Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

Jetlife33

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

His pass blocking grades were abysmal as they always have been. His overall score was inflated by a good game against Tampa which is pretty much the outlier for his entire career. 

He's terrible and was their lowest graded guard the last year he played as a starter. But who cares if he can't block a pass rush to save his life. Who care about Zach Wilsons health anyways?

So you stand by your statement that he is the worst player in the NFL despite PFF giving him an above average grade? Or are you officially moving on to "OMG don't you care about Zach Wilson's health and future well being" type arguments? Just want to know before I waste more time in this thread. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I agree. We should only sign starting caliber players. We just need to get those type of players to agree to sign for backup money. Any suggestions on how we do that? 

How about a pivot to backups that don't totally suck? I guess there is only the binary option presented above. 

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Accurate but no leg.....but I will take someone who wont flub extra points and 45 yarders and under

That's what he gives you - accuracy over leg strength. Our other kicker, Ammendola, is the opposite.

If we could combine the two, we'd have an All-Pro.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

His twitter ramble was cringe af

The guy played through a torn labrum, fractured humerus and cracked rib last year.

Team said publicly in January he was their QB, then went after Watson as soon as the Grand Jury didn’t indict.

He never said a bad word through any of it, then after the owner, HC and GM flew out to meet with Watson yesterday Baker told the city and the Browns fans no matter what he loved playing there for them and the team. Then he thanked them for all they gave to him and his family.

Yeah… that makes him a tool. 🙄

BTW I probably follow the Browns more closely than anyone here. Their fans are furious with Haslem, Berry and Stefanski right now because of this.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

The guy played through a torn labrum, fractured humerus and cracked rib last year.

Team said publicly he was their QB, then went after Watson as soon as the Grand Jury didn’t indict.

He never said a bad word through any of it, then after the owner, HC and GM flew out to meet with Watson yesterday Baker told the city and the Browns fans no matter what he loved playing there for them and thanked them for all they gave to him.

Yeah… that makes him a tool. 🙄

BTW I probably follow the Browns more closely than anyone here. Their fans are furious with Harlem, Berry and Stefanski right now because of this.

I have the Browns in our JN mock. I hope they don't get Mayfield for that reason.....I'd be like the Rams, zero picks till day #27. Seriously,may pick your brain and go over some ideas with you as we get closer. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, section314 said:

Tnx, saw your post after I hit submit reply. I'm glad he's here. I really think that guy could be a really good weapon for us for years. It's just that accuracy thing.😀

Yeah, I still have high hopes for him. His leg power can't be taught, and he can certainly improve his accuracy with good coaching.

• Upvote 2

I don't understand why guys like Ross P and Dru Samia can't take the roster spots of Feeney and GVR?

I think the Jets best plan in this draft is to reach for extreme need, even if not the best value.  

So that is either 1) KT if they are comfortable at 4 and London or Burks at 10, or 2) Wilson at 4 and Johnson or Walker at 10.  

I would have said Sauce at 4, but the DJ Reed signing (for $10mm+ kind of rules that out).  

I would also think that if Neal, Ekwenu OR KT is available at 4 and the Jets did not want to pick them, someone would trade up to pick them. 

23 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Accurate but no leg.....but I will take someone who wont flub extra points and 45 yarders and under

I would rather have a guy who can consistenly hit a 40-yarder down 1 late with the game on the line, than a guy who can occasionally blast a 55-yarder. 

Although it would be nice to have a guy who can do both.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Tranquilo said:

How do the post June 1 cuts work? Can a contract be agreed to in principle but they can’t sign it until June 1st? I was thinking the jets would be done with the bigger signings but getting hooper paired up with Uzomah would turn the position into a strength and also allow this team to put resources into other, higher valued positions.

31 minutes ago, KRL said:

Austin Hooper is very intriguing:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3043275/austin-hooper

If Douglas signs him we could move our TE need to the 3rd-4th round

There's some really good depth at TE in this draft and depending how the board falls we might not be looking to draft TE until then as it stands now.

Signing Hooper would be a very good get, and drafting somebody in the 3rd or 4th to develop behind CJ and Hooper for a couple of years.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

I would rather have a guy who can consistenly hit a 40-yarder down 1 late with the game on the line, than a guy who can occasionally blast a 55-yarder. 

Although it would be nice to have a guy who can do both.

So just to toss a little fuel on the fire...

Pineiro is 3 for 3 from 50+.  I'm not sure where the narrative that he has a weak leg started but this suggests otherwise.

Weirdly, he is 6 for 10 from 40-49 and nearly perfect inside the 40 so I'm not sure what to make of that.  But FWIW, all four of those misses were in 2020 in CHI.

• Upvote 2