Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

Just now, DoubleDecker said:

In all seriousness, how tf do the jets get a playoff spot!? Imagine being the Titans though and trying to contemplate having to tank the last few games just to see the 8th seeded Bengals!?

The good news is that a lot of these teams are in the same division, so they are going to cancel each other out. IMO 1 or 2 of Browns/Bengals/Ravens and 2 of Broncos/Chargers/Raiders miss the playoffs. If they were spread out more evenly, it might be a bigger issue

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Larz said:

200.gif

Mahomes

Burrow

Allem

Wilson

Watson

Jackson

Herbert

Carr

Call the Vikings take a swing at Hunter. Find a WR and hope JD does very well in draft. have to play these guys this year

Josh Allen (twice) Deshaun Watson Baker Mayfield Joe Burrow Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers Russell Wilson

8 minutes ago, Stark said:

Call the Vikings take a swing at Hunter. Find a WR and hope JD does very well in draft. have to play these guys this year

Josh Allen (twice) Deshaun Watson Baker Mayfield Joe Burrow Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers Russell Wilson

Hunter is expensive.  Not an option 

9 minutes ago, Stark said:

Why are they putting Mayfield there like he’s good?

Rodgers and Wilson are washed. And we already smacked the sh*t out of Burrow.

Easy wins. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Tranquilo said:

Why are they putting Mayfield there like he’s good?

Rodgers and Wilson are washed. And we already smacked the sh*t out of Burrow.

Easy wins. 

not sure, just copied and pasted, but guess he could go to Colts? and while it is all too common for teams that load up to under perform we will have our work cut out to make a wild card

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

So, I guess I see everything these Jets are doing as a long-con half measure that ultimately leads to nowhere. In the Jets division, the Bills are going to be dynastic, and it would appear as though the Patriots are going to stay good; in the AFC, the Jets are easily the worst, most talent-poor team three years in to Joe Douglas’s regime. It would appear that the plan going forward is to just run the ball a million times to hide the middling QB, which is what Saleh learned from Shanahan. I don’t see how that gets the Jets close to competing for anything any time soon, which is why I was advocating for taking the Hail Mary shot at Watson and keeping fingers crossed that it would work out. They had the draft capital to do it, and Watson was allegedly amenable to playing here (as rumored when he first made his trade request, pre-allegations). 

As fun as some of these signings have been, Douglas only got two players who can possibly move the needle in Tomlinson and Reed. Uzomah and Conklin are obviously better than what we has at TE, but even with that, they’re just solid veteran players. I very much appreciate using free agency to add players at low-value positions so as not to waste draft capital on guards and TEs, but we went into free agency as three to six win team and we come out of it as a three to six win team. Is the draft going to change that? Douglas had a catastrophic 2020 draft and a reasonably good 2021 draft (a guard, a WR2, RB2, and a bunch of CBs that they apparently don’t think are even CB2 quality). We hold picks 4 and 10 in what is widely considered to be a weak first round, particularly at positions of our greatest need. Zero chance he’s picking Thibodeaux (assuming he falls), and it’s unlikely he burns a top ten on any of these receivers unless he thinks Garrett Wilson is Deebo Samuel. I understand the theory behind the “plan,” I just don’t see how it works within the time frame they need it to work. Without some Zach Wilson epiphany, it’s the road to nowhere, and Wilson hasn’t given anyone any reason to believe he’s any good. 

Bring back Gaze!!!

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

So, I guess I see everything these Jets are doing as a long-con half measure that ultimately leads to nowhere. In the Jets division, the Bills are going to be dynastic, and it would appear as though the Patriots are going to stay good; in the AFC, the Jets are easily the worst, most talent-poor team three years in to Joe Douglas’s regime. It would appear that the plan going forward is to just run the ball a million times to hide the middling QB, which is what Saleh learned from Shanahan. I don’t see how that gets the Jets close to competing for anything any time soon, which is why I was advocating for taking the Hail Mary shot at Watson and keeping fingers crossed that it would work out. They had the draft capital to do it, and Watson was allegedly amenable to playing here (as rumored when he first made his trade request, pre-allegations). 

As fun as some of these signings have been, Douglas only got two players who can possibly move the needle in Tomlinson and Reed. Uzomah and Conklin are obviously better than what we has at TE, but even with that, they’re just solid veteran players. I very much appreciate using free agency to add players at low-value positions so as not to waste draft capital on guards and TEs, but we went into free agency as three to six win team and we come out of it as a three to six win team. Is the draft going to change that? Douglas had a catastrophic 2020 draft and a reasonably good 2021 draft (a guard, a WR2, RB2, and a bunch of CBs that they apparently don’t think are even CB2 quality). We hold picks 4 and 10 in what is widely considered to be a weak first round, particularly at positions of our greatest need. Zero chance he’s picking Thibodeaux (assuming he falls), and it’s unlikely he burns a top ten on any of these receivers unless he thinks Garrett Wilson is Deebo Samuel. I understand the theory behind the “plan,” I just don’t see how it works within the time frame they need it to work. Without some Zach Wilson epiphany, it’s the road to nowhere, and Wilson hasn’t given anyone any reason to believe he’s any good. 

word-saldad-bowl-illustrator-graphic.png