Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

DL is as important to Saleh as OL has been to Douglas.

Let's not listen to what people say, but watch what they do.

In the past two seasons the Jets have gone OL with the #11 and #14 overall picks.  On DL they have used what, a 3rd on Zuniga and a 7th round pick on Jonathan Marshall?   Let's not dismiss the idea that the Jets go DL twice within the #4, #10, #35, and #38 picks.... especially if the Jets make a big move in Secondary in FA.

Gotta factor in joe is very big on positional value. I dont see him taking DT that high. Especially when he has 3 well paid ones on the roster. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

I would rather just keep McGovern.  Continuity is important to the OL.  He played well last year, much better than his first season.  We are already slotting in two new guys from last year (if you count Becton who barely played).  I don't think Tretter is enough of an upgrade to justify the move, and he would probably cost more than the $9M we could save cutting McGovern.

I think Tretter is much better than McGovern and OL continuity is overrated recently the Browns, Pats, Bills, Chiefs rebuilt OLs with talent infusion. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

The franchise tag for a safety is 10.6 mil.

Is Marcus Williams so much better than recently tagged Jesse Bates? - is he even better at all? Genuine question.

This should be interesting to watch. The LT3 & Uzomah contracts were obvious from needs/fits and we paid the appropriate free agent premium. 

Getting Berrios back on that deal was a good piece of business.

Marcus Williams is the interesting watch - if he signs somewhere else for 15 mil a season, I'll be happy we didn't bite. If he signs here for 10 mil a season, I can't say it's what I'd do, but I wouldn't vilify it either - we would've gotten better and it's not a massive overpay.

I just thought we learned this lesson, though.