Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

I can live with Feeney as our 7th or 8th OL on the depth chart.  As of now, he is the only back-up Center on the roster.  If we can add a day 3 pick, maybe we won't need Feeney and hopefully the contract does not stand in the way of cutting him at the end of camp. 

Cam Jurgens in Round 4

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

LMAO at some of you. It's like you must have hot takes about every move Jets make, even if it's for a depth lineman that may never see the field. 

He played nearly 200 snaps for the Jets last season and was absolutely awful. To say he never sees the field is a lie. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Wouldn’t mind a Demarcus Robinson signing today to replace Cole as a depth piece in the WR corps

I could see our Cole replacement being Cole.  Or maybe Zach Pascal, someone of that sort.  I think we'll add a cheap vet, and draft a guy high.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I agree. We should only sign starting caliber players. We just need to get those type of players to agree to sign for backup money. Any suggestions on how we do that? 

Not only that, but the Jets need to sign all of the players who are among the best at their positions.  And we need a veteran at every position to provide competition and/or to mentor the younger players who play the same position. That's all I keep hearing.  "Bring in veteran X. Nobody should be handed a job without earning it.  Competition makes everyone better.  X would be a good mentor. "  I'd like to understand how that is accomplished on a 53 man roster with a salary cap. You would need 100 roster spots and an extra $100 million.  Moses is the perfect example.  Some are saying the Jets should have thrown more money his way. Really?  Pay the likely back up tackle starter money just in case someone gets hurt/is not ready/is not that good?  How does that work across the board?  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, mrcoops said:

I could see our Cole replacement being Cole.  Or maybe Zach Pascal, someone of that sort.  I think we'll add a cheap vet, and draft a guy high.

Could definitely see them bringing back Cole.

Cam Sims is another cheap guy I’d be interested in.

6’5 dude who can play that big power forward role in the WR room.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Could definitely see them bringing back Cole.

Cam Sims is another cheap guy I’d be interested in.

6’5 dude who can play that big power forward role in the WR room.

Cam Sims is an interesting guy.  Wouldn't mind that at all.

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Maybe, i'm pretty confident JD has made the decision to make the 10 pick at WR.....but a depth piece at cheap wouldn't hurt

I am not as confident, although I agree Zach needs more help.  Watching the Davante Adams situation closely, as he was a casualty of Aaron Rodgers' new contract.  He's pissed.  Allen Robinson still out there; I suspect his price is coming down.  We are not done yet.

As far as 10, I lean Burks as he adds a different dimension to this receiving core.  London as well.  Not sure Garrett Wilson does, and unless you think of him as an OBJ prospect, you go with the bigger targets and allow Elijah Moore to be that guy.

But I would not yet assume Joe takes a receiver at 10.  There is not a huge gap between a receiver at 10 vs. 35 in this draft.  And we now add to edge concerns at corner and interior defensive line.  Hill is a nickel corner, not a shutdown.  Maybe a number 2.  And I still think Joe wants the right tackle of his choice.  Trevor Penning is someone the Jets have been connected to.  I easily could see a Sauce Gardner at 4 and a Travon Walker, Jermaine Jackson, or George Karlaftis at 10.  Not clear yet that the Jets are going WR at 10.

I am hoping the Jets trade out of the 10 pick for a QB needy team.  Would love to see the Eagles come up for a QB.  I am still not sold on Jalen Hurts.  If we could snag 15 and 16 or 19, that would be a score, and allow the WR plus OT/Edge/D-line

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Lith said:

I can live with Feeney as our 7th or 8th OL on the depth chart.  As of now, he is the only back-up Center on the roster.  If we can add a day 3 pick, maybe we won't need Feeney and hopefully the contract does not stand in the way of cutting him at the end of camp. 

Plus he has a great Kenny Powers mullet 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

That's where I stopped reading as it was just going to be fan projected diahrea. You can have confidence in Zach, heck you can even still think he is going to be a top 5 QB. But if you are being honest, fair and objective about his 9 TD rookie year where at times he looked not only bad, but completely lost, and have "0 worries" we can't take you seriously. I hope Zach turns around the ship, taking sacks instead of throwing INT's I guess is marginal improvement but at the end of the year, but he still didn't SHOW anything. He just played super conservative. Let's be honest, we all want Zach to succeed but to act like hes a lock is just nonsense and playing Russian roulete with this whole rebuild. 

