Jump to content

Official 2022 Free Agency Thread


Jetlife33
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

signing with Jax $45 mil

Wow - hadn't heard about that . Wonder how Jax will field a 53 man roster. they better pray one of the big contract boys doesn't get hurt during the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

Wow - hadn't heard about that . Wonder how Jax will field a 53 man roster. they better pray one of the big contract boys doesn't get hurt during the season.

Scherff is hurt over 50% of the time

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I see the logic but many of these GMs are desperate to keep their jobs and are too impatient to wait a year or two for a WR to get acclimated to the league and contribute in a meaningful way.

Our second round pick last year was on pace to have a better year than Kirk with Mike White, Joe Flacco and Zach Wilson throwing the ball. 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Two years ago WR contracts depressed because the WR class was loaded. The opposite effect seems to be happening this year.

I don't know about that.

I think we've had a real influx of WRs the past 2-3 years in the Draft.  Some very loaded classes.  Those guys are now 1 or 2 years away from free agency.  We might see the market get flooded again in FA.

I think being patient might be the smart move rather than overpaying for a FA WR right now.  Davis was a fairly large deal last season, the Jets drafted Moore, and they just re-signed Berrios.  My guess is that JD looks for another borderline starter in FA, a WR4 type similar to Berrios but who isn't really a slot guy.  I don't think he's backing up the Brinks truck for Allen Robinson.

 

1199739173_ScreenShot2022-03-14at1_06_04PM.thumb.png.fe77c64b81cbedbe4673caf19b47f73b.png

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

This is really awesome, for those who haven’t followed the past month that user tweeted at him every day and the jets asking to re-sign him. Awesome move by Berrios. She’s gonna love that. 

@T0mShane is now spamming both Deshaun Watson's and the Jets' twitter accounts now.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

Our second round pick last year was on pace to have a better year than Kirk with Mike White, Joe Flacco and Zach Wilson throwing the ball. 

 

 

 

Agreed, but statistically he is the exception, not the rule.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If this is the future of WR contracts, I hope the Jets start running the wishbone.

I honestly think the Jets are going to continue trying to build a run-first team.  They're constantly investing in the OL.  They can continue to upgrade that phase of the game by adding the right FA TE and drafting another RB in the middle rounds to add to the Michale Carter committee.  That's the "value" way to approach the offensive upgrade... add a Pro Bowl RG, upgrade TE (low $$$), add another good RB.

Roll into the Draft with Elijah Moore, Corey Davis, Braxton Berrios, etc. and maybe add a Christian Watson in Round 2?  You can excite the pass gaming with a good TE addition in the Draft as well.  Likely, McBride, etc.

  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

I honestly think the Jets are going to continue trying to build a run-first team.  They're constantly investing in the OL.  They can continue to upgrade that phase of the game by adding the right FA TE and drafting another RB in the middle rounds to add to the Michale Carter committee.  That's the "value" way to approach the offensive upgrade... add a Pro Bowl RG, upgrade TE (low $$$), add another good RB.

Roll into the Draft with Elijah Moore, Corey Davis, Braxton Berrios, etc. and maybe add a Christian Watson in Round 2?

maybe. but think you want another... Pickens, Justyn Ross type...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I honestly think the Jets are going to continue trying to build a run-first team.  They're constantly investing in the OL.  They can continue to upgrade that phase of the game by adding the right FA TE and drafting another RB in the middle rounds to add to the Michale Carter committee.  That's the "value" way to approach the offensive upgrade... add a Pro Bowl RG, upgrade TE (low $$$), add another good RB.

Roll into the Draft with Elijah Moore, Corey Davis, Braxton Berrios, etc. and maybe add a Christian Watson in Round 2?

maybe a first round WR to boot! Man it does sound good

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...