Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

23 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Matt Olson traded to the Braves.

How is Oakland allowed a MLB franchise, just pathetic. 

Atlanta has sooo many assets in their farm system (like Oakland) but are a big market team (unlike Oakland).

That said... Oakland competes every year for the playoffs. Just can't afford to keep top talent

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

11 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Well....

1. A difference maker #1 WR would be nice.

2. A LB or two would be good.

3. Some DBacks might be good too.

4. A TE would be nice.

5. Backup QB....

6. Edges.....

7. Better kicker.....

Yeah, no shame for the two signings so far, but it's not like we've solved our talent deficiency, lol. 

We still pretty much need everything.

1) Not really one of those available, but I'd be surprised if it's not the pick at 10.

2) Don't want a big money linebacker.  Agreed the position needs to be better, but it's not a first hours of FA move.  Exception for Z'Darius Smith, maybe?

3) Yes, but I think the team may be higher on Hall than many think.  And, no thank you to big money on a safety.  I could see Sauce Gardener being a Jet as well.

4) Yes, but who in FA?  This is likely at the top of round 2.  I imagine we'll add someone within a few days as well.

5) Flacc attack is back, jack.

6) Highly likely #4.

7) Yes, but imagine this place if the first thing we did was bring in a kicker.

1. Fair, and agreed.  I've been a "WR at #10" guy since the start, so I'm good with that.  I prefer Wilson.

2. Hmmmm, yeah, ok.  The position really needs alot of help though, so attacking it both in FA and the draft (2nd round) might not be a bad way to go.

3. I like Hall.  Not sure I like the other guys much tho.

4. Fair point.  2nd Round is my spot for TE, along with that LB mentioned above.

5. Eat poop. 

6. Agreed.

7. Lol, good point.  Still want one tho.  Reliable FA or even a late round draft pick (i.e. best Kicker in Draft i'd hope).  A team that can't score (like ours) needs a reliable long-distance kicker more than most.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Atlanta has sooo many assets in their farm system (like Oakland) but are a big market team (unlike Oakland).

That said... Oakland competes every year for the playoffs. Just can't afford to keep top talent

They can afford it, their ownership chooses not to. Like Fish said there needs to be a salary floor, watching this continuous build and tear down build and tear down is just exhausting and terrible for the game. With that said, Ill stfu now as to not further derail the thread :)

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Thinking it's gonna be edge at 4 and either CB (if Gardner drops) or WR at 10

I think edge-edge is more likely than edge-WR. But depends how the rest of FA goes.

Also realistically, good chance the Jets don’t make a pick at ten.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, derp said:

I think edge-edge is more likely than edge-WR. But depends how the rest of FA goes.

Ten does have a distinct "trade down for a lower 1 and future 1" feel about it.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, derp said:

If there are positions i'd want to double dip this year, to me it's definitely edge, TE, and LB. I'd be down with that. A trade down at 10 would be pretty ideal.

I had Christian Kirk on my fantasy team last year. I gotta tell you, he doesn't seem like a significantly better player than Berrios (if he is better at all), so the Jets got a nice deal on Berrios considering what Kirk got. Good for the young QB to have continuity on offense as well. However, Jets still need to improve the weapons on offense. 

• Upvote 4