Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

3 minutes ago, KRL said:

With the flexibility that Douglas gave himself in the draft I wouldn't be shocked if

he takes a DT in the first two rounds.  There were quite a few who showed out

at the Senior Bowl & Combine

Been thinking the same thing for several days. Jets fans will riot if it is in the first.

42 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Im not so sure about that.

If you REALLY wanted to remake your secondary you could see a true box safety who can tackle like Whitehead being paired with Hamilton who would be deployed as the deep centerfielder where he can use his size to possibly make up for any lack of CB height on the team. This could also allow us to pass on an OLB early in the draft.

Hamilton - Jermaine Johnson - George Pickens - Ruckert/DT would kinda round out what we have done in FA.

Hamilton a Linebacker

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:
2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:
So we're likely back to tanking if Zach gets hurt or stinks. 

I think they know they are tied to Zach and his immense talent.

Jets need to upgrade the backup quarterback position. They can't put all of their eggs in the Zach Wilson basket. It's not fair to the entire 2022 team to have nobody who can keep the team competitive should Zach bust. 

• Thumb Down 5

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Jets need to upgrade the backup quarterback position. They can't put all of their eggs in the Zach Wilson basket. It's not fair to the entire 2022 team to have nobody who can keep the team competitive should Zach bust. 

Bruh

We have MyQuite

5 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

give it a rest..Zach haters just wont to pull down every thread...

• Upvote 3

Just now, Dunnie said:
4 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:
Shhh, you'll scare the Branch Wilsinions on here. 

Mariota would.def be a solid backup.. better than he who shall not be named. But might cast way too much.

Similarly, I would like to see Tyrod Taylor as a Jets backup. I think Mariota would be silly not to try and get a starting gig, but would happily take him if he doesn't cost as much as he did as a Raider backup. 

31 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Been thinking the same thing for several days. Jets fans will riot if it is in the first.

I could easily see pass rusher, WR, TE, DT in that order as our first 4 picks

• Upvote 1