Joe being joe

kmnj

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Must have more Mims!

Rams building quickly thru FA, trades and buffing their Lombardi trophy.

People think that but in reality that is sort of complete horsesh*te. The Rams were one of the only teams EVER successful at that strategy and that did that mostly because they drafted the best defensive player in football and the most disruptive AND the best WR in football. If any NFL team is able to do that they will be competitive in almost any strategy. 

The strategy people should be looking at is the Bengals model of drafting a FQB and then continuously building around him. Anyone know of a team that drafted a potential FQB last year and has the capital to follow the same model.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

After more than 50 years without a championship I don't think you'd hear too many complaints if the Jets "bought" a Super Bowl through big FA spending for one season and then had to rebuild for 3 or 4 years after that.... partially because we've already been doing the 3-4 year rebuilds about 10 times in a row but without the trophy part.

And like I said that strategy has worked pretty much exactly once and the team it worked on drafted 2 of the Top 10 players in the entire NFL. It is a strategy that just does not work and cripples teams futures. Building through the draft is the correct way to build a team. Just because we failed before does not mean the strategy or plan was wrong

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I'm predicting 2-4 wins this season, 1-3 the following.   JD fired after this year, Saleh the next.  Cheers.

If the team is on track for 4 ish wins, JD and Saleh have to go. We don't have to have a winning record, but that would be unacceptable on any level. I get that Saleh came in with not much, but they've got to markedly improve from last year (especially from the games where the defense looked like it had no idea how to defend). 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Who won the Super Bowl the year before the Rams and in what round did they Draft their QB?

Another team that in 2 years will be irrelevant for the next 15.  

Jet fans really are going to have no clue how to handle the sustained winning that is coming our way very shortly.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Joe was Adam gases personal gm choice. Stop forgetting that, take off the green goggles, and let’s play a game called grade the eagles drafts while joe Douglas was there running the show for them. Hint: they ******* suck, best player is literally Derek Barnett. Who’s available right now as a ufa and not a single one of us really want on this team. Sure let’s keep waiting and seeing, joes draft last year was probably better than his last 5 combined I’ll give him that… but I think it’s clear the overall picture for this team isn’t there. Too many good moves left on the table. Almost all his inherited cap space tied up in fant, McGovern, Lawson, and Davis so real upside moves can’t be made. All I can say is I hope and pray I’m wrong. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, nickfoshizal said:

Joe was Adam gases personal gm choice. Stop forgetting that, take off the green goggles, and let’s play a game called grade the eagles drafts while joe Douglas was there running the show for them. Hint: they ******* suck, best player is literally Derek Barnett. Who’s available right now as a ufa and not a single one of us really want on this team. Sure let’s keep waiting and seeing, joes draft last year was probably better than his last 5 combined I’ll give him that… but I think it’s clear the overall picture for this team isn’t there. Too many good moves left on the table. Almost all his inherited cap space tied up in fant, McGovern, Lawson, and Davis so real upside moves can’t be made. All I can say is I hope and pray I’m wrong. 

Joe wasnt the gm in Philly.  He didnt make the picks.  He didnt even have much influence his 1st draft here as Adam Gase was a tyrant and ran everything.

Joe D 1st true draft for us was last year.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, nickfoshizal said:

What's wrong with Derek Barnett?

57 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

As I remind you guys time and time again Joe is 6-27 and deserve lots of criticism. But going after him due to passing up on Amari Cooper is straight up laughable. Big Joe, I'll save me critique for another day lol. 

big joe.jpg

21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Another team that in 2 years will be irrelevant for the next 15. 

Joe, the Jets have paid the price with irrelevance for 50+ years.  I think a 15 year wait would be welcomed at this point. lol

21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jet fans really are going to have no clue how to handle the sustained winning that is coming our way very shortly.

No Jets fan born after Richard Nixon was President knows what a Lombardi trophy looks like.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jethead said:

What's wrong with Derek Barnett?

