Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

2 minutes ago, BeaconJet said:

And maybe more importantly, probably signals the end of the Freddie Freeman era in Atl... so where does he end up? Dodgers? Yanks? Blue Jays?  West coast guy, have to figure Dodgers are the front runners?

Dodgers.  It's always the Dodgers (or Yankees, or Red Sox, or Mets).

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BeaconJet said:

And maybe more importantly, probably signals the end of the Freddie Freeman era in Atl... so where does he end up? Dodgers? Yanks? Blue Jays?  West coast guy, have to figure Dodgers are the front runners?

Everything I saw earlier indicated Dodgers.

Kick Oakland, Pittsburgh, and Tampa out of the league. This sh*t is so pathetic.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

At this point, would they sign a wr FA or just draft their favorite one at 10?

I should have specified. If a WR comes in free agency*** it'll be Gage or Chark.  I am fully expecting and hoping Jets  hit WR at #10

I guess it's cool Berrios is back but it hits the excitement meter at about the same level as when I find a $5 bill in a jacket pocket I haven't worn in a while.  

Its a nice little surprise but at the end of the day its just a grande caramel frappuccino.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Pac said:

I guess it's cool Berrios is back but it hits the excitement meter at about the level as when I find a $5 bill in a jacket pocket I haven't worn in a while.  

Its a nice little surprise but at the end of the day its just a grande caramel frappuccino.

Well said!

6 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Jaguars started with around $39 million in cap space and have blown by that number.  Hopefully this puts an end to the narrative that the Jets can't get whoever they want because of cap constraints.  It's a ridiculous and outdated premise,

• Upvote 4

Really interested to see what happens with Marcus Williams. Douglas very reluctant to sign guys past 3-years, but Williams is only 25. As their top target, would they prefer the 3-year structure but pay him a lot of money up front, or divert and spread out the cap hits on a 4 or 5 year deal? 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Well....

1. A difference maker #1 WR would be nice.

2. A LB or two would be good.

3. Some DBacks might be good too.

4. A TE would be nice.

5. Backup QB....

6. Edges.....

7. Better kicker.....

Yeah, no shame for the two signings so far, but it's not like we've solved our talent deficiency, lol. 

We still pretty much need everything.

You always manage to piss on the corn flakes.  No matter what.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Matt Olson traded to the Braves.

How is Oakland allowed a MLB franchise, just pathetic. 

Something gonna change in there soon.  Oakland and Tampa stadium issues have to be resolved before MLB can expand.  With tv deals seemingly maxed out, every major sport looking for expansion fees.

• Upvote 1

Colts are looming as the group that has a ton of FA dollars and haven't splurged yet. Jags have basically blown their load, Dolphins have made some big signings, Seahawks as well (and still need a QB). 

Colts had $20mm more cap space than anyone else entering FA. I'm guessing they are the Jimmy G home - but even after taking that on they'll have the most cap space. I'd look to them as competitors for A Rob, Carleton Davis, and Marcus Williams.