Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

I kind of like the thought of McGovern coming back. Keep as much the same as possible for Zach. We don't need him getting used to a new....

damn can't say that anymore. I am talking about the snap, smooth transition. Let's not change.

I would take CMG over other available Center right now including Bozeman but Tretter is just another level and could be had for about same price as McGovern is costing us this year. 

i wouldn’t blame them for not going that way but I have to imagine if they were hyped to go after Jensen before he resigned they are prob inclined to go after Tretter. 

I think Tretter is from upstate NY

• Upvote 1

Just now, Irish Jet said:

Hahahaha

What, as a mascot?

Zero standards at this franchise. We're running a god damn charity bringing him and Shepherd back. Awful. Doesn't belong in the league. 

Hopefully a vet minimum type deal that lets us cut him if/when we add better depth in the draft.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Feeney back:

I can live with Feeney if we actually draft another OG/OC this year to get in the pipeline. Plus that mullet is fantastic. 

I'm hoping the Jets invest in a swing tackle next...Moses showed last year just how important having that is. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Hahahaha

What, as a mascot?

Zero standards at this franchise. We're running a god damn charity bringing him and Shepherd back. Awful. Doesn't belong in the league. 

Yes, in year 2 of a ground up rebuild all of our backups should be pro bowlers.  This makes sense.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Where has Miami been? Are they being held hostage this free agency period? Waiting for Terron Armstead?

They’re gonna get washed this year in the East if they don’t improve 

makes you wonder if there was fall-out from the Brian Flores situation and the perception that the owner is a tool.  

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I have 0 worries about Zach Wilson.  What I saw last year was a kid who struggled w/ the adjustment from Utah to the NFL, the speed of the game and a new offense and teammates.  Towards the end of the year, you saw him have better command of the offense and the game started slowing down.

Zach Wilson has talent that only the Aaron Rodgers and Pat mahomes type players have.  Hes special and that is going to start to show it this year.

Get ready Jet fans!!  Its happening!!!!!!!!!!

I appreciate your positive posts in all seriousness, but I cannot tell if you are doing a shtick or really meaning it, anyway carry on entertaining nonetheless...

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yes, in year 2 of a ground up rebuild all of our backups should be pro bowlers.  This makes sense.

Feeney was the worst player on the field in almost every appearance he made. Even in the preseason against backups. From training camp reports his struggles came even earlier than that. This was not long after PFF graded him among the worst guards in football with the Chargers. 

He is out of his depth in the NFL and giving a proven failure another chance is ridiculous. 

• Upvote 2