Jump to content

Official 2022 Free Agency Thread


Jetlife33
 Share

Recommended Posts

Jets add quarterback depth by re-signing Mike White

Paul Schwartz

Mike White returns.

The quarterback who stunned the NFL, and the Jets, with an out-of-nowhere one-game performance last season signed his restricted free agent tender, the team announced Tuesday, and will again take his place on the depth chart behind starting quarterback Zach Wilson.

White, 26, burst onto the scene in Week 8 last season when he made his first career NFL start, with Wilson sidelined with a knee injury. White completed 37 of 45 passes for 405 yards and three touchdowns, leading the Jets to a stunning 34-31 upset victory over the Bengals at MetLife Stadium.

White hurt his forearm in his next start. He finished the season completing 88 of 132 passes for 953 yards, five touchdowns and eight interceptions.

Mike White endzone celebration Mike White celebrates in the end zone after scoring a touchdown against the Cincinnati Bengals. Getty Images

The Jets previously re-signed veteran Joe Flacco, and there figures to be a battle for the No. 2 quarterback job behind Wilson this summer.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Jets add quarterback depth by re-signing Mike White

Paul Schwartz

Mike White returns.

The quarterback who stunned the NFL, and the Jets, with an out-of-nowhere one-game performance last season signed his restricted free agent tender, the team announced Tuesday, and will again take his place on the depth chart behind starting quarterback Zach Wilson.

White, 26, burst onto the scene in Week 8 last season when he made his first career NFL start, with Wilson sidelined with a knee injury. White completed 37 of 45 passes for 405 yards and three touchdowns, leading the Jets to a stunning 34-31 upset victory over the Bengals at MetLife Stadium.

White hurt his forearm in his next start. He finished the season completing 88 of 132 passes for 953 yards, five touchdowns and eight interceptions.

Mike White endzone celebration Mike White celebrates in the end zone after scoring a touchdown against the Cincinnati Bengals. Getty Images

The Jets previously re-signed veteran Joe Flacco, and there figures to be a battle for the No. 2 quarterback job behind Wilson this summer.

i guess were keeping 3 QBs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said, "We are going to do everything we can," to extend DK Metcalf before the 2022 season.

Carroll added, "He maybe will go down as one of the great draft picks we've ever had here." It's clear that Carroll and Seattle's management want Metcalf, who has been the subject of some speculative trade rumors, to be part of the team's future. Even though trading Metcalf could further the rebuilding project taking place in Seattle, he would be just as valuable as the alpha receiver for a young quarterback. The 24-year-old receiver is about to enter the final year of his rookie contract. No matter where he ends up, he will ultimately be one of the league's highest-paid receivers next year. Metcalf posted a 75/967/12 line while dealing with poor quarterback play far more often than usual last year. He topped 1,300 yards in 2020. Seattle would be wise to lock up Metcalf on a long-term deal before he increases his value even more with a rebound campaign in 2022.

... See More
Mar 22, 2022, 10:45 PM ET
 
 
 

Bucs re-signed DL William Gholston.

Gholston is about to enter his 10th season in the NFL. He has never played anywhere but Tampa Bay since joining the league in 2013. Gholston recorded 4.5 sacks and seven TFLs in 2021. His sack total was a career-high. Gholston reportedly had interest from other teams but chose to stay in Tampa Bay in pursuit of his second Super Bowl.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, doitny said:

i guess were keeping 3 QBs

I don't mind it for this year. Let Flacco play the mentor role, and keep White around as the future long-term backup.

My preference is two QBs on the 53, and a young prospect on the PS - hopefully that's the model in future years.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said, "We are going to do everything we can," to extend DK Metcalf before the 2022 season.

Carroll added, "He maybe will go down as one of the great draft picks we've ever had here." It's clear that Carroll and Seattle's management want Metcalf, who has been the subject of some speculative trade rumors, to be part of the team's future. Even though trading Metcalf could further the rebuilding project taking place in Seattle, he would be just as valuable as the alpha receiver for a young quarterback. The 24-year-old receiver is about to enter the final year of his rookie contract. No matter where he ends up, he will ultimately be one of the league's highest-paid receivers next year. Metcalf posted a 75/967/12 line while dealing with poor quarterback play far more often than usual last year. He topped 1,300 yards in 2020. Seattle would be wise to lock up Metcalf on a long-term deal before he increases his value even more with a rebound campaign in 2022.

