Imagine being upset about not giving up assets for a receiver that costs 20 mill per season

18 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Yeah the whole singing and trading for proven commodity has worked out really well for us the past decade. 

The last time we traded for a high profile proven WR he put up the greatest single season ever for a Jets WR.

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think it's fair to be disappointed but I don't know how many of us believed he was a long term answer at $20m a year. I think it was more so we could add a good receiver that wouldn't have come here in FA. 

I still like Robinson or a rookie just as much.

I disagree. We have seen years of bad contracts and trades that have set us back a decade. What Jets fans want is like wanting a microwave dinner over a meal made from scratch. Microwave dinner gets the food done quicker, But isn't nearly as good or satisfying as making it from scratch. Making it from scratch is worth the wait and far more satisfying. 

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

That won't hack it, but overpaying Cooper to underdeliver was never gonna be Joe Dougey thing to do. Cooper is a good NFL receiver but he's never delivered on his draft pedigree and has now been traded 2x. 

• Corey Davis
  • Elijah Moore
  • DJ Chark
  • Berrios
  • George Pickens

Tell me I'm wrong when i say that looks lit. (well, by Jet standards anyway)

When are Jets getting Pickens? Guy is a 1st rd talent pretty sure rest of the nfl knows this. I like the 2 Ohio st receivers….crisp route runners, good hands…..may be a bit small.  Pickens is an NFL wideout who will be a steal if lasts till rd 2

25 minutes ago, Titan24 said:

When are Jets getting Pickens? Guy is a 1st rd talent pretty sure rest of the nfl knows this. I like the 2 Ohio st receivers….crisp route runners, good hands…..may be a bit small.  Pickens is an NFL wideout who will be a steal if lasts till rd 2

Well…. You’re talking to the guy who said Pickens ought to be the WR1 convo if not for the injury. So arguing with your take feels self defeating… but I don’t know if GMs will have as much conviction as we’re taking about. Rnd 3 is his floor presume. Ceiling… TBD

41 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

We made the playoffs? What happened the next season or any season after that?

We went 10-6 and became one of the few teams to finish with double digit wins and miss the playoffs.

Are you gonna seriously sit here with a straight face and say that the Brandon Marshall trade was a bad one?  If that’s what you’re going to do, I can go one year prior and bring up Decker.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I'm not one of those people who thinks Davis sucks. I think Davis is a quality player. He just doesn't have the track record of an Amari Cooper. 

He doesn’t have the overall yards as copper, but he was also targeted less. I’m not saying he’s been as good or anything, but Davis has had a better yards per catch and td/c over cooper for a few years running. If he had as many targets as cooper would they have have identical numbers? Maybe it’s impossible to project, but it’s not out of the question. 

4 hours ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

One thing about Jets fans, you guys love trading assets and overpaying for mediocre production. Cooper is overrated, Is invisible in big moments and throws Dak under the bus what do you think he's going to do on the Jets other than cost take $20 Million per season from JD? Save your "But what about Diggs and Josh Allen arguments" Cooper is not Diggs. The past 2 drafts alone have shown receivers are easy to find and cheap. I would much rather pay Oline CB Edge than pay $20 millon for 1 receiver. Everyone needs to settle down. 

imagine starting an entirely new thread because you think your thoughts are so awesome they can't be contained in the original thread about it

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

We went 10-6 and became one of the few teams to finish with double digit wins and miss the playoffs.

Are you gonna seriously sit here with a straight face and say that the Brandon Marshall trade was a bad one?  If that’s what you’re going to do, I can go one year prior and bring up Decker.

He put some great numbers but sure ad hell didn't amount to anything in the long run. We won 10 games cool, No playoff appearances to show for it doesn't impress me. Just gives people on forums some lame things to cling to as a brief glimmer of success. 

8 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

imagine starting an entirely new thread because you think your thoughts are so awesome they can't be contained in the original thread about it

Imagine commenting this 3 pages in. The first post just cluttered with people holding razor blades to their wrists in thier bathtub with candles lit. This is for people who aren't emotionally unstable miss me with that BS. 

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Imagine commenting this 3 pages in. The first post just cluttered with people holding razor blades to their wrists in thier bathtub with candles lit. This is for people who aren't emotionally unstable miss me with that BS. 

YOU making a thread for people who aren't emotionally unstable is a brilliant bit of self denial. That you have such an intense need for attention is, honestly, a little worrying. I hope you get the help you need. 

I apologize that I don't live on this forum looking for your threads. I know it's important to you and if I failed to give you attention you need and something happened to you, well, umm, it wouldn't really affect me at all. 

Joe D should have traded the 5th for Cooper and drafted Garret Wilson at 10. You can cut Corey Davis after this year and save another 9.9mil, while adding G Wilson on a rookie deal along with Moore who's on a rookie deal. Wilson, Davis, Cooper and Moore for 2022 is strong. Heading into 2023 you have G Wilson, Amari Cooper and Elijah Moore as your top3 WRS. How does this sound bad to anyone? Especially when Cooper has 2 team options that would have allowed NYJ to cut him at no penalty if he didn't work out?  

