Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

36 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Not surprised at that price tag. The WR market has been getting reset over the last couple of year. Elite guys will be in the 25+ range going forward. Bottom tier #1 guys in the 18-20 range and #2 guys in the 12-15 range.

That’s why I think the Cooper’s contract isn’t too bad. He’s a bottom tier #1 and will likely get paid in 18-20 range. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

see its stuff like this that makes me laugh when people tell me that GB cant resign Adams. there is all kind of stuff teams can do to make cap space.

5-10M is one thing, but they are still around 27M over the cap.  if adams wants 30,  they'll have to clear almost 60M in cap space.  how can they do that?!

Just now, heymangold said:

5-10M is one thing, but they are still around 27M over the cap.  if adams wants 30,  they'll have to clear almost 60M in cap space.  how can they do that?!

hes not getting anywhere near 30 mil. not from the Packers or anyone else. he got 22 Mil last year and that was tops for a WR. he gets maybe 24 Mil. 

there is no way the owners are going to let Adams drive up the WR market that much. 

and you can keep doing stuff like that, cut players, restructure contracts. there not letting Adams go.

9 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Like Joe Walsh sang so many years ago in "Life's Been Good"   I let accountants pay for it all.?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

hes not getting anywhere near 30 mil. not from the Packers or anyone else. he got 22 Mil last year and that was tops for a WR. he gets maybe 24 Mil. 

there is no way the owners are going to let Adams drive up the WR market that much. 

and you can keep doing stuff like that, cut players, restructure contracts. there not letting Adams go.

2 posts above you it has Christian Kirk commanding 15M.  Adams is the best WR in the game.  D-Hop currently sits at 27.5M.  30M for Adams isn't far off.

https://lombardiave.com/2022/03/08/packers-davante-adams-franchise-tag-salary-cap/

this article has them currently 44.5M OVER.  their gonna have to gut the roster.

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

According to an agent: 

Scherff, Williams/Mathieu/Edmunds, Ertz/Uzomah, Ricard, Jones 

After those targets probably just sign guys to 1-year deals

Of those, Ricard is the one that excites me the most. The rest represent spinning of the wheels.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Cbucco19 said:

He never plays ?. Rather other guards 

Yeah it bothers me the jets would sign a guy with his kind of injury history given how unlucky they’ve been re: FA injuries but Douglas loves him and the coaching staff is all for it. I don’t know if the Jets sign him though bc of competition and Scherff’s desire to win. There is some speciation he could shock everyone and take less to play with the Rams

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Of those, Ricard is the one that excites me the most. The rest represent spinning of the wheels.

We’re going to compete w Miami on a lot of guys, including Ricard. Sounds like from a few guys that Berrios is going to sign with Miami if they are unable to land Amari Cooper

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

The list feels more traditional Jets than Joe Douglas Jets. Either ownership getting more involved or Douglas pressing. Don’t think either is good.

That said, this is how these lists looked the last two offseasons and they ended up with guys in the Uchenna Nwosu, Jordan Whitehead, Cedrick Wilson, Laken Tomlinson range.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, football guy said:

Yeah it bothers me the jets would sign a guy with his kind of injury history given how unlucky they’ve been re: FA injuries but Douglas loves him and the coaching staff is all for it. I don’t know if the Jets sign him though bc of competition and Scherff’s desire to win. There is some speciation he could shock everyone and take less to play with the Rams

Love DJ Jones and Ricard . Is it only 1of the safety’s ? Or can they possibly sign one and Edmunds  

4 minutes ago, football guy said:

We’re going to compete w Miami on a lot of guys, including Ricard. Sounds like from a few guys that Berrios is going to sign with Miami if they are unable to land Amari Cooper

Anywhere but Miami Berrios! I  can see that happening, he is exactly what McDaniel is looking for. Hate the Dolphins.

another very confident FA take is safety. Our front office has a strong relationship with CAA and apparently we’ve been courting Sexton’s guys to make sure we get the first opportunity. Although Douglas approaches FA with a “line in the sand” mentality, we compensate by signing other guys to above market deals. Keelan Cole is an example of that last year

• Upvote 3