Jump to content

Official 2022 Free Agency Thread


Jetlife33
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

You are 100% right...the compensation was ridiculous. I honestly just don't think they really wanted him. Don't think there's any more to it than that. Makes me think they are taking a WR at #4 even if they sign another in FA. The other thing that is a bit strange......didn't hear anything about multiple teams in on Cooper, especially with the price Dallas was asking for.

The reason the compensation was so low was the contract rather than the player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/12/2022 at 1:04 PM, football guy said:

Strong sense Brandon Scherff will be a Jet

According to Connor Hughes, the 3 teams who have shown the most interest in Scherff are NYJ, JAX, CIN. The LAR have shown some interest as well but they will be priced out. 

Most people I’ve spoken to expect the Jets to land him. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

This does not thrill me.  At all.

 

Bear in mind that I think this is the NFL Rumors account that just tweets out random nonsense, linking every team to just about every FA, and then pats themselves on the back when one of their random dart throws hits the target.

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

According to Connor Hughes, the 3 teams who have shown the most interest in Scherff are NYJ, JAX, CIN. The LAR have shown some interest as well but they will be priced out. 

Most people I’ve spoken to expect the Jets to land him. 

the jets do love their injury prone players

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/12/2022 at 1:10 PM, football guy said:

According to an agent: 

Scherff, Williams/Mathieu/Edmunds, Ertz/Uzomah, Ricard, Jones 

After those targets probably just sign guys to 1-year deals

Remove Ertz and Ricard. As things stand Scherff, Williams, Uzomah, and Jones are their day 1 targets

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

This does not thrill me.  At all.

 

JD loves him those 3 initial players.  GVR, LDT, AVT, MC2 and now, maybe MVS.  Any three initial guys in the draft, just move them to the top of the draft board.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jamesr said:

By that same logic, Becton should have played most of the year last year and been a strong LT, like in his first year. And Mims should have looked promising, like in his first year.

I guess Joe Burrow shouldn't have lasted the season in Cincy either? 

Players can improve and players can regress. Some get hurt and some stay healthy. But assuming the same will happen next year is just looking for misery IMHO.

I don’t think that me thinking a light, slight framed WR who was often hurt will continue to stay hurt, is looking for misery. 
 

players of the same position were selected around both the mims and Becton picks and have been better, so ultimately that falls on this terrible GM who continues to fail at identifying talent 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Bear in mind that I think this is the NFL Rumors account that just tweets out random nonsense, linking just about every team too just about every FA, and then pats themselves on the back when one of their random dart throws hits the target.

 

I don’t know why we can’t get rid all information that doesn’t come from you and 2 other posters (Jetlife33) since it feels like a lot of people here can’t use twitter correctly.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

According to Connor Hughes, the 3 teams who have shown the most interest in Scherff are NYJ, JAX, CIN. The LAR have shown some interest as well but they will be priced out. 

Most people I’ve spoken to expect the Jets to land him. 

Would be huge imo. Love the player 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Davis had 3 drops in 2019 and 1 drop in 2020

Shhh! It doesn't help the narrative if you bring facts and other such nonsense into the story! ;-)  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Davis had 3 drops in 2019 and 1 drop in 2020

Not sure where you came up with this but its not accurate. 

2018 - 6 in 16 games

2019 - 4 in 15 games

2020 - 3 in 14 games 

2021 - 5 in 9 games

That's putrid, especially when projected over full seasons. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

Joe is ready to pay a safety but won’t pay a proven #1 WR….. this franchise is doomed guys 

Just because some unknown guy posts this on twitter you think its true? ? ? Why?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Davis had 3 drops in 2019 and 1 drop in 2020

this is what I was taking about,
PFF called it right on this one. he came in here and was terrible 

“Signing a player coming off a career year is always dangerous — doubly so when the plan is to transplant him into a significantly worse environment. That’s exactly what the Jets did with Davis, as they hoped he could lead a new-look receiving corps to success with a rookie quarterback. Davis dealt with injuries and only played in nine games, but in those games, he averaged just 1.74 yards per route run — a massive dropoff from the 2.58 he managed last season. Davis also posted the highest drop rate (15.6%) of his career and his lowest PFF grade since he was a rookie. He will get another chance next season, but the Jets need the former first-round pick to up his game.“

 

Source : https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/jets/.amp/news/new-york-jets-corey-davis-named-among-worst-free-agent-signings-2021-season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Not sure where you came up with this but its not accurate. 

2018 - 6 in 16 games

2019 - 4 in 15 games

2020 - 3 in 14 games 

2021 - 5 in 9 games

That's putrid, especially when projected over full seasons. 

Sports Info Solutions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Not sure where you came up with this but its not accurate. 

2018 - 6 in 16 games

2019 - 4 in 15 games

2020 - 3 in 14 games 

2021 - 5 in 9 games

That's putrid, especially when projected over full seasons. 

Shhh! It doesn't help the narrative if you bring facts and other such nonsense into the story!  😉 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

this is what I was taking about,
PFF called it right on this one. he came in here and was terrible 

“Signing a player coming off a career year is always dangerous — doubly so when the plan is to transplant him into a significantly worse environment. That’s exactly what the Jets did with Davis, as they hoped he could lead a new-look receiving corps to success with a rookie quarterback. Davis dealt with injuries and only played in nine games, but in those games, he averaged just 1.74 yards per route run — a massive dropoff from the 2.58 he managed last season. Davis also posted the highest drop rate (15.6%) of his career and his lowest PFF grade since he was a rookie. He will get another chance next season, but the Jets need the former first-round pick to up his game.“

 

Source : https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/jets/.amp/news/new-york-jets-corey-davis-named-among-worst-free-agent-signings-2021-season

Depends if you think that the problem was with Davis developing dropsy vs. Zach's throwing being the main issue here ... given Zach's well documented issues I'm of the opinion that it was more on him than the WRs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...