Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

Lol some just miss the ball on the coop situation..

nobody is angry because we believe Cooper is still this elite talent (maybe he is on the decline) but who would kill JD for trying to help his QB with proven talent? 

coop was worth the gamble for a 5th come on this is not rocket science 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

nobody is angry because we believe Cooper is still this elite talent (maybe he is on the decline) but who would kill JD for trying to help his QB with proven talent? 

Not at 20 million.  He's a quitter

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Lol no one missed the ball bud. We're just not continuously whining like a bitch about it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

Yea because Corey Davis dropping everything, Moore hurt every time and jag berrios will be much better 

This team seems to be unlucky as far as injuries go.  I think they are  going to take their chances on Corey Davis and Elijah Moore bouncing back and staying healthy. Pick up a solid contributor as well or bring back Berrios. And draft their WR1 in the first round. 

They also have to hit on their draft picks.  That is the key.   All gm's miss but being the bottom of the barrel team it hurts a lot more.  I have more faith in this gm and this slow painstaking process than any other we've had. 

23 minutes ago, VERMONT JET said:

Anyone think JuJu is worth a one year deal much like Cole last year?  Only 25 years old. Why it makes sense for JuJu Smith-Schuster to return to Steelers

I'd sign him for sure, considering we aren't going to get signing or trading for any top tier WRs

I think hes a good not great (obviously) player who also block which matters for our run game system.

Sign JuJu and draft a WR in the first or second round.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

You are 100% right...the compensation was ridiculous. I honestly just don't think they really wanted him. Don't think there's any more to it than that. Makes me think they are taking a WR at #4 even if they sign another in FA. The other thing that is a bit strange......didn't hear anything about multiple teams in on Cooper, especially with the price Dallas was asking for.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, SpankyJohnson said:

This team seems to be unlucky as far as injuries go.  I think they are  going to take their chances on Corey Davis and Elijah Moore bouncing back and staying healthy. Pick up a solid contributor as well or bring back Berrios. And draft their WR1 in the first round. 

They also have to hit on their draft picks.  That is the key.   All gm's miss but being the bottom of the barrel team it hurts a lot more.  I have more faith in this gm and this slow painstaking process than any other we've had. 

This is the problem 

You can’t develop a young QB this way, Davis has always had drop issues so why would they trust he magically fixes the issue?

moore has a slight frame and was nicked up a lot, why would I trust him to play a full 17?

Everyone talks about how underwhelming this rookie WR class is why would I trust one to come in and help right away?

great gms are proactive not reactive and the way JD handles / handled Sam and Zach is just disgusting 

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Davis always has had drop issues 

moore has a slight frame 

what you think? I think the answer is pretty obvious tbh 

By that same logic, Becton should have played most of the year last year and been a strong LT, like in his first year. And Mims should have looked promising, like in his first year.

I guess Joe Burrow shouldn't have lasted the season in Cincy either? 

Players can improve and players can regress. Some get hurt and some stay healthy. But assuming the same will happen next year is just looking for misery IMHO.

• Upvote 1