Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

2 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

But Douglas aint willing to go the extra mile to get a the player he wants to so SOJ rinse and repeat.

That is not true.  JD will spend whatever, last year was not the year to go out and spend big on FA, 1 year prove-it deals and couple splashes.  This year is more so some bigger splashes, bigger prove-its, next year is when they SHOULD be filling in the final pieces of the puzzle and can sign the luxury FA to big money.  And if everything is set up correctly below that contract, whatever happens won't dump them back into cap hell in 2 years and have to completely rebuild everything from scratch again.  I'm so confused as to why people have had such a hard time understanding this.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Getting Landry would put a lot of pressure on Elijah Moore. He will need to be our #1 WR because Corey Davis and Jarvis Landry are not #1 guys. I wouldn't hate it if we signed Landry just that it would make me nervous. As much as I think Elijah Moore will eventually become a #1, I think it's a lot to ask for him to be that guy next year.