Not a lot he’s a good player and was good value where he was drafted, the problem is the dozens of other guys picked by joes teams over the last 5 years. Derek Barnett, Sidney Jones, and Bryce hall are essentially the best players his teams drafted until last year. Maybe Andre Dillard and mekhi can be thrown in that mix. I want to believe and there is some positive but the evidence is damning.

49 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

People think that but in reality that is sort of complete horsesh*te. The Rams were one of the only teams EVER successful at that strategy and that did that mostly because they drafted the best defensive player in football and the most disruptive AND the best WR in football. If any NFL team is able to do that they will be competitive in almost any strategy. 

The strategy people should be looking at is the Bengals model of drafting a FQB and then continuously building around him. Anyone know of a team that drafted a potential FQB last year and has the capital to follow the same model.

Rams traded away their first and second round picks for veterans but they also used their later round picks to find diamonds in the rough. They also cut bait on players that they knew were done (Trumaine Johnson) and collected compensatory picks.

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

2020- Adam Gases draft- C+
-if becton and ashyton davis ball out this year, can go up to a B+ when combined w/ hall who is a stud corner

2021- Joe Ds 1st real draft- A

-AVT, moore, MC, Echols, Zach etc.  Its widely agree he killed that draft.

The 2021 draft was the best draft the Jets have had since 2006. JD inherited a JV roster from Mac. He did the smart move and totally tore it down. We are now in the build up stage. 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Joe, the Jets have paid the price with irrelevance for 50+ years.  I think a 15 year wait would be welcomed at this point. lol

No Jets fan born after Richard Nixon was President knows what a Lombardi trophy looks like.

The last 50+ years have nothing to do with Robert Saleh and Joe Douglas.  This upcoming year is the last year of the rebuilding stage and in 2023 this is going to be a heck of a football team.  Stop fighting the plan the coach and GM laid out for you over a year ago and get onboard!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The last 50+ years have nothing to do with Robert Saleh and Joe Douglas.  This upcoming year is the last year of the rebuilding stage and in 2023 this is going to be a heck of a football team.  Stop fighting the plan the coach and GM laid out for you over a year ago and get onboard!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm onboard Joe!  Been on this boat for a while. lol

titanic night GIF

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, naturalscience said:

Do you know which donut shop?

I'm looking for a good one.

Dunkin sucks.

Duck donuts just isn't as good up here as in outer banks.

Hopefully he's got one that makes a good cup of coffee too.

Good one down here in NC, called Daily Donuts in Graham, NC.... Best donuts I've ever had... Light airy, and taste great.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:
6 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:
Good one down here in NC, called Daily Donuts in Graham, NC.... Best donuts I've ever had... Light airy, and taste great.

Krispy Cream is still solid

While I like Krispy better than Dunkin, neither holds a candle to Daily Donuts...

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Rob Moore said:

Pretty tough to sign free agents BEFORE FREE AGENCY BEGINS.

Normally I'd agree with this, but Joe has a history now of not spending the money.  

I can see him sitting another year out because he's a cheap ****. 

Now is the time to sign a bunch of guys to three year deals.  Those players will come off the cap when it's time to extend Wilson, AVT, and Moore.

SPEND THE MONEY JOE.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Normally I'd agree with this, but Joe has a history now of not spending the money.  

I can see him sitting another year out because he's a cheap ****. 

Now is the time to sign a bunch of guys to three year deals.  Those players will come off the cap when it's time to extend Wilson, AVT, and Moore.

SPEND THE MONEY JOE.

BINGO!

And if these grow with Zach guys are worth what we hope they are in a few years we can extend them and let the older guys go. Should be in line for comps picks and all because the core talent will still be here . Should also be a no brainer since all you hear is Joe Douglas gets a A for his 2021 draft. 

38 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

I really liked duck down in outer banks. They have em up here on the island now and it's just not the same. I guess its kinda like pizza outside of new york.

I'm sure there's some good boutique places near Manhattan but that's not haunt.

• Sympathy 1