It’s pretty clear WR in round 1

I mean we showed little interest in Cooper, per sources and there really aren’t any #1s available unless a surprising trade happens.   I think it’s a bigger receiver like London to compliment the others.  Still have faith we resign Berrios.

It also looks like TE in round 2 after possibly the top targets all got franchised.  I still think we’ll grab a tier 2 free agent TE who is capable of starting, probably an experienced starting vet.

Just now, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I mean we showed little interest in Cooper, per sources and there really aren’t any #1s available unless a surprising trade happens.   I think it’s a bigger receiver like London to compliment the others.  Still have faith we resign Berrios.

It also looks like TE in round 2 after possibly the top targets all got franchised.  I still think we’ll grab a tier 2 TE who is capable of starting, probably an experienced starting vet.

Kinda sucks we have backed ourselves into a corner of HAVING to take a WR at 10. Imagine if a guy like Sauce is sitting there for us but we have to draft Drake London instead 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Elijah Moore was a better prospect than just about every WR in this upcoming class.  Maybe it's a push with Wilson or London.

There's almost zero chance JD uses the #10 on a WR that would have gone in Round 2 last year when there are infinitely more defenders worthy in this Draft.

I’ve been trying to make this point too, I’d argue Mims would’ve been the best guy in this draft coming out. You know JD loves his RAS scores look at the difference btwn Mims and Burks

0BA83E83-0559-47EE-BBFD-55EAFC5EA922.png

5AD6000D-0DFA-43B9-880B-99DFE7C1AF37.webp

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Elijah Moore was a better prospect than just about every WR in this upcoming class.  Maybe it's a push with Wilson or London.

There's almost zero chance JD uses the #10 on a WR that would have gone in Round 2 last year when there are infinitely more defenders worthy in this Draft.

Stop it.  Garrett Wilson is a much better prospect coming out then Elijah Moore.  This is crazy talk.

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 4
  • Haha 1

What team has a better QB position, not saying the Jets do, and have the money to pay the top end WR in free agency right now?  Is it possible the Jets go after an Allen Robinson, or Michael Gallup ,or JuJu, or even an OBJ in free agency?  People like to say why would you come to the Jets?  Well, what situations are better right now, again not saying Jets are a good situation?  

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I’ve been trying to make this point too, I’d argue Mims would’ve been the best guy in this draft coming out. You know JD loves his RAS scores look at the difference btwn Mims and Burks

I sure hope we don't go reaching too far just b/c we need a WR. Burks/London/Wilson/etc. might pass the eye tests as better than Moore or Mims, but now I'm nervous. Analytics mean something, just like the eye test means something. 

13 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I will bet you serious money that we draft a Wr in round 1.  Just for fun

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think that 10 pick will be a hot trade target and i can see the jets trading back, taking london or Olave, and then targeting their favorite TE as well.  

It is wishful thinking. Trading back would be awesome, meaning, probably not going to happen. But if a QB is not taken before 10, some team will be getting nervous and be willing to move up, maybe . . . 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, hawk said:

What team has a better QB position, not saying the Jets do, and have the money to pay the top end WR in free agency right now?  Is it possible the Jets go after an Allen Robinson, or Michael Gallup ,or JuJu, or even an OBJ in free agency?  People like to say why would you come to the Jets?  Well, what situations are better right now, again not saying Jets are a good situation?  

Possibly but none of these are #1 receivers unless you think the Jets are betting Elijah Moore is 1.  Jets need to develop a stud #1.

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Stop it.  Garrett Wilson is a much better prospect coming out then Elijah Moore.  This is crazy talk.

Pretty much all Wilson has on Moore is five pounds - they’re both light -  and a couple inches of height and arm length. Otherwise physically their speed and jumps were comparable and Moore blew Wilson away in the shuttle and had an outstanding three come.

Moore also had better raw and market share production in college and broke out at a younger age. 

At the very least they’re comparable as prospects.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hey man, you're entitled to your opinion but it is shared by very, very few others.  You're the one talking crazy...

“How early do you think the Jets should draft a receiver?”

While his eventual answer was that Douglas should target one in round three, four or five, Connor Hughes noted that he would trade for a veteran WR1 — rather than draft one.

“The Jets don’t need a player to grow with quarterback Zach Wilson,” Hughes wrote. “They have plenty of those already (Moore, Michael Carter, Alijah Vera-Tucker, Mekhi Becton, etc.). They need players who can help him right now. Adding a receiver who is already developed, already proven and already someone defenses need to worry about is of greater value than drafting someone who might eventually be that guy.”

He also added a worrisome disclaimer about the 2022 wide receiver class.

“You need to forget about the immediate production of Ja’Marr Chase, Justin Jefferson, Odell Beckham Jr. and others in recent years,” the beat reporter warned. “They are anomalies — not the norm. There are no prospects graded as highly as them in this year’s class (a source told me Elijah Moore would go top-10 if he were in this year’s draft), and most coaches will say wideouts commonly take two, maybe three years to reach their potential.”

• Upvote 3

Just now, derp said:

Pretty much all Wilson has on Moore is five pounds - they’re both light -  and a couple inches of height and arm length. Otherwise physically their speed and jumps were comparable and Moore blew Wilson away in the shuttle and had an outstanding three come.

