Amari Cooper traded to Browns

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Haha, Browns have done everything to help Mayfield. Jets do not. FU Joe Douglas FU. 

Wait so drafting Becton, AVT, Moore, and Carter signing Davis and Cole was nothing? Not to mention FA and the draft haven't even happened yet

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Is he even on the block?  I have heard only that DK Metcalf is NOT on the block.  Why the hand wringing and wishful thinking for a player that is under contract with another team?  And if he were to go on the block, does anyone really see Seattle trading him to the Jets after the Adams trade?  This is real life, not the Draft Day movie or some Madden game.  

INDIANAPOLIS - Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll clearly stated on Wednesday his intention that Russell Wilson will continue to be the team's quarterback this season. 

"We have no intention of making any move there," Carroll said during a meeting with reporters at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis.

They just traded Russell Wilson. I'd say they're in rebuild mode and anyone and everyone is on the block.

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I promise you coop is better then anything JD will bring in here. Watch 

If Coop was such a great player why didn't other teams offer even a 4th round pick for him? 

We had fans coming in here asking for the Jets to give up a 2nd for Coop a few days ago. Turns out fans don't always understand player values. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

so most of you now want once again to give out huge contracts to players like TJ , Mosley , Bell , players who dont want to play for the Jets and are just coming for the big pay check?

no one here learned the lesson ? how did that turned out for the Jets in the past?

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, derp said:

I still don’t think they’re in borrow from next year to improve this year mode, and frankly I don’t think they should be unless they’re at the level of a playoff team. The teams who we see doing that - KC, Dallas, Green Bay - are legit contenders. Then there’s teams like New Orleans who were and are paying for it now.

I think that’s the kind of move you make to extend your window of being competitive, not open it.

And I get the impact on Wilson’s development, which I think is the argument you can make for maxing out a little more this year. We’ll see how that evolves.

Borrow from next year is a point of view. If they purposely front-loaded a contract without the need to do so, then in effect they’re borrowing from this year to pay next year. 

There’s a big difference between a balance and having 9 high-priced starters and structuring or restructuring all of them to have 1-2 years with artificially low cap hits before they quadruple a year later. 

What are they going to do with $100MM next year? Keep Mosley at $17MM plus sign 4 more $20MM free agents? Better to spend to get the players you want than force-feed contracts in a future year because you’ve saved up so much you pretty much have to spend it whether you like that FA crop as much or not. 

A team with this many starters under their rookie contracts for 2-3 more seasons doesn’t need to fear what you’re talking about, and doing so with a player here or there isn’t nearly the same as what the Cowboys do. 

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

My money is on Moore outproducing Cooper in 2022.  Players on the roster count for your statement.  

No, my statement is that Cooper is better then anything that JD will bring in here. Has nothing to do with the first round pick WR who slipped to the second round. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, oatmeal said:

If I’m over the GM and coach where would I be going? ?

Maybe a trip to Florham Park to burn it down? ?

or hire a hitman maybe? Idk ?‍♂️ 

you were also probably calling for the Jets to sign Mosley , Trumaine Johnson and Bell

how did that worked out for the Jets?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

Just here to say Joe Douglas is a clown for not giving up better than a 5th and 6th rounder for Amari Cooper!  Absolute insanity we chose not to beat that!

To me this is a classic nfl move where most fans will be like “OMG what a steal”

Cooper is good but best days behind him. 

I’d like a see how much the contract extension is before passing judgment.

4 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

No, my statement is that Cooper is better then anything that JD will bring in here. Has nothing to do with the first round pick WR who slipped to the second round. 

But Moore may be the reason the Jets didn't go after Cooper.  In fact, I think it is. People (like you) act like the Jets don't have a top WR, but he is already on the roster.  And they have a very capable #2 in Davis, despite last year's issues.  If the Jets draft a WR and fill in the 4-5 spot with a Berrios or some other free agent WR, the WR corps is just fine.  

Just now, fusionCA said:

you were also probably calling for the Jets to sign Mosley , Trumaine Johnson and Bell

how did that worked out for the Jets?

I don’t even think I was on this website when the Jets were going after Mosley. Nice try though.

And comparing coop to Trumaine is comical ??????

I’m suprised some people are getting so upset over this. Time after time they said they wanted to build thru the draft. Trading for a average-below average #1 20 mil wr is not building thru the draft. What’s that like 8% of the cap on one player who isn’t even elite? 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

He drafted Moore last season. What are you talking about????  I don't understand the rules of the ridiculous game you are playing. 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I don’t even think I was on this website when the Jets were going after Mosley. Nice try though.

And comparing coop to Trumaine is comical ??????

you dont need to be on the website to have an opinion about signing players

if Cooper is that good why did 2 teams got rid of him?

you think Cooper want to play for the Jets? why would he? 

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

But Moore may be the reason the Jets didn't go after Cooper.  In fact, I think it is. People (like you) act like the Jets don't have a top WR, but he is already on the roster.  And they have a very capable #2 in Davis, despite last year's issues.  If the Jets draft a WR and fill in the 4-5 spot with a Berrios or some other free agent WR, the WR corps is just fine.  

We don’t have a top WR, respectfully WTF are you talking about??? Please name the top WR on our roster already, I’ll wait…

Jet fans are so comical, one thing y’all know how to do is crown complete jags, that’s one thing that’s always been consistent here 

3 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

I’m suprised some people are getting so upset over this. Time after time they said they wanted to build thru the draft. Trading for a average-below average#1 wr 20 mil wr is not building thru the draft. What’s that like 8% of the cap on one player who isn’t even elite? 

Making sense is frowned upon around here.  Be careful.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

We don’t have a top WR, respectfully WTF are you talking about??? Please name the top WR on our roster already, I’ll wait…

Jet fans are so comical, one thing y’all know how to do is crown complete jags, that’s one thing that’s always been consistent here 

you mean complete jag like Cooper who 2 teams got rid of him and could only bring a 5th round pick?

if Cooper was a top WR he would bring a much better pick 

4 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

But he wanted Perriman and Davis. Watch Cooper do well for the Browns. I know that I am in the minority, but I am really starting to hate JD.

Hasn’t the past 20 years taught you anything? Mac loved overpaying guys. Let’s go back to that. Those were some great times JD taking flyers on guys with no long term ramifications is the way to go while he was building a foundation 

• Upvote 1