Deshaun Watson criminal charges dropped

section314

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is from the SI article:

This is what “Mary” alleges:

Mary makes clear that Watson did not touch her, nor did he force her into conducting any sexual acts. 

This is what “Mary” wants:

I just want a genuine apology, for us and our community, for putting us in these situations where we don't know what to do,” she says. 

So he sexually harassed her not sexually assaulted her?  And that’s a good thing? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Dude, I was not to comparing Watson to a pedo. I was making a point about escalating predatory behavior. Just because he didn't touch "Mary", doesn't mean he didn't escalate his behavior in future encounters (exactly what he's accused of).

So you wanted Watson jailed for what he hypothetically may have done because he hypothetically escalated his level of criminality from this instance of first-hand testimony from one of his actual accusers? 

1 hour ago, DetroitRed said:

None.  Maybe you can vote for the local politician who will make that the standard in your district.  

or you can ask they provide the evidence that he is a predator, if that is what you are accusing him of.  

What I think should happen and what I want to happen are 2 different things.

If Zeke can get 6 games after not being charged in 1 domestic violence incident then I think suspending Watson 1 season after not getting charged in 22 separate incidents across 4 states is a slap on the wrist.

He clearly restructured his deal to lose $50k per game instead of the $2m he was slated to lose in a suspension. I'd like to believe the league will take this into account when handling a suspension.

Personally I hope he plays this year and gets suspended in 2023 so he really feels the hit.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So you wanted Watson jailed for what he hypothetically may have done because he hypothetically escalated his level of criminality from this instance of first-hand testimony from one of his actual accusers? 

It's not exactly a hypothetical if that's what he's been accused of doing.

You pointed to Mary's case in that she didn't accuse Watson of touching her, so he's really done nothing wrong, but other women have; from touching them with his penis, to forced oral, to ejaculating on them. That's an escalation. How is any of that not assault? F*ck, spitting on someone is assault. But, I get it. You think they 100% must be lying because their lawyer is a turd. Never mind that Mary paints a picture that supports those accusations, and only came out after they did, so it's not like Buzbee saw Mary's accusation first, then decided to find some women to fabricate escalating claims.

Look, you're a poster who I generally respect, and agree with your opinions (football and non-football) more often than not, which is why I'm engaging with you on this. But it's clear to me that we're not going to see eye to eye on this, or persuade the one another, so I'm just going to leave it here, dude.

Agree to disagree, man.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

No proof found , and I did want him here as our QB because our QB sucks.

Exactly.  

I don’t want to label him as a predator , because I want him to be my QB.  WTF?
Nothing to do with lack of evidence 

• Upvote 1

On 3/12/2022 at 1:58 PM, FidelioJet said:

You might put “all of the off-field stuff to the side” I can’t.  
Rooting for a serial sexual predator is where I would draw the line with this team.  I’m grateful the NY Jets ownership seem to share this view.  

This ownership has brought in and hired convicted criminals. If we are to believe the rumors, they also inquired into bringing him in. Let’s not act as if ownership are stewards of morals and ethics. If Watson could have been had for a lower price, this FO would have jumped at it, just as any other QB needy FO would have.

Inferring that I’m in the minority for putting it aside is disingenuous at best; stupid at worst.

I know Deshaun is not innocent, and he’s a terrible person for it. That being said, I’m sure half of the ppl in all sports terrible in some form. We either don’t know about it (yet) or know that it doesn’t matter either way in the grand scheme. My feelingd didn’t stop him from doing d-bag things all these years, and won’t prevent him from doing d-bag things in the future. So if he’s gonna be allowed to play, I’d rather he play for my team since our current QB just wrapped up a worst-in-league campaign.

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

It's not exactly a hypothetical if that's what he's been accused of doing.

You pointed to Mary's case in that she didn't accuse Watson of touching her, so he's really done nothing wrong, but other women have; from touching them with his penis, to forced oral, to ejaculating on them. That's an escalation. How is any of that not assault? F*ck, spitting on someone is assault. But, I get it. You think they 100% must be lying because their lawyer is a turd. Never mind that Mary paints a picture that supports those accusations, and only came out after they did, so it's not like Buzbee saw Mary's accusation first, then decided to find some women to fabricate escalating claims.

