Jump to content

Official 2022 Free Agency Thread


Jetlife33
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

give it a rest..Zach haters just wont to pull down every thread...

Wanting the Jets to hedge their bets in case Zach Wilson busts isn't being a "Zach hater". It's being realistic. Most QB's end up busting. I can't see how anyone can look at Zach's entire body of work in 2021 and think that he's above that reality. I'm not saying I think he's certain to bust, but he's got a long way to go. Potential, in this league, especially at the QB position, means jack.

And, it's not just in case of Zach busting, but what if he's playing well and just gets injured and has to miss some time? It'd be nice to have someone who can come in and win games while keeping the offensive momentum going until Zach gets back.

Personally, I'm not really opposed to having Mike White as the back-up, even though I'm not one of his super-fans, but I do think another year of Flacco is a waste. If we could sign a Teddy B or even Mariota-type QB to a reasonable deal, I'd be all for it.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Wanting the Jets to hedge their bets in case Zach Wilson busts isn't being a "Zach hater". It's being realistic. Most QB's end up busting. I can't see how anyone can look at Zach's entire body of work in 2021 and think that he's above that reality. I'm not saying I think he's certain to bust, but he's got a long way to go. Potential, in this league, especially at the QB position, means jack.

And, it's not just in case of Zach busting, but what if he's playing well and just gets injured and has to miss some time? It'd be nice to have someone who can come in and win games while keeping the offensive momentum going until Zach gets back.

Personally, I'm not really opposed to having Mike White as the back-up, even though I'm not one of his super-fans, but I do think another year of Flacco is a waste. If we could sign a Teddy B or even Mariota-type QB to a reasonable deal, I'd be all for it.

Tyrod Taylor. Go get em JD.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

Tyrod Taylor. Go get em JD.  

I very much want the Jets to go get a viable strong backup QB. 

And I am a supporter of Zac Wilson.

The 'under no circumstance get a valid backup' strategy is stupid and we have seen it fail before.

I also think flacco stinks badly and needs to be gone for good.

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Beerfish said:

I very much want the Jets to go get a viable strong backup QB. 

And I am a supporter of Zac Wilson.

The 'under no circumstance get a valid backup' strategy is stupid and we have seen it fail before.

I also think flacco stinks badly and needs to be gone for good.

Who ???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I very much want the Jets to go get a viable strong backup QB. 

And I am a supporter of Zac Wilson.

The 'under no circumstance get a valid backup' strategy is stupid and we have seen it fail before.

I also think flacco stinks badly and needs to be gone for good.

Yeah, nothing about Flacco says 'team guy' or 'I give a sh*t about anything' and it makes it hard to buy him as a "Mentor" when you can get somebody who will just push the kid by being good as well and make the team better overall.  Granted, I'm not giving Mariota anything over $6m

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, derp said:

One of the starting outside spots across from Reed. Carter II plays in the slot and one of Hall/Echols drops to third outside CB on the depth chart.

In line that thinking it’s Hall. Not even a convo, but really, in 2020s? You need a stable  of at least 4 DBs at all times. I don’t like the way he framed it. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, football guy said:

A lot of people are pointing out the DJ Reed is short (5'9 1/8"), but relatively speaking he has very long arms (31 5/8") and large hands (10"). 

JC Jackson is listed at 6'1" but in reality he's 5'9 3/4" with 31 1/2" arms and 8 1/8" hands. 

@football guy any chance we get Myles Jack ? Salah and ulbrich both coached him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Who ???

Well the guy who's post i just quoted, taylor or mariota or any of a whole pile of guys not name flacco.  At least get a guy who is similar enough to your started that you are not putting the statue of liberty back there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JD has done a great job so far.  I do think they're missing the boat by not trying to bring in ARob or going out and getting a guy like Lockett to help Wilson in the short term.  Counting on Davis to be healthy,  Moore to take a jump and stay healthy for the whole year and then hope you hit on a 1st round WR is a lot to hope happens with a young QB at the helm. I know, they got Uzomah too and he's a nice player but he's not a difference maker TE, he's not going to be somebody defenses have to key on.  There are still a lot of unknowns surrounding the skill positions and that's not ideal considering the entire season comes down to Wilson taking a step forward. 

I love the moves JD has made so far but he needs to sac up and get aggressive in pursuit of that WR who can be the #1 guy in 2022.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well the guy who's post i just quoted, taylor or mariota or any of a whole pile of guys not name flacco.  At least get a guy who is similar enough to your started that you are not putting the statue of liberty back there.

When you start talking about Tyrod or Marcus, can Colin be far behind?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I very much want the Jets to go get a viable strong backup QB. 

And I am a supporter of Zac Wilson.

The 'under no circumstance get a valid backup' strategy is stupid and we have seen it fail before.

I also think flacco stinks badly and needs to be gone for good.

Where is the Mike White Love? guy played bad in a game verse buffalo and treated like a leper. Man can run the offense and be a great back up for us. That is if he is willing to sign on as the back up. Dude might sign elsewhere if he thinks he might get the opportunity to start.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

 

DE then WR...this seems to me to be an great idea. I mean lets go JETS!! Taking OL/CB CB/CB OL/TE all sounds good. There is some diamonds in that hill!!! 

Its still weird to see our team being built logically upon positional worth and importance. I still expect us to veer off path and draft a CB or Safety in the first round because of all the years of stupid picks. But Joe is literally dragging out team out of the hole so many before him dug. I

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Paradis said:

In line that thinking it’s Hall. Not even a convo, but really, in 2020s? You need a stable  of at least 4 DBs at all times. I don’t like the way he framed it. 

I mean it was framed as since Reed played side X last year does it mean he’s replacing the guy who played side X, and DJ’s response was effectively there will be a competition for the starting outside spot across from him. It was about as vanilla an exchange as possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Where is the Mike White Love? guy played bad in a game verse buffalo and treated like a leper. Man can run the offense and be a great back up for us. That is if he is willing to sign on as the back up. Dude might sign elsewhere if he thinks he might get the opportunity to start.

If he thinks he should start elsewhere .. i support his exit and wish him well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, derp said:

I mean it was framed as since Reed played side X last year does it mean he’s replacing the guy who played side X, and DJ’s response was effectively there will be a competition for the starting outside spot across from him. It was about as vanilla an exchange as possible.

I’m offended. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...