Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

He’s not a #1, but he’s a fantastic veteran slot option with some of the best hands in the league.

Having Moore and Davis on the outside, Woods in the slot, Berrios in the same role as last year with added reps, and adding a guy like Watkins, Pickens or Dotson in Round 2 would’ve been a nice setup at the position.

As of today, the WR corps is weaker than it was last season with no Crowder and no Cole in the picture.

And there really aren’t many viable options left through FA or trade.

Crowder and Cole were zeroes.. Elijah moore is an emerging #1 and the draft hasn't happened yet and we can still add a vet WR who isn't 30.

Were you one of those guys last year upset we didn't trade a 2nd for Julio who is pretty much toast? 

You don't pay players for PAST production.  It's how you end up with leveon bell.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Fine but I want another good WR and Woods is good. Younger would be better, but Woods is good 

so we’ll see what things look like at the end of the offseason 

I don't disagree.  We definitely need another vet WR.  And hopefully we add one between now and the draft.  I would be more upset over missing out on Woods if he were not coming off an ACL tear and was not due $13.5M this season.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Crowder and Cole were zeroes.. Elijah moore is an emerging #1 and the draft hasn't happened yet and we can still add a vet WR who isn't 30.

Were you one of those guys last year upset we didn't trade a 2nd for Julio who is pretty much toast? 

You don't pay players for PAST production.  It's how you end up with leveon bell.  

Crowder was the best wideout this team has had since 2015.

Moore is an emerging potential #1 with a slight frame who finished the season on IR.

I wanted nothing to do with Julio Jones. Didn’t even consider him an option.

And it’s not like Robert Woods took a year off from football. He’s been one of the more underrated, ultra-consistent wideouts in the league for half a decade.

• Upvote 4

Why does everyone think we are only taking one WR in our top 4 picks?  I can certainly see the Jets double dipping, if not even a late round pick also.

Trade out of 4 AND 10 if possible and pick up even more capital.  

Free agency thus far has been very effective filling holes and the draft had yet to come.  

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Lol at woods being a winner.  

First off, who cares? So was Leveon bell.  

Second,  didn't the rams win their super bowl without woods? And when did woods win anything before that in the NFL?

Are you really using that last argument? 

If so no one on the jets is worth shi* because they have not won something.

Also no one from the upcoming draft has won anything so they are also all worth shi*.

Look at his career stats.  Woods is a very good WR.  Woods is not an alpha #1 WR.  He has really only had one very good season in 2019 with 1,200 yards and 6 TDs, which wasn't even enough to make the Pro Bowl.  The money isn't the issue.  A great WR is worth more than the $15M/year he's due.  If healthy, I'd love to have him on the team, but I'm not looking at him like the missing piece of a Super Bowl just yet.  I would bet that 1 or 2 of the top WRs in this draft will be just as good or better (and cheaper) over the next few years.

• Sympathy 3

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You lack social skills.

Boo ya!

In your face!

Jets have no winners at all, winners seems important to you, thus winners are losers, thus you are a winner!

Robert woods was so valuable to the rams that they only won a SB after he tore his ACL.

Either way,  Leveon bell was a winner.  Did you like the signing because  OMG winners!!!

Ps Jordan whitehead and Joe flacco say hello 

47 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah,  2 years ago.  And he's 30 coming off an ACL.

there's a reason the rams chose to move on from him.  It wasn't because he was getting open too much. 

I mean, guys come back from ACLs all the time now. 

He’s going to help the Titans a lot. 

He’s a really good player 

12 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Davis, Moore, Berrios…. Mims? Even if they draft Garret Wilson or top receiver at pick 10…. WE NEED MORE PLAYMAKERS. Nobody especially fans should be content right now…. Needs to be more moves before the draft 

Wow.

Can't believe you're just gonna dis Jeff Smith like that.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Facts 

This is starting to have the feel of 2019 offseason when we knew we desperately needed a Center. 

Mac did nothing. We kept Harrison and shell shocked Darnold forever.

I hope JD got some tricks up his sleeve. We need some proven depth at least.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Facts 

The last 2 years there have been plenty of rookie WRs come in and play great day 1. We unfortunately just took Mims the bum. If Wilson/London are the real deal, one of them, Moore, Davis and Berrios is more than enough WR1-4. If its not then Zach isn’t the guy

10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I mean, guys come back from ACLs all the time now. 

He’s going to help the Titans a lot. 

He’s a really good player 

Yea but still don’t have a Qb , and it doesn’t matter what weapons they have.    Untill they find that Qb , they ‘re just spinning their wheels.( not winning anything in AFC ) .