Imagine being upset about not giving up assets for a receiver that costs 20 mill per season

17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

That won't hack, but overpaying Cooper to underdeliver was never gonna be Joe Dougey thing to do. Cooper is a good NFL receiver but he's never delivered on his draft pedigree and has now been traded 2x. 

• Corey Davis
  • Elijah Moore
  • DJ Chark
  • Berrios
  • George Pickens

Tell me I'm wrong when i say that looks lit. (well, by Jet standards anyway)

If I had any faith that we would snag Chark or Pickens, I’d be sitting here perfectly calm my friend.

I think we’re going to be the morons to overpay Kirk or totally ignore significantly upgrading the position until the draft.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If I had any faith that we would snag Chark or Pickens, I’d be sitting here perfectly calm my friend.

I think we’re going to be the morons to over pay Kirk or totally ignore significantly upgrading the position until the draft.

We talked about this. STAY ON THE WAGON

21822_10152868523375866_2072130390309905822_n.jpg.545f7f0f6a104003da1625f28799ab9c.jpg

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

People are acting like Amari Cooper is Randy Moss. The 2022 league year hasn't even begun.

The biggest thing JD needs to do this offseason is surround Wilson with talent. If he fails at that task I'll be dumping on him too. Missing out on Cooper for $20mm/year on March 12th isn't the time to panic.

You can probably sign Allen Robinson for less or the same without giving up a draft pick if that's the caliber receiver you're looking for. 

What makes you think that Robinson would sign with the Jets after spending his career catching passes from horrible quarterbacks in Jacksonville and Chicago? Robinson will want to go to a team with a competent veteran quarterback.

We only get Robinson if we overpay for him.

2 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

What makes you think that Robinson would sign with the Jets after spending his career catching passes from horrible quarterbacks in Jacksonville and Chicago? Robinson will want to go to a team with a competent veteran quarterback.

We only get Robinson if we overpay for him.

That's kind of how free agency works.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Look at the second option I just edited in to the bet.

You give me $100 for every game under 8, I give you $100 for every game over 8.

Im not a gambler.  And its not a smart bet as Zach Wilson could get hurt in week 1 and then Im screwed.  Too many variables for that to be a smart bet on my part.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Look at the second option I just edited in to the bet.

You give me $100 for every game under 8, I give you $100 for every game over 8.

He’s not going to take that bet because he is a troll who doesn’t believe 95% of the sh*t he’s spewing.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Im a troll because I believe in this GM and HC.  You really pegged me.

SAR did the shame sh*t with Adam Gase.  There’s zero chance even he was stupid enough to believe what he was typing during that era.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Struggling to see which FA is giving us that production, but sure, yeah that would be as great as me winning the lottery.

I think there are guys that are capable. Regardless, I guess I just don’t share your “Santa didn’t get me what I wanted for Christmas” ire over the situation.

I never thought it’d happen.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I think there are guys that are capable. Regardless, I guess I just share your “Santa didn’t get me what I wanted for Christmas” ire over the situation.

Fair enough, lol.

I’m not even asking Santa for anything exorbitant, just functional on offense.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I think there are guys that are capable. Regardless, I guess I just don’t share your “Santa didn’t get me what I wanted for Christmas” ire over the situation.

Problem is that the guys who are capable are also going to have other suitors who have better teams, locations etc. I liked the Cooper trade for the simple reason it was a guarantee to get a vet with upside whos proven he can be successful. Only guy I’d be remotely interested in now is Chark and even that scares me coming off an ACL. We’ve been plagued by injuries for the last few years idk if I’m taking that gamble 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Im a troll because I believe in this GM and HC.  You really pegged me.

I can’t speak for @Mogglez but I don’t think you’re a troll.
You seem like a really good guy who stumbled onto a shtick people got a kick out of, and you went with it. 

At this point it’s a little played out though. It can still be fun, just save it for the right moments, don’t beat people over the head with it. That’s what I think he means when he says you’re trolling.

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I can’t speak for @Mogglez but I don’t think you’re a troll.
You seem like a really good guy who stumbled onto a shtick people got a kick out of, and you went with it. 

At this point it’s a little played out though. It can still be fun, just save it for the right moments, don’t beat people over the head with it. That’s what I think he means when he says you’re trolling.

Oh, I 150% believe that he is a troll.  An obnoxious one at that.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Joe Burrow walked onto the Bengals with a receiver in Tyler Boyd who had just put up this stat line:

90 1046 11.6 47 (long) 5

That would be the best WR season by a Jets WR since 2015.  Drafting Elijah Moore doesn’t excuse Joe Douglas’ inability to surround not one, but two, young QBs with capable talent at the WR position right now.  I have no faith in the man to replicate anything another successful team has done because he has given me no reason to believe that he knows how to do so.

If douglas doesn’t overthink this draft he will be fine.  I think he overthought the 2020 draft but not last year.  Last year he went after the guys he liked and many of them flashed.  

Favorite edge at 4, favorite wr at 10.  You do draft positions, not merely graded players.  If douglas doesn’t really upgrade the weapons and then moore is out and they’re fielding practice squad wrs and TEs again douglas should be fired.  He has the cap and draft capital resources to field a functional offense while also addressing the pass rush.  

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Oh, I 150% believe that he is a troll.  An obnoxious one at that.

Thats fine Mogglez.  I can take it.  But just be sure a year and a half from now when its December and we are battling the Bills for 1st place in the AFC, you credit me for being able to see the forrest for the trees.

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Fair enough, lol.

I’m not even asking Santa for anything exorbitant, just functional on offense.

Oh, I get it, I just don’t think Amari would have been the only solution. I’d be happy with a DJ Chark in FA, then a rookie WR in round 1-3, then a TE FA and a rookie TE in round 2-4.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Thats fine Mogglez.  I can take it.  But just be sure a year and a half from now when its December and we are battling the Bills for 1st place in the AFC, you credit me for being able to see the forrest for the trees.

That’s the whole point of your schtick though, isn’t it? You’re playing the contrarian, hoping by some miracle it works out that this fat, bald, clueless… ah, never mind.

• Upvote 1

The only reason that I believe JD wasn’t that interested in trading for Cooper is because similar to the draft, GMs have a free agent/trade acquisition big board and Cooper just wasn’t a priority, he likely has other options he wants to pursue.

Being that it’s so early in the off-season and Cooper’s cap hit is 20m I’m not upset that we didn’t get him but if we don’t follow through on acquiring a similar talent to upgrade at WR then I think we’ll all look back at this as a missed opportunity. We’ll see.

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Amari Cooper averages 74 rec/1,011 yards/7 TD's per year

He's only gotten more productive in Dallas and is still only 27 years old.

If that's mediocre production you are a tough grader. 

Davis was on pace for that with a rookie qb before he got hurt and tons of people here say he sucks. 

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

“Why trade for a proven commodity that can, at the very least, help Zach grow for a year or two, when you could, potentially, have the next Denzel Mims for the next 4-5 years?!”

Yeah the whole singing and trading for proven commodity has worked out really well for us the past decade.