Look, you're a poster who I generally respect, and agree with your opinions (football and non-football) more often than not, which is why I'm engaging with you on this. But it's clear to me that we're not going to see eye to eye on this, or persuade the one another, so I'm just going to leave it here, dude.

Agree to disagree, man.

I have never once said Watson “did nothing wrong” and I never once said that “all the women were lying.” You’re the one out here saying we should just ignore Mary’s testimony because it’s not salacious enough for you, and to instead presume that other cases were significantly worse because that fits your narrative better. The other first-hand testimony we heard was from Ashley Solis, who claimed that Watson “touched [her] with his penis” during a massage. You don’t have to assert imaginary escalations into these cases because we have two first-hand accounts of what actually happened in these cases. Gross sh*t, certainly, but a long ways away from what you’re suggesting happened, and it seems that this is what the courts and law enforcement concluded as well. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

This ownership has brought in and hired convicted criminals. If we are to believe the rumors, they also inquired into bringing him in. Let’s not act as if ownership are stewards of morals and ethics. If Watson could have been had for a lower price, this FO would have jumped at it, just as any other QB needy FO would have.

Inferring that I’m in the minority for putting it aside is disingenuous at best; stupid at worst.

I know Deshaun is not innocent, and he’s a terrible person for it. That being said, I’m sure half of the ppl in all sports terrible in some form. We either don’t know about it (yet) or know that it doesn’t matter either way in the grand scheme. My feelingd didn’t stop him from doing d-bag things all these years, and won’t prevent him from doing d-bag things in the future. So if he’s gonna be allowed to play, I’d rather he play for my team since our current QB just wrapped up a worst-in-league campaign.

I inferred nothing, not even sure where you came up with that.  Do what you want, I'm not telling anyone how to use their time and money.  I think most would be fine with it.  Just wouldn't be me.

I am glad the Jets made the choice not to pursue Watson.  I believe, at least in part, it was due to the circumstances that the Jets chose not to be involved.  I was not happy about bringing Vick in and I can tell you my wife hasn't watched another football game since.  If Watson went to jail, paid is debt to society, condemned what he did - I could appreciate and accept that.  That's not remotely what's happened here.  

I have a wife, daughter and mother - and simply wouldn't be able to look them in the eye after watching a cheering for that man.  That's just my reality, yours can be something different and that's fine.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I have never once said Watson “did nothing wrong” and I never once said that “all the women were lying.” You’re the one out here saying we should just ignore Mary’s testimony because it’s not salacious enough for you, and to instead presume that other cases were significantly worse because that fits your narrative better. The other first-hand testimony we heard was from Ashley Solis, who claimed that Watson “touched [her] with his penis” during a massage. You don’t have to assert imaginary escalations into these cases because we have two first-hand accounts of what actually happened in these cases. Gross sh*t, certainly, but a long ways away from what you’re suggesting happened, and it seems that this what the courts and law enforcement concluded as well. 

Yup.  I am sure he did plenty of things wrong. I just ain’t calling the man a sexual predator without hard evidence.  For those that go that route, you do you 

Here is an authentic question for the Dad’s out there.  Those who have daughters.  Asking because I  will respect an honest answer from fathers.   And I sincerely apologize in advance,  if you don’t approve of the question. 

If your daughter informed you that she wanted become an independent masseuse,  would you give your blessings?  And if yes, what would your advice be?

And I am very aware there are many honorable, highly qualified, professional therapists who chose to practice independently.

8 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Yup.  I am sure he did plenty of things wrong. I just ain’t calling the man a sexual predator without hard evidence.  For those that go that route, you do you 

Here is an authentic question for the Dad’s out there.  Those who have daughters.  Asking because I  will respect an honest answer from fathers.   And I sincerely apologize in advance,  if you don’t approve of the question. 

If your daughter informed you that she wanted become an independent masseuse,  would you give your blessings?  And if yes, what would your advice be?

And I am very aware there are many honorable, highly qualified, professional therapists who chose to practice independently.

