It’s pretty clear WR in round 1

17 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Perfect.  Good here as well.  Who else?

yuu guys are ignoring the tea leaves 

tea leaves? Here's what the tea leaves are you telling you, friend:

• We haven't gotten through prodays, private workouts and interviews
  • The current WR draft class doesn't support your theory. Like, at all my dude. 
  • At #10, it would be reckless to assume you'll solve positional need by hoping a particular player will still be there - someone you, haven't even worked out yet. 
  • The weak draft class. Just want to make sure we got that one covered. Not great. 
  • #4? lol i'll cut off my reproductive organ with a butter knife if the Jets took a WR at 4 over the pass rushers/Olinemen available. I can PROMISE you the chances of that happening are nil

You could at least wait until after FA playing roulette

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I mean we showed little interest in Cooper, per sources and there really aren’t any #1s available unless a surprising trade happens.   I think it’s a bigger receiver like London to compliment the others.  Still have faith we resign Berrios.

It also looks like TE in round 2 after possibly the top targets all got franchised.  I still think we’ll grab a tier 2 free agent TE who is capable of starting, probably an experienced starting vet.

Honestly, this draft is weak on O. You may not like Cooper but London at this point should hope he becomes  as good. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

While training for the draft in Phoenix at the EXOS facility, Moore said he lowered his 40 time from 4.56 seconds to 4.35 at his pro day.

As of now, Wilson is faster at this point then Moore was.  Lets see what wilson runs while HIS coach has the stop watch in his hands at his pro day.

You’re jumping through some hoops to make 4.38 faster than 4.35.

…do you think Wilson didn’t train? Everyone trains and cuts their times. They both weighed in on the day they ran at 7 pounds less than they were listed during college. And pro scouts had the stop watch that had Moore at 4.35, not his coach.

• Upvote 1

I think we might go WR in round 1 if we can trade down (one or both of our top picks).  But I'm also pretty sure we aren't getting a true elite number 1, b/c there isn't one in this years draft.  So maybe its not going to happen until later rounds...

Look, we aren't going to fill every position out there.  Jets roster has way too many holes for a single offseason.  We can get a real WR1 in next years draft.

I do think we can probably get a good TE1 in later rounds, upgrade our line significantly and maybe pick up a reliable 3rd down back (also in later rounds) and that will be worth more than splurging on a guy like Garret Wilson who would be a good NFL starter but nothing more.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

tea leaves? Here's what the tea leaves are you telling you, friend:

• We haven't gotten through prodays, private workouts and interviews
  • The current WR draft class doesn't support your theory. Like, at all my dude. 
  • At #10, it would be asinine to think you're going to solve positional need by assuming a particular will still be there to draft, that you like in a weak class, and who by the way, haven't even worked him out yet. 
  • Nonsense. 
  • The weak draft class. Just want to make sure we got that one covered. Not great. 
  • #4? lol i'll cut off my reproductive organ with a butter knife if the Jets took a WR at 4 over the pass rushers/Olinemen available. I can PROMISE you the chances of that happening are nil

You could at least wait until after FA playing roullete

You seem sensitive.

#10, not 4.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Honestly, this draft is weak on O. You may not like Cooper but London at this point should hope he becomes  as good. 

I’m not saying I don’t like Cooper.  I’m actually a bit surprised the Jets didn’t show more interest.

You are right, London might not become as good but the round 2 Jet WRs like Mims, D Smith from Ohio State and all those before them are counterpoints to waiting to round 2.  Haven’t taken a first round WR since Santana Moss.

I like Moore who the Jets felt lucky was around at 33.  They had him #16 overall on their board and almost traded back into the first round to get him.

4 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

That’s just how I see it.  We have a fun bet.  I’ll be more than happy to admit I was wrong and donate to your charity.  But when Im right, I’ll remind you constantly ;)

Buddy. If Joe did what you’re suggesting, you won’t need to remind me lol.

we’ll see how FA plays out. 

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

My guess is...

OL

Edge

S

LB or TE

I’ve been supportive of JD.   But if they take either OL or safety before the third I’m done. He’ll officially be showing me he simply doesn’t understand this league.  Honesty I don’t think he will. He’s been pretty smart so far. 

I heard that most of the great TEs in the game today were drafted in the 3rd or 4th rounds and took a few seasons to come into their own. So if we want a top TE to help ZW now, we'll probably have to trade for one. And maybe use a 3rd/4th round pick on another TE and give him time to become great. I wouldn't mind trying to get that TE we traded to the Vikings last year back...can't remember his name, but he had a GREAT rookie season for us. Maybe now that he's been in the league a few years he can become 'that guy' for us now? 

