Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

I will be surprised if the Jets do anything today. No must haves. By the end of FA we will have a name in all the boxes. Expect it to look a lot like last year.

None of the talking heads have any insider info, they are all just guessing.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jethead said:

I will be surprised if the Jets do anything today. No must haves. By the end of FA we will have a name in all the boxes. Expect it to look a lot like last year.

None of the talking heads have any insider info, they are all just guessing.

Bingo! With the jags JD will target….

another 4 -5 win season here we come !

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Bears oline is awful.  Can anyone tell me why if this kid is good the Bears are letting him walk?

Daniels is quietly in the midst of his best NFL season, with the Bears finally putting him at one position — right guard — and leaving him there to improve over the year. Daniels was one of the youngest draft picks in 2018 and will still be just 24 years old in Week 1 of 2022. The combination of youth and the fact Daniels kept getting moved around the interior of the offensive line suggests he could have even more untapped potential as a full-time right guard. From Week 4 to Week 12 this season, Daniels’ 78.5 overall grade ranks ninth among guards, his 80.0 pass-blocking grade ranks sixth and his 78.7 run-blocking grade ranks 11th.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

If the Jets sign a player today, expect it to be at a position other than QB.

- NYJ Writer

If the Jets sign a player today, it can only be one without an expiring contract from another team because free agency doesn't start until Wednesday.  I see a lot of 'we'll see today what happens' out there.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Time to chip gum off the underside of the table and call it gold!!!

This 

can’t wait to see the many post of the “high upside” the jags JD brings in have and the highlight clips many will post to hammer that point home. 

It will be jet fandom gold tbh

1 minute ago, section314 said:

So, Berrios is now an impact WR? 

This is why he’s probably gone. A few splashy and awesome plays at the end of last year, and groupthink starts talking about this guy like he is a legit number one or number two. I assume Jets offered him money in accordance with how he would be used, not according to some built up hype. But good for him, he’s probably going to maximize his ability to get paid. 

• Upvote 2

Landing Marcus Williams or Tyrann Mathieu has to be priority #1. We need a safety (2, actually...) in the worst way - the defense fell to pieces after we lost Maye & Joyner. Marcus Williams is 26 and truly one of the best safeties in the league.

Start there and then I would move to RG, then CB. Hopefully Allen Robinson is in play but I don't actually think that'll be a thing.

If the Jets move into the draft with the secondary bolstered & OL completed, we are in business. Sprinkle in a couple of under the radar signings like DJ Jones and that freak LB from Atlanta and I think I would consider this FA class a win

• Upvote 1