Can we include physical therapists, orthopedists, proctologists, etc.? They all touch someone's body in the course of their work. That the patient gets a hard-on and rubs against them is on him, not them. As is the case with a masseuse. It's not about the profession. That's a straw man.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Can we include physical therapists, orthopedists, proctologists, etc.? They all touch someone's body in the course of their work. That the patient gets a hard-on and rubs against them is on him, not them. As is the case with a masseuse. It's not about the profession. That's a straw man.

Sure.

If you are a Dad , you can answer my question, or not 

27 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

I’ll answer this question because I believe that it’s important that society realizes that we shouldn’t tell any woman what they should and shouldn’t do because disgusting perverts can’t control themselves:

“Honey, I support whatever you have a passion for, but there are things out of your control when it comes to other people’s behaviors.  Always be a professional, don’t let anyone coerce you into anything you are not supposed to do, or aren’t comfortable doing, always make sure you have a way out and, most importantly, have a way to defend yourself.”

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I’ll answer this question because I believe that it’s important that society realizes that we shouldn’t tell any woman what they should and shouldn’t do because disgusting perverts can’t control themselves:

“Honey, I support whatever you have a passion for, but there are things out of your control when it comes to other people’s behaviors.  Always be a professional, don’t let anyone coerce you into anything you are not supposed to do, or aren’t comfortable doing, always make sure you have a way out, and most importantly, have a way to defend yourself.”

Thanks for the response.  I am hoping the fathers ’ identify themselves 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I inferred nothing, not even sure where you came up with that.  Do what you want, I'm not telling anyone how to use their time and money.  I think most would be fine with it.  Just wouldn't be me.

I am glad the Jets made the choice not to pursue Watson.  I believe, at least in part, it was due to the circumstances that the Jets chose not to be involved.  I was not happy about bringing Vick in and I can tell you my wife hasn't watched another football game since.  If Watson went to jail, paid is debt to society, condemned what he did - I could appreciate and accept that.  That's not remotely what's happened here.  

I have a wife, daughter and mother - and simply wouldn't be able to look them in the eye after watching a cheering for that man.  That's just my reality, yours can be something different and that's fine.

There are reports that the Jets did inquire about the cost. If they were acting on their morals, they wouldn’t have done that.

I also have all 3. 2 of them are old and practical enough to understand the situation and compartmentalize, and as my daughter grows, we’ll be sure to raise her the same way.

Rooting for the players on a team isn’t the same as rooting for the individual.

7 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Thanks for the response.  I am hoping the fathers ’ identify themselves 

No problem.  I apologize for the harshness earlier by the way.

What you asked is a good question here because while we would prefer to shelter our own from the roughness of the world, I do believe it is important that we support what they want to do.  I wanted to serve in the military before I was diagnosed with epilepsy. My mother couldn’t stomach the idea of it…but she still wouldn’t have stopped me because she knew that it was something I wanted to do.  My other brother wanted to follow in our family footsteps and become an LEO.  Despite her brother and father being Sgts. in the NYPD, she still didn’t want to worry about her son every single time he went to work.  Obviously massage therapist isn’t the same as the military or LEO, but there is a dangerous side of it due to the way the human race works.  That said, I would support my children in anything they wanted to do, even if the “what ifs” scared the living daylights out of me.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

There are reports that the Jets did inquire about the cost. If they were acting on their morals, they wouldn’t have done that.

No there weren’t.  It was some ridiculous thing put out there by Bryant McFadden, who makes stuff up all the time, and was immediately dismissed by multiple reporters on the beat and nationally.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I also have all 3. 2 of them are old and practical enough to understand the situation and compartmentalize, and as my daughter grows, we’ll be sure to raise her the same way.

Rooting for the players on a team isn’t the same as rooting for the individual.

I haven't seen any of these reports - In fact I don't believe what you wrote to be true.

Any connection I've seen with the Jets were prior to these allegations.

34 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

And I am very aware there are many honorable, highly qualified, professional therapists who chose to practice independently

I'd say great, I employ massage therapists.

Don't work out of your house.  Build your clientele while working at a spa or medical office.   Only do house calls for women.

Oh, and I have a 15 and 1 year old daughter, and an office that has employed female massage therapists in the past.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Sure.

