Amari Cooper traded to Browns

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

You sure do tbh, you literally are on a downvote rampage on me right now….

Buttttttt you don’t care ?‍♂️

Only because theres no stronger way than the downvote to show how sick I am of seeing your monotonous, tedious posts 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Hope he’s better this year too. Just kinda extra cold on him because I felt some of his drops came at a bad time and knocked Zach out of a rhythm trying to move the chains. Yes, hopefully he has a better year, we need to accept he’s a number 2 and go get a guy who can take the double teams on and still make plays. That’s not Corey Davis, that’s ok, if we do that then I think I’ll join you in next years optimism. If not? Same old same old. 

He was bad this year.  The drops were awful and unexpected.  He has to be better, and I hope he will be. 

I just think we need to accept that we will not have a #1 in 2022.  There is not a guy out there that is a legit #1 besides Davante Adams and Allen Robinson.  But if we go into the season with 3 #2 types (Moore, Davis and say a C Kirk type FA), plus a lower level vet FA (Berrios) and a R1/R2 rookie , that may be the best we can get. 

Adams is not coming here.  I Allen Robinson is a long shot, and I am not sure he is still a #1.  We could have a pretty good offense with 3 or 4 good not great WRs, plus a decent pass catching TE (not sure I remember what one of those looks like). 

Either way, Zach needs to take a significant step this season, or the next 6-7 weeks won't mean much anyway.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

He was bad this year.  The drops were awful and unexpected.  He has to be better, and I hope he will be. 

I just think we need to accept that we will not have a #1 in 2022.  There is not a guy out there that is a legit #1 besides Davante Adams and Allen Robinson.  But if we go into the season with 3 #2 types (Moore, Davis and say a C Kirk type FA), plus a lower level vet FA (Berrios) and a R1/R2 rookie , that may be the best we can get. 

Adams is not coming here.  I Allen Robinson is a long shot, and I am not sure he is still a #1.  We could have a pretty good offense with 3 or 4 good not great WRs, plus a decent pass catching TE (not sure I remember what one of those looks like). 

Either way, Zach needs to take a significant step this season, or the next 6-7 weeks won't mean much anyway.

Yep, same old same old, book it. 

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Corey Davis is not terrible, and he is a better receiver than Berrios. 

Davis is an epic draft bust.  #5 overall and sniffed 1000yds 1x in 5yrs.  Throw a rock in the 5th round and you'll hit a WR that can give you Davis' #s with similar targets.

Just now, DirtyJersey said:

Davis is an epic draft bust.  #5 overall and sniffed 1000yds 1x in 5yrs.  Throw a rock in the 5th round and you'll hit a WR that can give you Davis' #s with similar targets.

Davis is an epic draft bust for a different team. Look at my reaction for players who bust on other teams. 

unimpressed morgan freeman GIF

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Every year the whole “who’s going to be the #1 receiver” thing comes up, and every year we have to mention how overblown the notion is.    It’s far more important to have a diverse complimentary receiver group.   It’s about roles and differing physical traits.   You need your contested catch and red zone guys, your speed guys and your slot types.   Game plan and how a team defends you dictates who’s the first second or third options are for that day.   

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

Just now, Jet Nut said:

And what are you talking about?  DK is the better player, by every measure but he would cost us?  Yeah, and hes worth it.  Only one team thought Cooper was worth he $20 per/$60M.  Not the stupid draft capital, the $$.  

DK is worth it.  Whats your point of contention?

You asked me if I thought DK and Cooper were equals I don’t.  I agree with you I would give Seattle pretty much whatever they wanted for DK but no I just don’t see our GM doing it based on the cost of the acquisition and then the cost of the extension. I but I think we’re pretty much saying the same thing here lol 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Probably.  But I am usually miserable enough during the season, that I find the need to talk myself into reasons for hope at this time of year.  

Yeah, after last off season I lost that ability. might need a sympathy ban from my mod brothers in a couple weeks until the season starts. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DirtyJersey said:

Oh yeah, he will miraculously become a competent #2 wr after 5yrs in the league.  Excellent plan.