I’m betting it’s not. Here’s the deal, I think much like Mike McCagnan was allergic to drafting OL, I think this FO thinks they can hit on a WR in later rounds like PIT for example. They can’t mind you, but I think they think they can and that’s how they’re going to proceed. I think we are going to have a damn near unwatchable team (again) and some story about growth and patience.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Post of the Week 1

There is no chance whatsoever that we draft a WR with 4 or 10. Maybe if Jamison Williams didn’t get hurt. But he did.

This WR draft is deep. Nothing elite at the top without questions. But deep after that. Skyy Moore. Alec Pierce. Christian Watson. Tyquan Thornton. That’s not an exhaustive list. 

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I’ve been supportive of JD.   But if they take either OL or safety before the third I’m done. He’ll officially be showing me he simply doesn’t understand this league.  Honesty I don’t think he will. He’s been pretty smart so far. 

You’d be upset with OL before Round 3?  Do we even know who is playing LT and RT in 2023?

8 hours ago, derp said:

You’re jumping through some hoops to make 4.38 faster than 4.35.

…do you think Wilson didn’t train? Everyone trains and cuts their times. They both weighed in on the day they ran at 7 pounds less than they were listed during college. And pro scouts had the stop watch that had Moore at 4.35, not his coach.

It’s amazing the nfl is still using stop watches for 40 times. A free lap cone system is not too expensive for the nfl. Buy a few of those. Or just hire a timing company. Even middle school track events have more legit timing systems. A freaking stop watch? Smh

Edit: I’m looking at combine pictures and see what looks like a lazor timing system. Is it confirmed that they use stop watches?

So because JD refused to give up picks and $20 million in cap space to a rapidly declining, injury prone receiver it means that he’s gonna spend a premium pick on a WR. Free Agency tampering period  starts tomorrow maybe after that some conclusions can be made but otherwise it’s just mental gymnastics. 

13 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I mean we showed little interest in Cooper, per sources and there really aren’t any #1s available unless a surprising trade happens.   I think it’s a bigger receiver like London to compliment the others.  Still have faith we resign Berrios.

It also looks like TE in round 2 after possibly the top targets all got franchised.  I still think we’ll grab a tier 2 free agent TE who is capable of starting, probably an experienced starting vet.

No No No No GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

So because JD refused to give up picks and $20 million in cap space to a rapidly declining, injury prone receiver it means that he’s gonna spend a premium pick on a WR. Free Agency tampering period  starts tomorrow maybe after that some conclusions can be made but otherwise it’s just mental gymnastics. 

It’s mental gymnastics to call coop “rapidly declining” and injury prone when he’s better than anything we had here in almost a decade…. Name a better player available please while you are at it..

Keep drinking that JD’s town koolaid  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

It’s a message board, 90 percent of the stuff on here is mental gymnastics.  Just like people saying it’s definitely edge in round 1.  No different than me saying it’s WR since we passed on the only #1 WR available on the market.  

I added a caveat unless a trade happens but to not even show interest tells me that they are looking toward the draft to grab a stud for the long term, something Wilson needs.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

It’s a message board, 90 percent of the stuff on here is mental gymnastics.  Just like people saying it’s definitely edge in round 1.  No different than me saying it’s WR since we passed on the only #1 WR available on the market.  

I added a caveat unless a trade happens but to not even show interest tells me that they are looking toward the draft to grab a stud for the long term, something Wilson needs.

its gonna be Edge or OL at pick 4. 

• Haha 1

WR should be the pick at #10, and the player should be Wilson.

I don't know if that is what JD will do, but it's what I think we should do.

Zach needs help if we want him to not bust.  Plain and simple IMO. 

It's not coming in FA for big $$ and it's not coming in FA on the cheap either.

Edge at #4 is fine by me, it's a major need and the best WR's are most in the 10-15 range, prospect wise, so fine.  Take an Edge at #4.

But #10 needs to be a WR.  And one of the 2nd's needs to be a TE.

My personal fear is that JD thinks he's already dealt with WR#1...with Davis, last year.  That JD think he'll be a fine #1 in 2022.  That is my fear.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Edge at #4 is fine by me, it's a major need and the best WR's are most in the 10-15 range, prospect wise, so fine.  Take an Edge at #4.
My personal fear is that JD thinks he's already dealt with WR#1...with Davis, last year.  That JD think he'll be a fine #1 in 2022.  That is my fear.
It's looking like edge, wr, ol, te to me.
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:
10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's looking like edge, wr, ol, te to me.

Works for me.

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If that's the case, we've got way bigger problems than who we are signing tomorrow. I don't see any way JD or Saleh see this. In fact, if we take a WR at #4 or #10, Davis becomes WR#3 on this team. I know, he's paid much higher than that, but in reality, that's who he is.