Moore also had better raw and market share production in college and broke out at a younger age. 

At the very least they’re comparable as prospects.

I dont agree.  No matter what year moore came out, hed never be considered a top 10 pick like Wilson is.   

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I will bet you serious money that we draft a Wr in round 1.  Just for fun

Sure, I'd be open to a friendly wager to charity.  Those are always fun and you win even when you lose.  How about $50?

But to be clear, I'm saying the Jets don't take one at #4 or #10.  If they trade back a bunch and draft one in the late 20's or something then that would nullify the bet.  I simply don't see JD using a Top 10 pick on a WR who would have gone in Round 2 in last year's Draft when there will be so many better options on the board in the Top 10 at a variety of positions.

It's the same thing with QBs this year, man.  Not a single guy this year would have been taken before 5 QBs went off the board last year.  Heck, Davis Mills might have snuck into the end of Round 1 this year and he went in the 3rd last year.

Kinda sucks we have backed ourselves into a corner of HAVING to take a WR at 10. Imagine if a guy like Sauce is sitting there for us but we have to draft Drake London instead 

jets aren’t taking a cb in the top of the draft - if sauce ( or any other) cb is there at 10 jd will look to trade out or take a top offensive player - but i’d bet on trade out if opportunities are there

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I dont agree.  No matter what year moore came out, hed never be considered a top 10 pick like Wilson is.   

I mean, you’re welcome to that opinion but you didn’t actually refute anything in my post.

16 minutes ago, derp said:

I mean, you’re welcome to that opinion but you didn’t actually refute anything in my post.

Hes faster and 2 inches taller.  There is nothing to refute.  Teams were higher on a gadget player like Kadarius toney last year then they were on Elijah Moore.

Thats not a knock on Moore.  Hes great.  But he wasnt an elite prospect coming out like Wilson is.

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

It also looks like TE in round 2 after possibly the top targets all got franchised.  I still think we’ll grab a tier 2 free agent TE who is capable of starting, probably an experienced starting vet.

lol

Lets put money on it. 100$ to the charity of the winner's choice. barring a big trade back, there's no WR going in the top 10. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hes faster and 2 inches taller.  There is nothing to refute.  Teams were higher on a gadget player like Kadarius toney last year then they were on Elijah Moore.

Thats not a knock on Moore.  Hes great.  But he wasnt an elite prospect coming out like Wilson is.

He’s not faster. Moore ran a faster 40 and had a significantly better shuttle.

Wilson isn’t an elite prospect. Or frankly close to it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Hey man, you're entitled to your opinion but it is shared by very, very few others.  You're the one talking crazy...

and most coaches will say wideouts commonly take two, maybe three years to reach their potential.”

So because WRs get better, we shouldn't try to build a WR group through the draft? Some of  these "coaches" are stuck in the 90s. Last year alone:

Chase- 1400 yards

Waddle 1000 yards

Smith 916 yards

Amon Ra St Brown- 912 yards

Not to mention Pitts was over 1k Yards and Elijah had over 500 while only starting 6 games and playing in 11

WRs are far better equipped to play in the modern NFL that WRs were back "in the good old days"

Will these guys reach their potential AFTER their Rookie  year? I hope so. But that doesn't mean the smart way to build a WR group is by paying older WRs 20 million a year. 

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Sure, I'd be open to a friendly wager to charity.  Those are always fun and you win even when you lose.  How about $50?

But to be clear, I'm saying the Jets don't take one at #4 or #10.  If they trade back a bunch and draft one in the late 20's or something then that would nullify the bet.  I simply don't see JD using a Top 10 pick on a WR who would have gone in Round 2 in last year's Draft when there will be so many better options on the board in the Top 10 at a variety of positions.

It's the same thing with QBs this year, man.  Not a single guy this year would have been taken before 5 QBs went off the board last year.  Heck, Davis Mills might have snuck into the end of Round 1 this year and he went in the 3rd last year.

Cool, let’s do it.  #4 or #10

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, derp said:

He’s not faster. Moore ran a faster 40 and had a significantly better shuttle.

Wilson isn’t an elite prospect. Or frankly close to it.

While training for the draft in Phoenix at the EXOS facility, Moore said he lowered his 40 time from 4.56 seconds to 4.35 at his pro day.

As of now, Wilson is faster at this point then Moore was.  Lets see what wilson runs while HIS coach has the stop watch in his hands at his pro day.

7 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So because WRs get better, we shouldn't try to build a WR group through the draft? Some of  these "coaches" are stuck in the 90s. Last year alone:

Chase- 1400 yards

Waddle 1000 yards

Smith 916 yards

Amon Ra St Brown- 912 yards

Not to mention Pitts was over 1k Yards and Elijah had over 500 while only starting 6 games and playing in 11

WRs are far better equipped to play in the modern NFL that WRs were back "in the good old days"

Will these guys reach their potential AFTER their Rookie  year? I hope so. But that doesn't mean the smart way to build a WR group is by paying older WRs 20 million a year. 

This brings a tear to my eye.  Well said!