Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

19 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Since Saleh was hired have you heard him or Douglas mention CB when they mention premium positions? The answer is no.  There's a reason for that

This is after he was hired… and then all the reporters have stated that the Jets view CB as a premium position.

42 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I think it's obvious what they're doing.  They're beefing up the offensive line by adding Scherff, added weapons in Kirk and Engram for their young Qb and added 2 really good defensive players on Oluokun and Foley.

They're actually trying to accelerate Lawrence's growth by adding veterans to surround him with instead of draft picks that are question marks. I'm sure they're not done yet either. 

Another way of putting it, is they’re bolstering FA while Lawrence is on the rookie QB pay scale.

JD talked about the rookie pay window, but doesn’t seem to understand slowly building thru the draft is the opposite of striking during that rookie pay window.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Okay, so we all love the Tomlinson signing, and it’s great to have Berrios and Coleman back, but this means that after 7 hours all we’ve basically done is sign a RT.

Can we pick up the pace a bit, Joe?

Did you want to pay kirk 21 mil?

7 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Eh, I think this is worth another bit of clown makeup removed, while also adding in one of those seltzer squirting flowers, eh @Mogglez?

Get another RB in FA/Draft while keeping Coleman?  I can dig it.  I love MC, but the kid still has to learn has to pass protect, something that comes with experience.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Okay, so we all love the Tomlinson signing, and it’s great to have Berrios back, but this means that after 7 hours all we’ve basically done is sign a RT.

Emotion Reaction GIF

only one team is making hasty moves… the only team in the league worse than the jets

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

This is after he was hired… and then all the reporters have stated that the Jets view CB as a premium position.

No they haven't. Douglas reiterated at the combine that his premium positions are OLine, QB, WR and Edge. He said the goals are to protect the QB, get after the QB and surround the QB with playmakers.  Where in that statement does he suggest CB is a premium position? Go watch the interview. 

And any place Saleh has been DC they have never put any emphasis on using premium assets or money on the CB position. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Okay, so we all love the Tomlinson signing, and it’s great to have Berrios and Coleman back, but this means that after 7 hours all we’ve basically done is sign a RT.

I've heard we sign Tomlinson hour agos but was that a typo or a new development regarding him playing RT?

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

lol sure, Connor. 

In other news, Tevin Coleman will be cut after training camp. 

Feels like they’re going to draft a RB higher than folks expect but if they didn’t sign somebody it would’ve been obvious.

If something goes wrong in TC for somebody else then they’ve got a built in guy who knows the scheme in Coleman.