Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

I don't think the team is quite as high on MCII and Hall as people on this board. If Gardner is available, he's going to be a considerable upgrade over anyone the Jets have on the roster now (except for Reed). 

edge helps all DBs. MCII played well enough. 

Chandler Jones and Z Smith... one needs to be signed 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Not an attack against you, but Blewett also said Quinnen was going to be the next Aaron Donald and Mims had the potential to be the next Julio Jones. 

Some folks are easily impressed, clearly.  Blewett may be one of those.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Love the Reed signing. Statistically he is a Top 10 man corner in the NFL but gets diminished value because of his height. He is strong in both pass AND run, so that says his height not the biggest issue. And lets not forget someone named Aaron Glenn was 5"9" as well. 

I actually don't think our corners were as bad as people think. We REALLY REALLY need a LB that can cover the flat and TEs. I think it is a bigger need than edge

Love that we are not really getting older with these signings as well.

Getting concerned about WR. Really wanted Gage but guess never on Jets radar. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I mostly agree, but you need quality veterans on both sides of the ball. You can’t just have a team entirely made up of 25 year olds.

Chandler Jones may be on the wrong side of 30 but he’s still one of the premier edgerushers in the league.

It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if the Jets brought him in and he puts up 14 sacks this season.

Chandler Jones had 5 sacks in the first game of the season last year, and 5.5 for the rest of the season.  You willing to risk big money that he's going to improve on those last 16 games, at his age?

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

We are prob talking about moving a million here or there which take care of itself with a cut or two 

Tbere is being fiscally disciplined and borderline stubborn and it’s pretty clear JD trends that borderline 

A million here and a million there and soon you end up with Christian Kirk at $20 million per or Leveon Bell at whatever absurd amount the Jets gave that walking corpse.  It doesn't have to be a disaster every time the Jets lose out on a free agent to another team. Sometimes its a blessing.  Anthony Barr reneging a few years back was a feast for the darkside/whiners and now he is not being retained. The Jets were better off without him.  Douglas has already had what appears to be a very productive free agent period.  

• Sympathy 1