Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

Landing Marcus Williams or Tyrann Mathieu has to be priority #1. We need a safety (2, actually...) in the worst way - the defense fell to pieces after we lost Maye & Joyner. Marcus Williams is 26 and truly one of the best safeties in the league.

Start there and then I would move to RG, then CB. Hopefully Allen Robinson is in play but I don't actually think that'll be a thing.

If the Jets move into the draft with the secondary bolstered & OL completed, we are in business. Sprinkle in a couple of under the radar signings like DJ Jones and that freak LB from Atlanta and I think I would consider this FA class a win

Bills had the #1 defense and was still bumped 

If you don’t have a offense you don’t have a chance in this league 

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Bears oline is awful.  Can anyone tell me why if this kid is good the Bears are letting him walk?

PFF has Daniels graded as one of top FA Guards.....and he is only 24 which is only a couple of years older than some of the kids in this years draft. 

JD doesn't seem interested in aging vets. 

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Bills had the #1 defense and was still bumped 

If you don’t have a offense you don’t have a chance in this league 

I understand but the offensive talent just isn’t there this FA class, it’s really Allen Robinson then everybody else. I’ll settle for a strong defense and run game to end FA, then bolster the pass rush and playmakers in the draft

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

Joe is ready to pay a safety but won’t pay a proven #1 WR….. this franchise is doomed guys 

The difference is how the cap is spread out.   If they really do only have ~$25-30 after draft picks, you can't pull the trigger on a $20M that hits this year.  The Safety you can give 14M in bonus this year and 1M in salary on a multi year deal, and spend almost all of that on other pieces.

Which we need.

I wanted Coop too.   But if you had any reservations that he might not perform here, you don't go all-in on a year when you're already getting a little hot seat.

Just now, BigRy56 said:

I understand but the offensive talent just isn’t there this FA class, it’s really Allen Robinson then everybody else. I’ll settle for a strong defense and run game to end FA, then bolster the pass rush and playmakers in the draft

No, JD had the opportunity to bring in a proven #1 WR for a freaking 5th round pick. Now at this point we are backed into a corner where we have to overpay a jag and draft a rookie. 

Clown shoes Jets show and it’s only March 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

Compared to our D last year, our O looked like the Chiefs. Have to shore up the defense first.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I do not love this. But I do like the idea of addressing the secondary and OL in free agency and taking those positions off the board at the top of the draft. 

But, honestly, I don’t buy most of these rumors. There haven’t been many legitimate leaks since JD took over. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I believe the Jets will go heavy on D today in free agency. Seems easier to get guys for that side of the ball versus the side led by an unknown in Zach Wilson.

I am all for that....if we go heavy on offense in the draft..again. Give me a OT/WR in the first RD and a TE in the second. Rather build the offense with young guys around our young QB. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I believe the Jets will go heavy on D today in free agency. Seems easier to get guys for that side of the ball versus the side led by an unknown in Zach Wilson.

Wednesday at 3:00 at the earliest, remember.  Last year we didn't hear about the deals that were solidified during tampering until well after the official kick off.  (and we did hear all about the rumors to the jets where agents wanted to drive up clients offers)

Good bad or indifferent, if you want to understand what JD is thinking.... it won't be today or tomorrow, and probably not Wed.

13 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

No, JD had the opportunity to bring in a proven #1 WR for a freaking 5th round pick. Now at this point we are backed into a corner where we have to overpay a jag and draft a rookie. 

Clown shoes Jets show and it’s only March 

800 yards is a proven #1? Stop.