Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

May be an unpopular take but I don’t love what the Jags are doing. Classic headline grabbing moves without a rhyme or reason

I think it's obvious what they're doing.  They're beefing up the offensive line by adding Scherff, added weapons in Kirk and Engram for their young Qb and added 2 really good defensive players on Oluokun and Foley.

They're actually trying to accelerate Lawrence's growth by adding veterans to surround him with instead of draft picks that are question marks. I'm sure they're not done yet either. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Maybe I'm in the minority but I'd do $17m for Marcus Williams. We'll have our pick of the liter at Edge in the draft (aside from Hutch and Thib). I don't want to take a Safety high. I like Zadarius too but his back issue is still a concern not to mention he's probably +$20m

If this was a decision JD made I wouldn’t be upset.  Draft Sauce and edge in the 1st - Sign a bunch of mid tier LB’s.  And you have a very good D.  

Just missing that big time WR still though.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The Jets don't want their CBs to even matter.  Saleh's approach is to pressure, harass, sack the opposing QB.  He wants the QB to make bad decisions, to have to scramble immediately and throw a wobbly pass while on the run as he's about to get hit such that you or I could intercept it if we've followed our assignments correctly and are in the right zone with our eyes looking back to the LOS.

“Can you win on third down?” The New York Jets HC responded bluntly, “it’s that simple.” Saleh went on to say that his cornerbacks “come in all shapes and sizes,” a phrase reminiscent of Mike LaFleur, when the offensive coordinator was first asked about his running backs.

He elaborated: “The dog mentality, the ability to win in man coverage, the fearlessness to get up there in press [coverage] and win their one-on-ones, that’s what matters.”

-Robert Saleh

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

ehh, without being familiar with their Oline situation, they got the QB -- gotta get on fleshing out that roster. Feels like it's on the cusp of getting reckless but... we'll see. the alternative is "we never gave the QB a chance with a cast" thing. 

Swear our thoughts align way too often. 

• Upvote 1

Not done yet signed Engram ,,, they are making moves regardless . #aggressive.

I think it's obvious what they're doing.  They're beefing up the offensive line by adding Scherff, added weapons in Kirk and Engram for their young Qb and added 2 really good defensive players on Oluokun and Foley.
They're actually trying to accelerate Lawrence's growth by adding veterans to surround him with instead of draft picks that are question marks. I'm sure they're not done yet either. 

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app

14 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

May be an unpopular take but I don’t love what the Jags are doing. Classic headline grabbing moves without a rhyme or reason

Seems like they are trying to win football games and set their young QB up for sucess in a critical year 2...

Good for them and their fans. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

The Jags strategy makes sense but the execution sucks. They’re wildly overpaying for players who are going to be asked to do more than they’re accustomed to. And Evan Engram sucks.

And end up losing good young players trying to keep up with these paychecks.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

The Jags strategy makes sense but the execution sucks. They’re wildly overpaying for players who are going to be asked to do more than they’re accustomed to. And Evan Engram sucks.

Exactly. The dudes they paid aren’t even that good. Like what???

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Grandy said:

So can anyone explain why in the world the Seahawks are trying to get Watson after they just traded Wilson?

Glad they failed, hopefully they want Malik Willis and are willing to trade up to #4

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, Grandy said:

So can anyone explain why in the world the Seahawks are trying to get Watson after they just traded Wilson?

Wilson wanted out. Nobody just traded a too-10 QB for no reason. That relationship was dead.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

“Can you win on third down?” The New York Jets HC responded bluntly, “it’s that simple.” Saleh went on to say that his cornerbacks “come in all shapes and sizes,” a phrase reminiscent of Mike LaFleur, when the offensive coordinator was first asked about his running backs.

He elaborated: “The dog mentality, the ability to win in man coverage, the fearlessness to get up there in press [coverage] and win their one-on-ones, that’s what matters.”

-Robert Saleh

Since Saleh was hired have you heard him or Douglas mention CB when they mention premium positions? The answer is no.  There's a reason for that