If you are a Dad , you can answer my question, or not 

I am, with a 21 year old daughter. As I said, it's not the profession, per se. Based on situations like the Watson case, I would want my daughter to be in as safe an evironment as possible. Perhaps have an assistant present at all times, whether in a studio setting or in home. I'm not sure in home is even wise, to be honest. I don't think Watson would have been stupid enough to engage in any antics if there was a third party present. But then again, he's a young guy who, if nothing else, seemed to think it was cool to get off sexually with people who were hired for a non-sexual service. I can imagine there will always be men or women who would engage the request for sex and a few extra bucks, but I would also guess there are many who would be truly offended and frighened by such aggression. It's ugly, no matter the legal ramifications. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

I'd say great, I employ massage therapists.

Don't work out of your house.  Build your clientele while working at a spa or medical office.   Only do house calls for women.

Ditto. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All I’ll say in this thread is I’m so glad Dirty Jersey has been banned.  F**k that guy.

I didn’t see what he did to get banned. But I really hope it’s not for his take on the DW situation, although I don’t agree people should be allowed to form there own opinions 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I have never once said Watson “did nothing wrong” and I never once said that “all the women were lying.” You’re the one out here saying we should just ignore Mary’s testimony because it’s not salacious enough for you, and to instead presume that other cases were significantly worse because that fits your narrative better. The other first-hand testimony we heard was from Ashley Solis, who claimed that Watson “touched [her] with his penis” during a massage. You don’t have to assert imaginary escalations into these cases because we have two first-hand accounts of what actually happened in these cases. Gross sh*t, certainly, but a long ways away from what you’re suggesting happened, and it seems that this is what the courts and law enforcement concluded as well. 

i would like to see the investigation reports before i brand Watson anything.

we might have firsthand accounts but how did they do in the investigation? did there stories change or stay the same after 3 interviews? did the investigators think they were credible or not. and why did they think what they did?

there is just so much we dont know for sure before we damm this kid for life. 

there is alot of talk about daughters on here but what about sons? would you condemn Watson if he was your son? probably not. not yet anyway. 

i could get 22 people to say Tom Shane robbed a bank. and i could testifly to that. but i probably wouldnt be able to keep lying to investigators. im not saying that those women are lying, but im not saying they didnt lie either. i dont know and neither does anyone else. we might never get a blue dress but those investigators know what happened even if they cant prove it. i need to see that report, and i think we all do.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

I didn’t see what he did to get banned. But I really hope it’s not for his take on the DW situation, although I don’t agree people should be allowed to form there own opinions 

He called all masseuses sex workers and tried to justify DUIs.  And kept attacking other posters for disagreeing.  Even got a warning from Lith prior to the banning.

F him. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He called all masseuses sex workers and tried to justify DUIs.  And kept attacking other posters for disagreeing.  Even got a warning from Lith prior to the banning.

F him. 

*Ahem*

“Fatherless sex-workers”, and if they had fathers “they are bad ones”.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

F him. 

Not to mention his constant, unironic use of the word "broad". I have to believe he was just a troll and not a real personality, but then again...

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DetroitRed said:

My daughter is due in June so my feelings may change on the subject but here we go:

I think sex work should be legal and regulated, prohibition only creates black markets. If my daughter wants to be a masseuse, work in porn, or be an escort - I would fully support her, I'd want her to be safe of course. I know you didn't ask about that necessarily but that's my stance.

Watson did not hire a sex worker, he did not initiate by wanting someone to give him a rub and tug. By all accounts these are women who work in the massage industry that had the bad luck of accepting his appointment. 

Do some women lie for money, sure, but do some guys lie about sexual misconduct to avoid penalty? - damn right they do.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

My daughter is due in June so my feelings may change on the subject but here we go:

I think sex work should be legal and regulated, prohibition only creates black markets. If my daughter wants to be a masseuse, work in porn, or be an escort - I would fully support her, I'd want her to be safe of course. I know you didn't ask about that necessarily but that's my stance.

Watson did not hire a sex worker, he did not initiate by wanting someone to give him a rub and tug. By all accounts these are women who work in the massage industry that had the bad luck of accepting his appointment. 

Do some women lie for money, sure, but do some guys lie about sexual misconduct to avoid penalty? - damn right they do.

I respect that, and yes, you may modify  that opinion in 18 years

• Upvote 1