Deshaun Watson criminal charges dropped

section314

Now that criminal charges are no longer in play, that doesn't mean anything re: NFL suspension, right?  Or has the NFL already told teams how that will go in the absence of any criminal charges?  Any team bidding for Watson would need to know what the NFL plans to do with him.  My suspicion is that this has already been discussed, decided with the outcome already disseminated to 32 teams.

If I'm up to date on NFL tendencies, then I think Watson will see the field some time in 2022, long before Ridley.  That's the NFL.

Let the trading bids begin.  

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

To be clear, all of this can be pinned to bad ownership and leadership. Zach sucked last year. The tape, the numbers, the rankings all bear that out. Deshaun was a top 5 QB the last time he played in the NFL, and is still on the right side of 30. The Jets have the firepower to go get him and all it would cost them is the ability to select in the first round this year. They’d still have all the other picks, wouldn’t put future picks in jeopardy, and would still have all the cap space to build around him this year alone.

Putting all of the off-field stuff to the side, your post is exactly what is wrong with this team and what has held us back for literally generations.

You might put “all of the off-field stuff to the side” I can’t.  
Rooting for a serial sexual predator is where I would draw the line with this team.  I’m grateful the NY Jets ownership seem to share this view.  

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Now that criminal charges are no longer in play, that doesn't mean anything re: NFL suspension, right?  Or has the NFL already told teams how that will go in the absence of any criminal charges?  Any team bidding for Watson would need to know what the NFL plans to do with him.  My suspicion is that this has already been discussed, decided with the outcome already disseminated to 32 teams.

If I'm up to date on NFL tendencies, then I think Watson will see the field some time in 2022, long before Ridley.  That's the NFL.

I would imagine there will be a suspension coming. Don't need a conviction to get suspended from the commissioner.

Side note: 

10 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I would imagine there will be a suspension coming. Don't need a conviction to get suspended from the commissioner.

Side note: 

doubt it - usually when that happens it's because the commish does something before the legal system plays out. This guy is a superstar QB who will put butts in the seats and increase ratings/ad revenue. 

he'll be on the field week 1 unless something changes imo

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

1) I really don't see what you're trying to say with the first paragraph as it relates to my post.

2) I don't know how to unpack the second paragraph. Just because they "knew" Deshaun makes this case different? They didn't really know him. AFAIK, he was a new client for each of them. The one account by "Mary" said she didn't know until 15 minutes prior. And comparing it to a woman being randomly dragged into a dark alley? Rape takes many forms. I don't see the gray area in a woman who "knows" her assaulter versus a woman who doesn't, unless you're saying that women who know their assaulter are more likely to be lying? And the bolded almost sounds like you're questioning whether these women are actual whores who have done this kind of thing before. That is a hell of a statement without any evidence. Please tell me I'm wrong about that and you meant something else.

I don't give a sh*t about the legal procedures, or precedents here, or that a grand jury didn't see enough evidence to prosecute. All I see are 20+ women who all corroborate each other and give accounts that say Watson exhibited behavior that was not just creepy and gross, but that amounted to rape. I won't be satisfied that he didn't do it until all the women are proved to have been lying. End of story.

Like I said before, if the Jets were to make this trade (which I don't think they would) I'm done with them for the foreseeable future.

WTF are you talking about?  I don’t think I mentioned a word about who knew who, what’s the difference.  No means no.  I want no part of Watson, he’s a POS whether he’s prosecuted or not

Here's a thought. It might sound crazy, but...

Maybe we shouldn't enable and idolize sexual predators and murderers for our entertainment?

Crazy idea, I know.

We shouldn't. The NFL is screwy that way

The issue is that when somebody loses opportunities because of false accusations

I'm not saying that's the issue with Watson, but for sure it has happened before.

There needs to be a system in place to make sure players get their chance, and it's hard to find that system unfortunately

53 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

WTF are you talking about?  I don’t think I mentioned a word about who knew who, what’s the difference.  No means no.  I want no part of Watson, he’s a POS whether he’s prosecuted or not

I think you're quoting the wrong guy, bud. I want no part of Watson either, lol.

53 minutes ago, Hex said:

The issue is that when somebody loses opportunities because of false accusations

I'm not saying that's the issue with Watson, but for sure it has happened before.

There needs to be a system in place to make sure players get their chance, and it's hard to find that system unfortunately

No doubt that false accusations are despicable. Not only do they hurt the accused, but they hurt real victims.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Bro he propositioned girls with sex and flashed his junk. Creepy ? Yes I agree with that but him being a top level athlete his entire life, I understand how he could get carried away.

But regardless a police investigation was done for months in the state of Texas the town he burned… so idk I think if it was something there he would’ve been charged 🤷‍♂️

Unfortunately it just takes 1 person like you that thinks that sexual predation is just an athlete being an athlete and the trial will fail. And in a case where it is just personal testimony there will always be that person. And not being charged criminally should have zero effect on whether he should be suspended. 

5 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I find this trade for Watson talk a bit shocking.  

I can look past a lot of things for a winner, but this is crossing the line.  If it was just one accuser I could try to explain it as he said/she said, but it's reaching Cosby levels. 

Exactly. As well as accusers that are not looking for money, fame or criminal charges. But clearly in many misogynistic addled brains here, clearly these 20 women just made up a story to get money from Watson. I mean it's so common.

