Deshaun Watson criminal charges dropped

section314

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

But doesn't that same problem go for the team that trades for him?

Trade a boat load of picks for a player that is more than likely to still be suspended for an extended period of time and still having to pay him?

thats why the trade value will go down. Houston has a gun to its head. i dont believe they want to eat 40 mil this year so they have to come down on there demands. 

plus i dont think he gets a big suspension. i know he is voluntarily sitting but he has already not played for a year. as long as he isnt guilty of anything serious i dont think they make him miss any more games. i think his punishment will mostly be a big fine.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

u do know that "not enough evidence" is not the same as innocent right? you think 30 women just made it all up to get some money from him? there is a 0.0% chance that he isn't a creep....best case scenario.

Bro he propositioned girls with sex and flashed his junk. Creepy ? Yes I agree with that but him being a top level athlete his entire life, I understand how he could get carried away.

But regardless a police investigation was done for months in the state of Texas the town he burned… so idk I think if it was something there he would’ve been charged 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Are you suggesting, if he does get indicted and charged with sexual assault by the DA - teams should simply ignore this? and just go off their own research?

your job should not get involved with legal matters of the court. if he id found guilty of anything he will be punished by the court. your job doesn't need to add to that punishment. 

teams shouldnt have to worry if he gets 6 months in jail that they then have to wait to see how long the NFL will punish him for. and if the courts decides to not punish him then he should be allowed to play immediately.

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

You all have quite a bit to learn about the legal system.

Being innocent and a grand jury choosing not to pursue charges are wildly different things. 

9 different women bought their best and all 9 were denied. If that doesn’t scream innocent idk what can 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

Jets need to be offering Zach Wilson, #4 and #10 as we speak or Douglas should just quit. Someone is about to get a 26 year elite QB and if we decide not to throw our hat in that ring, we are so, so doomed

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 8
  • Post of the Week 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

^^this

So disgusting that some people would rather believe 20+ women are all gold-digging, attention-seeking whores, rather than 1 man is a sexual creep and that the justice system isn't perfect at detecting who is innocent and who is not.

I've asked people multiple times to imagine it's true, what would evidence that would lead to a conviction look like?

Unless these women were illegally recording the massage sessions from the onset, there's just two people who were in a room together, and they're saying different things.

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Jets need to be offering Zach Wilson, #4 and #10 as we speak or Douglas should just quit. Someone is about to get a 26 year elite QB and if we decide not to throw our hat in that ring, we are so, so doomed

Hell yea. If they don’t bite, fine. But the offer should be made.

I’m praying Zach is great but can we expect him to be good enough to beat teams lead by Josh Allen, Herbert, Mahomes, Russ Wilson- year in and year out?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

9 different women bought their best and all 9 were denied. If that doesn’t scream innocent idk what can 

Again, this shows you just dont know anything about the legal system. 

Thanks for proving my point. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yes!!! I'm just kiddin' like Jason
(Oh)
Unless you goin' do it!

-E Moore

• Upvote 1

Just now, ZachEY said:

I've asked people multiple times to imagine it's true, what would evidence that would lead to a conviction look like?

Unless these women were illegally recording the massage sessions from the onset, there's just two people who were in a room together, and they're saying different things.

Yep. And, like, why would Deshaun Watson, like, lie bro? What does he, like, have to gain?

It's these whoars who are the real predators, bro!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Again, this shows you just dont know anything about the legal system. 

Thanks for proving my point. 

Not being charged does mean not guilty. But not guilty does not mean innocent. 👍

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Indy would be smart to go all in...with the roster they have that would = instant contender.

I just have my doubts that they will. 

Seems like Seattle and Carolina will be the most likely landing spots, with Philly somewhere in there sniffing around.

Zero shot they trade him within the division.

Seattle - Carroll is old, he didn't trade Wilson to rebuild

Philly - 3 first round picks + out of conference

Carolina - Watson already said no the last time they tried to trade for him, will be interesting if his opinion changed

Steelers - Tomlin + Flores

• Upvote 1