Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

16 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The Jets can spend whatever they want to get ARob, they just choose not to.  The Jags had less cap space and have spent a combined amount of $50 million annually on 4 players. The Jets can get it done if they choose to.

And if by chance these moves make the Jags better...will it be enough to get them over the top?  Or, are they going to be in cap hell in a few years, just when they need flexibility to add pieces to make a serious run?

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I N S A N E 

People get to hung up on APY.  It is a misnomer.  For example....$12 Million year 1, $15 Million Year 2, $20 Million year 3, $25 million Year 4.  Its all about the guaranteed money.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, SR24 said:

That Cooper deal doesn't feel all that bad now this is insane 

Just because Kirk got a huge payday doesn’t mean it’s a good deal for the team The Jags just wildly overpaid for a receiver who might be as good as Corey Davis. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ruby2 said:

It is time for a WR1 in the first round. I know we have no idea what that is like, but the universe is alligning.

I wrote the same 2 days ago.  It’s happening because the value to cost ratio for who is available isn’t too high.  I see a mid tier guy in FA and London at pick 10, unless the Jets somehow maneuver a big trade.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

Personally I think it’s a little short sighted to go writing him off and spend a top 10 pick on another OT… but would sign a high end swing tackle to ensure we have contingencies and probably draft another on day 2

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I wrote the same 2 days ago.  It’s happening because the value to cost ratio for who is available isn’t too high.  I see a mid tier guy in FA and London at pick 10, unless the Jets somehow maneuver a big trade.

london's pro day looming large now.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

Ton of 9ers players with huge praise for Tomlinson. My partner at work is actually a huge 9ers fan. He says we’re in good hands, San Fran just didn’t have the money to keep him. 

Gotta love when you sign a FA and his players are upset he is leaving

• Upvote 3