... See More
Mar 22, 2022, 10:45 PM ET
 
 
 

Bucs re-signed DL William Gholston.

Gholston is about to enter his 10th season in the NFL. He has never played anywhere but Tampa Bay since joining the league in 2013. Gholston recorded 4.5 sacks and seven TFLs in 2021. His sack total was a career-high. Gholston reportedly had interest from other teams but chose to stay in Tampa Bay in pursuit of his second Super Bowl.

Metcalf comments make it even more likely they are considering trading him. Just trying to drive up value. Regardless I don't see them trading with us.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mrcoops said:

I don't mind it for this year. Let Flacco play the mentor role, and keep White around as the future long-term backup.

My preference is two QBs on the 53, and a young prospect on the PS - hopefully that's the model in future years.

Just don’t draft one in the 4th round.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

the coleman signing is fine, and in no way precludes the jets from either drafting a RB or signing another veteran.  and hopefully they still pursue (at least) one other back because what they have now is not enough

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Paradis said:

I'm little surpised we're sitting on Tevin Coleman... half expected his contract to be TC cuttable. I thought we bring in Melvin or a lesser/better option like Jeff Wilson or Jerick McKinnon... Coleman. smh. 

I really expected them to make a play for McKinnon.  Those guys thought he was worth a ton when they signed him in SF.  Seemed to prove his value for the Chiefs in the playoffs and I think he was playing cover teams for them during the season.  Not the most durable guy, so I guess he is holding out for a longer/bigger deal than he is being offered, but I'd have been in on him.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

 

The Vikings strike again.  They did it to the Jets twice.  Stealing away Smith from the Ravens when they thought they had him.  Vikings are the best at pickpocketing other teams' pending free agent signings.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The Vikings strike again.  They did it to the Jets twice.  Stealing away Smith from the Ravens when they thought they had him.  Vikings are the best at pickpocketing other teams' pending free agent signings.  

That they are. Realistically, it's about the only thing they do well.😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2022 at 7:08 AM, Integrity28 said:

This.

Plus, paying a 27-yo RB his 3rd or 4th contract is never a bargain.

They have 2 studs in the roster already with rookie contracts. They be paying for a 1/3 timeshare player.

No, what I think they are doing is helping Fournette drive his cost up to the Bucs, because Bill and Brady gave each other herpes.

So, I nailed this.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IDZIK LIVES!!!!!!!

 

Bears signed OL Dakota Dozier, formerly of the Vikings, to a one-year contract. 

Dozier didn't play a single offensive snap for the Vikings last season after a brutal 2020 season which saw him start full-time and finish with a 36.7 PFF pass block grade. He'll be part of the plan, along with Lucas Patrick, for the Bears to try to replace the departing James Daniels. 

RELATED: 
Mar 23, 2022, 5:04 PM ET
  •  

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png
WR, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
Allen Hurns

Dolphins released WR Allen Hurns. 

Hurns reportedly failed his physical, leading to his release. Hurns started just seven games over three seasons with Miami. He opted out of the 2020 season due to COVID-19 and missed the 2021 season with a wrist injury. Hurns' salary cap hit for the Dolphins dropped from $3 million to $433,000 with his release. Seven years removed from his career 2015 season, Hurns will probably get a one-year deal somewhere else this spring or summer. 

RELATED: 
Mar 24, 2022, 11:33 AM ET
  •  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Chiefs have started their work to replace receiver Tyreek Hill.

According to multiple reports, former Green Bay receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling is signing with Kansas City on a three-year $30 million contract that can escalate to $36 million.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

so we signed kicker Eddy Pineiro right now for like 2.75? didn't we sing that kicker from Dallas? Greg the Leg??

is this the deal where whoever loses the comp gets cut ? I mean if Eddy gets canned or the other dude they dont get all that money right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jabrill Peppers, New England Patriots agree to 1-year deal, sources say

 

play

Could Patricia be next in line after Belichick retires? (0:56)

PALM BEACH, Fla. -- The New England Patriots and free-agent safety Jabrill Peppers have reached agreement on a one-year deal that is worth up to $5 million, sources told ESPN on Tuesday.

