Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Doesn't mean we'd need to trade Becton.... but we could.

Collins immediately becomes the starting RT.  Becton and Fant compete for LT.

Fant has only one year left on his deal, Morgan Moses would be gone, Becton is still a completely untrustworthy wild card (from an availability standpoint).

I have no idea what the $$ would be but Collins, Becton, Fant (1-year left) is how you Boom free agency and take OL completely off the table as both a consideration in the Draft and an excuse for the Jets offense.  The conversation completely pivots to Zach and the weapons making the O go.  I'd like that.

so either Fant or Becton will sit on the bench? that doesnt make sense to have 3 starting tackles in which one will sit on the bench just because your afraid Becton will get hurt.

Becton started the last 2 years, there is no reason to think he wont start this year. he is our RT. now if he gets injured then his backup who i expect will be a 3rd or 4th rd pick will have to take over. 

the money for Collins who be better used somewhere else. and we got plenty of places to use it.

• Upvote 2