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

He doesn’t have the overall yards as copper, but he was also targeted less. I’m not saying he’s been as good or anything, but Davis has had a better yards per catch and td/c over cooper for a few years running. If he had as many targets as cooper would they have have identical numbers? Maybe it’s impossible to project, but it’s not out of the question. 

Davis has stunk every year except his walk year.

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

It’s was never about thinking that Amari Cooper would’ve been some dominant receiver that keeps defensive coordinators sh*tting their pants at night.

It was about providing our 2nd year QB with what is still arguably the best pure route runner in the league who still specializes in racking up yards after the catch, in an offense where route running skills and YAC ability is highly coveted.

I don’t give a rats hairy assh0le if trading a 5th round pick for Cooper and absorbing his cap hit would’ve “altered” the Jets FA plans. So go ahead and adapt. Wasn’t that the biggest reason that Saleh skipped out on the combine? We have the 2nd most cap space in the league with a plethora of draft picks in what is universally considered a weak draft class.

Both Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh are intrinsically tied to Zach Wilson. As far as he goes, they go. You don’t get to take a QB #2 overall and then skate by for multiple years if he doesn’t pan out. Drafting a QB that high is a monumental decision that carries franchise altering ramifications, whether he pans out or not.

Might as well do what you can to put him in the best possible position to succeed.

And Douglas has been Maccagnan level sh*t in this area so far.

Better make some headway, very soon.

In a jiffy pop…

This.

The argument to be patient was fair two years ago recovering from disastrous roster decisions with Gase @ the helm.

Hell even last year "we're young, we've got a rookie QB, rookie coaching staff, we're going to take our lumps but build assets for the future."

Well now, now we've got a second year QB and coaching staff in a crucial year to establish their credibility/viability. 

Now is not the time to go bargain shopping. I'm not asking for a sloppy, late-stage Tannenbaum-ing of the roster. I'm saying bring me one veteran, well-above-average skill position weapon on offense. Use picks or $ or both, IDGAF. 

Build the rest through the draft and the cliche bargain-basement Joe Douglas free agents. I'm cool with that. 

But don't tell me we're better in the long-run by signing this year's Keelan Cole after having let Berrios walk and then walking into the draft telegraphing our needs to the whole league during a weak skill-position-player draft class anyway.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

He put some great numbers but sure ad hell didn't amount to anything in the long run. We won 10 games cool, No playoff appearances to show for it doesn't impress me. Just gives people on forums some lame things to cling to as a brief glimmer of success. 

Joe Douglas is 6-27 as Jets GM after 2 off-seasons (2019 was not his roster).

Brandon Marshall was 15-16 in his two years here as a player.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Davis has stunk every year except his walk year.

False. 891 yards and 4 tds in 2018. His yards per catch has been going up every year. If he had 25 more catches like cooper usually gets he’d be at 1200 yards. Take the hate filled blinders off man 

Not acquiring Amari Cooper had ZERO to do with draft capital. JD wasn't taking Amari Cooper for free. You can be mad that JD didn't trade for Cooper, but don't delude yourself into thinking that a 5th round draft pick was the sticking point. 

This fan base is so hungry for wins that we overvalue what is available. Amari Cooper is a quality player, but he is no franchise saver. He didn't save the Raiders. He didn't save the Cowboys, and he certainly wasn't going to the be the reason why Zach Wilson succeeds. 

You win by extending YOUR players for $20 million a year, and not paying a two-time outcast $20 million. A repeat of the 2021 draft and this team will be in a position to be extending players in 4-5 years. We have too many holes to be filling them with one high priced, underperforming player. 

The reason many fans are upset losing out on Cooper is because their history of drafting WRs. The last WR drafted to have a 1000 yard season was Santana Moss almost 20 years ago. So don’t blame Jets fans who are a little jaded on the “build through the draft” philosophy when it hasn’t worked pretty much ever for this organization

1 hour ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Hypocrisy.

5 hours ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

One thing about Jets fans, you guys love trading assets and overpaying for mediocre production. Cooper is overrated, Is invisible in big moments and throws Dak under the bus what do you think he's going to do on the Jets other than cost take $20 Million per season from JD? Save your "But what about Diggs and Josh Allen arguments" Cooper is not Diggs. The past 2 drafts alone have shown receivers are easy to find and cheap. I would much rather pay Oline CB Edge than pay $20 millon for 1 receiver. Everyone needs to settle down. 

Imagine continuing to give the benefit of the doubt to the NFL team with the longest streak of missing the playoffs. 

55 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

False. 891 yards and 4 tds in 2018. His yards per catch has been going up every year. If he had 25 more catches like cooper usually gets he’d be at 1200 yards. Take the hate filled blinders off man 

The guy was a borderline first round bust. That’s why his option wasn’t picked up.

To use your line of reasoning, if Mims had 60 more catches he’d be at 1200 yards also. ? Take the green tinted glasses off man.