He had 984 yards in 14 games in his last season with a competent QB. Looks like the miracle already occurred. 

If you want to move the goal post and say that he cannot stay healthy, we can have that conversation as well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

You've made my point. (1) There is not a Chase in this year's draft. (2) You qualify there might be a receiver of Cooper's caliber at 10 with the word "maybe." (3) You claim that drafting a WR is a "way to go." That is your opinion. How has it worked out for the Jets? How does it work out for other teams? You don't know that it is the way to go.

It may end up being the way to go and maybe not. My point is that it is unknown. Drafting a WR is not the clear better move than taking Cooper. Let me be clear, I'm not saying I would take Cooper over drafting a wide receiver. My initial post you responded to was making the point that there is no guarantee other way. There are posters acting like the decision is clear in this case. It is not. 

Get back to me when we know the answer. Your not Nostradamus, you have no idea how well the rookie class will play. I’d sooner spend pick 10 on a young receiver then 20 mill per on Cooper.

Great to see that we should model our team building on offense on how Cleveland have done it with Mayfield.

Trade for a big name receiver whose previous team couldn't wait to get rid of him; also bring in his BFF buddy to form a dynamic duo; find out the headache is a headache and cut him; trade for a big name receiver whose previous team couldn't wait to get rid of him ...

And now they're open to trading the other half of the dynamic duo. Because, you know, consistency and chemistry are not important to a young QB.

How I wish we could build an offense the Cleveland way ...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Get back to me when we know the answer. Your not Nostradamus, you have no idea how well the rookie class will play. I’d sooner spend pick 10 on a young receiver then 20 mill per on Cooper.

Thank you again, you are re-stating my points. Neither of us are Nostradamus. We have no idea how this rookie class will play.

It is reasonable for you to say you’d rather take a shot in the dark on a rookie, and it is also reasonable for someone to say we are better off to take the best route runner in the league, whose 27, who is  incredibly smart, who jettisoned Dak into a giant payday. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Thank you again, you are re-stating my points. Neither of us are Nostradamus. We have no idea how this rookie class will play.

It is reasonable for you to say you’d rather take a shot in the dark on a rookie, and it is also reasonable for someone to say we are better off to take the best route runner in the league, whose 27, who is  incredibly smart, who jettisoned Dak into a giant payday. 

He’s so great he’s on his 3rd team at 27. Obviously being so great you fine away to keep the next Jerry Rice on your team right? - Good luck to the Browns. 

On 3/13/2022 at 12:46 PM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

He had 984 yards in 14 games in his last season with a competent QB. Looks like the miracle already occurred. 

If you want to move the goal post and say that he cannot stay healthy, we can have that conversation as well. 

No, he is junk.  Will be cut this time next year.

On 3/13/2022 at 12:38 PM, sec101row23 said:

Every year the whole “who’s going to be the #1 receiver” thing comes up, and every year we have to mention how overblown the notion is.    It’s far more important to have a diverse complimentary receiver group.   It’s about roles and differing physical traits.   You need your contested catch and red zone guys, your speed guys and your slot types.   Game plan and how a team defends you dictates who’s the first second or third options are for that day.   

Nobody is watching tape of the NY Jets and thinking we got to stop Corey Davis.  You need a guy or guys who create mismatches and teams have to game plan for.  Corey Davis isn't one of them.  Moore might be if he can stay healthy.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

He’s so great he’s on his 3rd team at 27. Obviously being so great you fine away to keep the next Jerry Rice on your team right? - Good luck to the Browns. 

He's not great, he's underachieved.  He's also a very good NFL WR better than anyone on our team.  On a young team it may well be Douglas didn't want to bring in another underachiever even if he was a major upgrade.  

Dallas had a very good O last year and even if you don't like Dak, he's a great leader and a top 10 NFL QB.  Cooper on a team that needed him to excel disappeared for long stretches and frankly looked like he didn't give a crap.   

Cooper is an a plus talent.  He doesn't play balls out.  If the Jets were good and had a good veteran  group I would be all in.  I'm okay with not going all in on Cooper.  

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...