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

This guys usually always right, so looking like Carolina. 

That was who I figured it would be since last year.

Carolina is going to do something stupid like include Brain Burns in any trade.  That is one player I would for sure ask for if I was Houston.

No doubt that false accusations are despicable. Not only do they hurt the accused, but they hurt real victims.

It takes away credibility that victims might have, and puts suspicion on people who didn't do anything. It can ruin careers in some areas

5 hours ago, Hex said:

Isn't already in place?  This guy makes multi millions every year, more in a couple weeks play than any of us make in a lifetime.

Bottom line for me as a football fan is don't be a POS while yer getting payed...he's a true dirtbag!

He throws a great ball and is top 10 at times but do you really want him to be the face of a franchise?

all good.

• Upvote 1

I guess if the NY Jets can bring in a player who did hard time in Fed lock up for torturing and murdering innocent dogs, then some other team can bring in a player who asked 22 massage therapists to polish his knob.

After the non-Grand Jury conviction, this is quickly becoming a non-story. At least with me.

Ba-by! I'll check back in when a team trades for him.

6 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

This guys usually always right, so looking like Carolina. 

He declined a trade there in November, I wonder if his feelings have changed. I think he's hoping for Pittsburgh but would go anywhere if it were the only team.

33 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

He declined a trade there in November, I wonder if his feelings have changed. I think he's hoping for Pittsburgh but would go anywhere if it were the only team.

The guy has a lot of nerve, his actions essentially totally screw houston when they were trying to trade him and now he is still picky about where he goes?

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

It shouldnt but the NFL has just wanted this to float away for a while. Their "investigation" blamed the women. 

Well this is interesting. Watson would have been a Dolphin already, but there were three holdouts when they tried to settle. Now that those three holdouts lost their leverage, you’d have to think the Dolphins will circle back again, considering they already had the compensation agreed to. Gonna be sweet to be locked into fourth place in the division for the next ten years, baby.

From PFN:

Watson was nearly traded at the NFL deadline last season to the Miami Dolphins. But the deal was scuttled because Dolphins owner Stephen Ross insisted that the quarterback settle his lawsuits.

Watson was only able to reach preliminary agreements to settle with 18 of the 22 plaintiffs, per league sources not authorized to speak publicly. 

Well this is interesting. Watson would have been a Dolphin already, but there were three holdouts when they tried to settle. Now that those three holdouts lost their leverage, you’d have to think the Dolphins will circle back again, considering they already had the compensation agreed to. Gonna be sweet to be locked into fourth place in the division for the next ten years, baby.
From PFN:
Watson was nearly traded at the NFL deadline last season to the Miami Dolphins. But the deal was scuttled because Dolphins owner Stephen Ross insisted that the quarterback settle his lawsuits.
Watson was only able to reach preliminary agreements to settle with 18 of the 22 plaintiffs, per league sources not authorized to speak publicly. 
So no more civil cases ????

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The guy has a lot of nerve, his actions essentially totally screw houston when they were trying to trade him and now he is still picky about where he goes?

This is why teams don't want to include a no trade clause

47 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

The Saints are like $50 mil over the cap and are taking their shot on a generational QB, but Joe Douglas—almost $40 mil under the cap—can’t find room for Amari Cooper? 

• Confused 1

On 3/12/2022 at 6:24 AM, kevinc855 said:

Turns out you can indict a ham sandwich 

evidence musta been really thin

Let’s  stop pretending like some men and women don’t make stuff up 

Bunch of hot air garbage from the beginning.  Jets probably could have had him for a 1st and a future second up until a couple months ago when it became obvious to anyone with an iq over 40 these accusations were baseless and going nowhere

oh well, time to watch Zachopono stink it up another season or 2

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Bunch of hot air garbage from the beginning.  Jets probably could have had him for a 1st and a future second up until a couple months ago when it became obvious to anyone with an iq over 40 these accusations were baseless and going nowhere

oh well, time to watch Zachopono stink it up another season or 2

It amazes me how so many people want to convict a man off of accusations.  It doesn’t amaze me that it comes mostly from the woke crowd.  This man is supposed to be ruined for the rest of his life for flimsy bull shale.  And i have zero dogs in the race. I am no Watson fanboy.  If anything, i have called him overrated. But , he had a stellar record of citizenship in Houston.  And if someone is going to be known as a sexual predator for the rest of his life, you need to bring the goods 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Translation, 22 women tell an eerily similar story that makes some football fans edgy 

And not a single one could provide evidence that would send him to prison.   Not 1. Send him where sexual predators belong.  If you can provide  it, bring it. 

• Confused 2

On 3/12/2022 at 9:52 AM, playtowinthegame said:

I would trade Zach Wilson for Deshaun Watson and throw in that #10 overall pick this year in a heartbeat. Look at the AFC quarterback landscape. The Jets are rolling with a big unknown at quarterback in Zach Wilson, and the Jets haven't made the playoffs in over a decade. Trading for Watson is a bold move that comes with a big cost, but it would shoot a bolt of lightning into this franchise and bring it back to life. 

Not sure if someone already posted this.

https://omny.fm/shows/carton-and-roberts/should-the-jets-trade-for-deshaun-watson

Moreover it gives you a guaranteed FQB. We have no idea what Zach will be 

• Thumb Down 1