Peppers, 26, spent the past three seasons with the New York Giants -- the final two as a captain under former coach Joe Judge, who has returned to the Patriots as an offensive assistant coach.

Last year, Judge had expressed a desire for Peppers to return to the Giants in 2022, and now the two connect again in New England.

The 5-foot-11, 215-pound Peppers joins a safety group headlined by longtime captain Devin McCourty, veteran Adrian Phillips and third-year player Kyle Dugger. He visited with the Patriots on Monday.

Peppers' 2021 season ended prematurely when he ruptured the ACL in his right knee during a Week 6 win over the Carolina Panthers. He is expected to be ready for the start of training camp, sources told ESPN.

The New Jersey native came to the Giants from the Cleveland Browns in a trade centered around wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. during the 2019 offseason. Peppers had the most productive season of his career in 2020 when he had 91 tackles, 2.5 sacks, an interception and 11 passes defended.

The Cleveland Browns first-round pick in 2017 has started 59 of 61 games and has 333 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 4 interceptions, 4 forced fumbles and 25 passes defended in his professional career.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/23/2022 at 4:37 PM, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

IDZIK LIVES!!!!!!!

 

Bears signed OL Dakota Dozier, formerly of the Vikings, to a one-year contract. 

Dozier didn't play a single offensive snap for the Vikings last season after a brutal 2020 season which saw him start full-time and finish with a 36.7 PFF pass block grade. He'll be part of the plan, along with Lucas Patrick, for the Bears to try to replace the departing James Daniels. 

RELATED: 
Mar 23, 2022, 5:04 PM ET
  •  

 

Idzik was 100 times the GM mccagnan was.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jacksonville Jaguars bolster defensive line, sign Arden Key to one-year contract

Defensive end Arden Key, coming off a career-best season, has signed a one-year deal with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

The team announced the signing Wednesday but did not disclose financial terms.

After three disappointing seasons with the Las Vegas Raiders, Key finally broke loose last season, his first with the San Francisco 49ers.

Signed as a free agent after Las Vegas released him, Key flourished under Niners defensive line coach Kris Kocurek in 2021.

San Francisco moved Key all over the defensive line and he found success rushing the passer from the interior. The result was a career-high 6.5 sacks, second on the team only to Nick Bosa.

Key, 25, added 22 tackles, five tackles for loss and 17 quarterback hits. He was originally a third-round pick of the Raiders in 2018.

ESPN's Nick Wagoner contributed to this report.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/24/2022 at 10:36 PM, LAD_Brooklyn said:

The Chiefs have started their work to replace receiver Tyreek Hill.

According to multiple reports, former Green Bay receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling is signing with Kansas City on a three-year $30 million contract that can escalate to $36 million.

He’ll fit in 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/29/2022 at 3:09 PM, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Jabrill Peppers, New England Patriots agree to 1-year deal, sources say

 

play

Could Patricia be next in line after Belichick retires? (0:56)

PALM BEACH, Fla. -- The New England Patriots and free-agent safety Jabrill Peppers have reached agreement on a one-year deal that is worth up to $5 million, sources told ESPN on Tuesday.

Peppers, 26, spent the past three seasons with the New York Giants -- the final two as a captain under former coach Joe Judge, who has returned to the Patriots as an offensive assistant coach.

Last year, Judge had expressed a desire for Peppers to return to the Giants in 2022, and now the two connect again in New England.

The 5-foot-11, 215-pound Peppers joins a safety group headlined by longtime captain Devin McCourty, veteran Adrian Phillips and third-year player Kyle Dugger. He visited with the Patriots on Monday.

Peppers' 2021 season ended prematurely when he ruptured the ACL in his right knee during a Week 6 win over the Carolina Panthers. He is expected to be ready for the start of training camp, sources told ESPN.

The New Jersey native came to the Giants from the Cleveland Browns in a trade centered around wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. during the 2019 offseason. Peppers had the most productive season of his career in 2020 when he had 91 tackles, 2.5 sacks, an interception and 11 passes defended.

The Cleveland Browns first-round pick in 2017 has started 59 of 61 games and has 333 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 4 interceptions, 4 forced fumbles and 25 passes defended in his professional career.

 

Good signing by the Pats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...