Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

I'd still want Edge at 10, I'm not sure we land a true difference maker at edge later.

I want to trade back from #4 if Hutch and Thibodeaux are gone, and hit the 3rd or even 4th best Edge guy at #10.  That seems to be the spot to get an Edge rusher in this class.  Not sure if that's a Jermaine Johnson, Karlaftis or a Travon Walker.... but there's a group there that the Jets should be able to scout and make a decision on.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I'd love to sign Collins too. Would mean we'd have to trade Becton or Fant but Collins is a  really good RT

Doesn't mean we'd need to trade Becton.... but we could.

Collins immediately becomes the starting RT.  Becton and Fant compete for LT.

Fant has only one year left on his deal, Morgan Moses would be gone, Becton is still a completely untrustworthy wild card (from an availability standpoint).

I have no idea what the $$ would be but Collins, Becton, Fant (1-year left) is how you Boom free agency and take OL completely off the table as both a consideration in the Draft and an excuse for the Jets offense.  The conversation completely pivots to Zach and the weapons making the O go.  I'd like that.

• Sympathy 2

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Doesn't mean we'd need to trade Becton.... but we could.

Collins immediately becomes the starting RT.  Becton and Fant compete for LT.

Fant has only one year left on his deal, Morgan Moses would be gone, Becton is still a completely untrustworthy wild card (from an availability standpoint).

I have no idea what the $$ would be but Collins, Becton, Fant (1-year left) is how you Boom free agency and take OL completely off the table as both a consideration in the Draft and an excuse for the Jets offense.  The conversation completely pivots to Zach and the weapons making the O go.  I'd like that.

I'm really hoping we make this move Collins is so damn good. Jets would be in such a good spot too especially if Becton comes back strong

• Upvote 2