Deshaun Watson criminal charges dropped

6 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

Because once the process of Discovery is complete in a Criminal Proceeding that matter is considered closed. Now if new information comes to light it can affect the Civil Proceedings but that just means Watson is more likely to dig into his wallet deeper when that matter is adjudicated.

So this guy was a creep to 30 women but not to 33? 

I will admit I have not followed the finer details of this story, but on the surface this appeared to be a case where multiple women were giving happy endings and decided to go after a pay day.  So I do apologize if I am clueless, but what is the evidence that it’s more than that?   Why did they decline to indict ?

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

I will admit I have not followed the finer details of this story, but on the surface this appeared to be a case where multiple women were giving happy endings and decided to go after a pay day.  So I do apologize if I am clueless, but what is the evidence that it’s more than that?   Why did they decline to indict ?

I also did not follow closely but he had a thing for getting normal massage therapists there then trying to coercively get stuff done.

31 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Why did they decline to indict ?

Because the prosecutor felt there was not sufficient evidence to meet the burden of proof for the charges filed. The burden of proof in a criminal case is the Highest Standard required, 'beyond a reason doubt'. In a Civil Damages case the plaintiff only has to prove the likelihood of guilty.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Jets need to be offering Zach Wilson, #4 and #10 as we speak or Douglas should just quit. Someone is about to get a 26 year elite QB and if we decide not to throw our hat in that ring, we are so, so doomed

“Believe all victims”, that’s the saying right?  I guess not when it comes to someone who can throw a football well.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

What about the rape accusations?

Should it just be a suspension from rapist association of America too?

I, personally, believe having rapist playing in the league undermine its integrity.  

Couldn't agree more. Which is why we hate the Steelers and their former rapist QB. Same with Kobe (RIP) Bryant. I don't know if the rape victim was part of the Grand Jury on Watson or if that's a separate case, but at this point it looks like a lot of massage gals are out for a money grab, which is why they all went the Civil Lawsuit way versus demanding the DA prosecute.

I'm not sure how I feel about Watson and him having any chance to play again in the NFL. I really don't want him on our team, but if he plays somewhere else, I guess that's up the their fans to stomach.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

“Believe all victims”, that’s the saying right?  I guess not when it comes to someone who can throw a football well.

These victims were heard by the NFL, by HPD, by prosecutors, and now by a grand jury of his peers. Not one of those entities chose to move forward with any sort of prosecution. As a result, Deshaun Watson is going to be the face of a new NFL franchise as soon as next week. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Because of there is one thing I’ve learned throughout my life, it’s that the justice system really is awesome when it comes to making sure sexual assault/rape victims get the justice that they deserve.  Especially when it involves a high profile rich athlete.

Perhaps we can round up a posse and string Deshaun Watson up by the neck until he is dead.

24 minutes ago, TinFoil said:

Freaking Shane just loves too troll.. he’s well respected here why? I don’t know. All he adds is the size of his genitalia. And a avatar of Queen Phoenix.. great actor 

19 minutes ago, TinFoil said:

Oops I meant Wakeen… not Queen

17 minutes ago, TinFoil said:

I’m not sure if we are better with Shane or without him? I’m new so go figure.

curious internet GIF by GIPHY Arts

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Perhaps we can round up a posse and string Deshaun Watson up by the neck until he is dead.

You know what, I’m not going to say anything other than you would feel very differently about this if you knew someone that went through a very similar situation as the 20+ victims/accusers.

I’m going to be truly honest.  No jokes about our QB situation/Zach/etc.  Nothing.  I’ll take any other QB in the league over him as the face of my franchise any day of the week and twice on Sundays, even if it meant 0-17.  The day the Jets knowingly employ someone like Watson is the day I’m done with them for good.  The idea that he’s going to get away with this makes me physically sick.  His time will come, one way or another though.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Because if there is one thing I’ve learned throughout my life, it’s that the justice system really is awesome when it comes to making sure sexual assault/rape victims get the justice that they deserve; especially when it involves a high profile and rich athlete.

