going to want to come play in New Jersey. Salvation comes from within. It really has nothing to do with Saleh. 

For me, drafting and developing a core of competitive young players that can earn a winning record is step 1. 

Yeah, I just don’t think they have the amount of rope to save themselves that they think they do. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dwight Englewood said:

Rookie years:

Wilson - 9tds 11ints 55% comp

Darnold - 17tds 15ints 58% comp

facts dont care about jets fans feelings 

So you move on from one argument to another when you get your ass handed

I'll play your game though:

Josh Allen 10 tds 12 picks 53% comp

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1