Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

Jetlife33

22 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Last year they didn't sit back and wait, there were very aggressive.

This.

Plus, paying a 27-yo RB his 3rd or 4th contract is never a bargain.

They have 2 studs in the roster already with rookie contracts. They be paying for a 1/3 timeshare player.

No, what I think they are doing is helping Fournette drive his cost up to the Bucs, because Bill and Brady gave each other herpes.

4 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I have been assured by every dipsh*t Douglas fan on here that the 2020 draft bombed because of Gase.

Narrative buster.

I wonder how Jets fan would feel about CeeDee Lamb after 2 years here having 50 catches for 1000 yards and 3 TD's.  Stephen Hill comparisons, or? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

We got fleeced, lamb would not have been a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad pick, ewe would think we would have made a better pick.  But no Douglas had to ram his pick through.

Are you guys going to fall on your sword over Becton?

I swear, we will win a Super Bowl and the first thing that will be said is BUT....Becton!

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Odell Beckham Jr. is still available. We need Zach Wilson to start recruiting asap. LFG! Get Beckham Jr. on Gang Green! 

What is Wilson going to recruit Beckham with? An offer to convert to Mormonism so he can engage in polygamy?

22 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Odell Beckham Jr. is still available. We need Zach Wilson to start recruiting asap. LFG! Get Beckham Jr. on Gang Green! 

Two ACL tears on the same knee on a soon to be 30 year old wideout.  He'll never be the same. 

• Upvote 1

Odell is nothing but a cancer in the locker room if he doesn’t get what he wants - there’s a reason he’s been traded twice within 3 years. Not a fit for changing and building a different culture in organization with impressionable young players. HARD PASS. 

oh yeah…….and the 2 knee injuries surely will improve his play, speed, and route running🙄

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Fournette using the Pats as negotiation leverage, OBJ publicly curving them… the times are changing, no doubt. People do not want to go to New England anymore. They’ve gotten worse this off-season 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Fournette using the Pats as negotiation leverage, OBJ publicly curving them… the times are changing, no doubt. People do not want to go to New England anymore. They’ve gotten worse this off-season 

It seems like OBJ to the Bills or Patriots is destined to happen. Jets don't make moves like that. We talk up our receiving core and dream of drafting a receiver in the 1st rd - I will believe it when I see it...when is the last time the Jets drafted a WR in round one? 

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

There is 0 chance that Joe Douglas would have an iota of interest in Beckum.  We can get a receiver at 10 that us better then him.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

It seems like OBJ to the Bills or Patriots is destined to happen. Jets don't make moves like that. We talk up our receiving core and dream of drafting a receiver in the 1st rd - I will believe it when I see it...when is the last time the Jets drafted a WR in round one? 

Eh, OBJ just wants money and to play on a fun Superbowl caliber team. That's not the Patriots. Probably end up on the Raiders or something like that in the middle of the season.

11 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Beckham has one 100 yard game over the past 2 seasons.  He is hurt often.  He is a bad choice and a bad fit for the Jets.  If he were on the Jets we would be talking about moving him and after the trade would saiy it is a win-win.  I would love for him to go to the Pats.  Let his Dad start cutting up clips of Mac Jones. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Santana Moss, 2001.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

You think OBJ would even consider playing with Mac Jones? He’s not a bubble screen type of guy. 

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I wonder how Jets fan would feel about CeeDee Lamb after 2 years here having 50 catches for 1000 yards and 3 TD's.  Stephen Hill comparisons, or? 

Next to Denzel Mims that production looks HOF worthy. 

On 3/15/2022 at 9:42 AM, Sperm Edwards said:

Manning didn’t come out early because - as his mom said publicly before she was instructed that the family’s company line was to say he always wanted to stay for his senior year - Parcells (who was friends with Archie) wouldn’t commit to taking their son at #1. Easy to forget now, but New Orleans picked 2nd - well within reach to grab the younger Manning in a trade-up or if Parcells  just took Pace #1 instead - and that thought terrified Archie like a terminal disease. 

The Mannings gave Parcells as much time as they could, before Peyton announcing - in March, ffs - that he’d return to the Vols instead of declaring for the draft. A player who’s otherwise guaranteed to go #1 isn’t hoping for something certain in the draft doesn’t wait anywhere near that long to declare one way or the other.

Parcells felt the team needed a lot more than just a rookie QB, especially after giving up all those picks back to NE for him to coach here in the first place. One of his Parcells-isms was that a team loses an extra game for each rookie it starts (or something like that), and after just going through 3 years of growing pains with Bledsoe - who took until his 4th season to settle in as a good/reliable starter - he didn’t want to deal with breaking in another rookie QB when his mind was set on a 3-year plan. Let alone one who skipped his senior season, as that was uncommon back then. 

Just occurred to me that maybe BP passed on Peyton because he was hired by Leon Hess to "win now" (because Hess was 80 years old).

https://nypost.com/2014/01/21/former-jets-wish-coach-carroll-had-been-given-another-season/

image.png.942197be43b3e14144202a207b165f0c.png