The NFL “heard the victims”.  Lmfao.  What an absolutely disgusting crock of sh*t.

Watson raped someone ?!?

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Naaa.  

System worked, there wasn't enough evidence, so he walked.  If you ever want to break the law, make sure you don't leave any evidence, and you might walk too.

Next up, Civil Court, with it's much reduced evidentiary thresholds.

Folks need to stop personally investing in cases to which they are simply not privy to all the details.  It's not about how we feel, it's about the facts.

And money.  Money helps.

• Upvote 2

I'm not 100% positive Watson will be dealt a suspension at all. I'm sure they'd LOVE to suspend him, but I can't think of any other suspensions doled out by the Commish for which there was zero corroborating evidence. None. Zero. Not even a txt msg exchange where Watson apologizes for his actions and promises not to do it again. Nothing. Every case I can think of there was a busted-up girlfriend with bruises and a police report. Or TMZ video of him slapping her down b/4 dragging her by the hair off the elevator. Eve DUI cases include officer-cams, failed sobriety tests, and again, a police report.

Can't think of any where there was no evidence beyond just he said-she said. i don't know if that will be enough to survive a wrongful suspension law suit brought by Waston against the NFL. 

Thoughts?

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Given how the system treats these victims and their cases I am, unfortunately, not surprised:

555ECB86-B221-4286-A358-730D6F84E817.thumb.png.588b5b76a8913714fe8d034470280103.png

Well we know reporters always report 100% fact.  If there was a forced oral sex complaintant why isn’t that the first person to provide testimony? 

This is still weird on all levels

• Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You know what, I’m not going to say anything other than you would feel very differently about this if you knew someone that went through a very similar situation as the 20+ victims/accusers.

I’m going to be truly honest.  No jokes about our QB situation/Zach/etc.  Nothing.  I’ll take any other QB in the league over him as the face of my franchise any day of the week and twice on Sundays, even if it meant 0-17.  The day the Jets knowingly employ someone like Watson is the day I’m done with them for good.  The idea that he’s going to get away with this makes me physically sick.  His time will come, one way or another though.  

I think it’s weird that you were rooting for Watson to be prosecuted to the highest degree—regardless of the evidence presented—because the system is flawed as it relates to crimes against women. I’m not sure that’s how the system gets reformed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

Well we know reporters always report 100% fact.  If there was a forced oral sex complaintant why isn’t that the first person to provide testimony? 

This is still weird on all levels

Not sure.  I wasn’t there.  Regardless, multiple masseuses alleged the same so there was a pattern.  The system is a joke though so, like I said, I’m not surprised.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think it’s weird that you were rooting for Watson to be prosecuted to the highest degree—regardless of the evidence presented—because the system is flawed as it relates to crimes against women. I’m not sure that’s how the system gets reformed. 

Well, a good start may be to not accuse the women here of doing it for money and fame. No? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 3

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Not sure.  I wasn’t there.  Regardless, multiple masseuses alleged the same so there was a pattern.  The system is a joke though so, like I said, I’m not surprised.

yeah, but bitches be triflin'

they just want that IG fame, yo

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If you want to believe that it’s weird that I take the accusers side in a he said - she said/she said/she said/she said/she said/she said/she said/she said/she said/she said/she said/she said/she said/she said…(I think I’ve made my point) case, then so be it.  That’s for you to sleep at night with.  I find it alarming, not just strange, that anyone could read the full details of this case and, somehow, believe that 20+ women, who don’t know one another, got together and came up with this grand scheme to extort Deshaun.

Something tells me that if Watson wasn’t someone who could help their favorite football team immensely, people wouldn’t be so easily swayed.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Well, a good start may be to not accuse the women here of doing it for money and fame. No? 

I think Buzbee was exploiting these women for money and fame, and to punish Watson for trying to leave the Texans. I also think Watson did all sorts of gross and untoward sh*t.