Wait, you were still taking him seriously?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

I am not as confident, although I agree Zach needs more help.  Watching the Davante Adams situation closely, as he was a casualty of Aaron Rodgers' new contract.  He's pissed.  Allen Robinson still out there; I suspect his price is coming down.  We are not done yet.

As far as 10, I lean Burks as he adds a different dimension to this receiving core.  London as well.  Not sure Garrett Wilson does, and unless you think of him as an OBJ prospect, you go with the bigger targets and allow Elijah Moore to be that guy.

But I would not yet assume Joe takes a receiver at 10.  There is not a huge gap between a receiver at 10 vs. 35 in this draft.  And we now add to edge concerns at corner and interior defensive line.  Hill is a nickel corner, not a shutdown.  Maybe a number 2.  And I still think Joe wants the right tackle of his choice.  Trevor Penning is someone the Jets have been connected to.  I easily could see a Sauce Gardner at 4 and a Travon Walker, Jermaine Jackson, or George Karlaftis at 10.  Not clear yet that the Jets are going WR at 10.

I am hoping the Jets trade out of the 10 pick for a QB needy team.  Would love to see the Eagles come up for a QB.  I am still not sold on Jalen Hurts.  If we could snag 15 and 16 or 19, that would be a score, and allow the WR plus OT/Edge/D-line

I forgot about Trevor Penning. He actually might be the guy at 10 or after a trade down. He might be the last big piece on the line, with his ability to play multiple positions.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He played nearly 200 snaps for the Jets last season and was absolutely awful. To say he never sees the field is a lie. 

I think you need to learn your tenses. I said he "May never see the field." Not that he "didn't see the field last year."

Regardless, we've added Tomlinson. Becton will be back. Free agency isn't over. We could draft an OL. So Feeney could literally be our 8th or 9th best OL. 

Why does his existence on this roster as a depth piece trigger you so much? 

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think you need to learn your tenses. I said he "May never see the field." Not that he "didn't see the field last year."

Regardless, we've added Tomlinson. Becton will be back. Free agency isn't over. We could draft an OL. So Feeney could literally be our 8th or 9th best OL. 

Why does his existence on this roster as a depth piece trigger you so much? 

Using the word trigger unironically. How childish.

Feeney was a resounding failure as a depth piece last year. He shouldn't be being brought back in any capacity. Maybe when we sign these hypothetical backups and cut this trash from the roster I'll be happy enough - As it is the idea of him seeing the field in 2022 is sickening. The idea that we've rewarded his play from last year to any extent at all is sickening. I don't want the very worst players in the league on the roster. Shocker.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I don't want the very worst players in the league on the roster. Shocker.

So you've watched film of every backup OL in the NFL and come to the conclusion that Feeney is the worst? 

Interesting, because PFF. who actually watch and evaluate every play and player, has Feeney graded at 75.9 which is above average. 

So who should I believe, some random poster on this forum or PFF and JD? 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

And we now add to edge concerns at corner and interior defensive line.

Edge is at 4....book it

That boils down to Interior DL or WR at 10......I beg to differ with you on no difference between the WR class available at 10 or 35. I wouldn't be suprised to see JD take 2-3 interior DL in 2nd/3rd round

Now he could suprise us all and do the wildcard.....take a LB at 10 but im sticking with Edge at 4, WR at 10, interior DL at one early 2nd rounder. The other early second rounder could be safety/cb/TE

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I do not believe this is correct.  He was awful at RG in the preseason and everybody wanted him cut.  He played 19 snaps over the first 14 games and everyone felt vindicated.  McGovern went down and he played every snap at C over the last three and was very good.  Probably excellent.  For the record those games were the Jags, Bucs and Bills.  PFF graded him at 75.9 for the season.  People here want to suck off Vera-Tucker (66.9) or Duvernay-Tardiff (53,2)?  You're wrong about the player.  He is probably an excellent backup C and  a bad backup guard.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So you've watched film of every backup OL in the NFL and come to the conclusion that Feeney is the worst? 

Interesting, because PFF. who actually watch and evaluate every play and player, has Feeney graded at 75.9 which is above average. 

So who should I believe, some random poster on this forum or PFF and JD? 

His pass blocking grades were abysmal as they always have been. His overall score was inflated by a good game against Tampa which is pretty much the outlier for his entire career. 

He's terrible and was their lowest graded guard the last year he played as a starter. But who cares if he can't block a pass rush to save his life. Who care about Zach Wilsons health anyways?

• Upvote 1