Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

Jetlife33

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I dispute that part.  He could have earned a big pay day if he had a great year with the jets last year which he didn't no matter what pff throws gains the wall.  Oh he got paid alright but didn't help our badly rated defense that much.

He definitely had a down year in 2021, but his overall level of play since he was drafted was impressive. In the right scheme (which the Jets don't run), he's an upper-tier run stopping DT.

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Not drafting an OL in round 1 confirmed… obviously…. Unless they trade Becton but also probably not

I will take this idea to my grave.....trade Becton to Dallas for Collins. and a mid rd pick. 

• Thumb Down 1

Laken Tomlinson's a good signing.  Experience in the scheme, pretty good zone blocker in the run game and a pretty good pass blocker as well,  slides right in at RG, even though he's primarily played LG.  PFF had him as top 5 guard the past two seasons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Quality move. Not earth shattering, but a step in the right direction. I like this way better than signing Scherff. 

It's a more reliable move. 

He's not as good as Scherff, but he's more durable (pre-Jets) and knows our playbook and system (or close enough).

A solid move at a vital need (O-line).

• Upvote 3