"Be patient, jets fans."

My only counter to this was they failed(it’s possible they didn’t even want) to get 1 guy so far.  They still have an entire off-season to make the roster significantly better. I thought Cooper would be a nice fit here, but I’m hardly irate they didn’t trade for him and his contract.  Hopefully they can fill several holes this off-season.  Spending 20 million on Cooper limits their ability to fill several holes.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 3

5 minutes ago, freestater said:

Truly, truly sick of hearing/reading those words. If you're still stubborn enough to continue sticking with this miserable excuse for a franchise like we all have, we've extended enough patience. Completely done with being told to be patient. Put up or shut up, Douglas. Pull your defense up from the bottom of the barrel, Saleh. 

The people preaching patience are the same people that grew up with their moms telling them they are going to be special one day. 

...one day. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Douglas better have something good up his sleeve.

You don’t get half a decade just to elevate a team to 6-8 win a year mediocrity.

The dude is going into Year 4 of his 6 year deal.

Building through the draft is a nice concept and all, but he better bring in at least two cornerstone pieces in FA.

At this point, unless the Jets land an Allen Robinson/Christian Kirk or make a big trade for a wideout…they’re going to be relying on Davis, Moore and probably some 2nd/3rd round rookie as Zach’s main trio at wideout. Unless Moore ascends to legitimate star status this season and stays healthy…that sh*t simply isn’t good enough.

Davis, Moore and Garrett Wilson is def good enough.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

My only counter to this was they failed(it’s possible they didn’t even want) to get 1 guy so far.  They still have an entire off-season to make the roster significantly better. I thought Cooper would be a nice fit here, but I’m hardly irate they didn’t trade for him and his contract.  Hopefully they can fill several holes this off-season.  Spending 20 million on Cooper limits their ability to fill several holes.

Its not the one guy. Its the constant media mantra around this team. Be patient, be patient... If we weren't, we would have abandoned this franchise years ago. We've been patient. It's time for the patience to pay off. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Davis, Moore and Garrett Wilson is def good enough.

1. Garrett Wilson may not even make it to #10 with the Calvin Ridley news

2. I doubt that Douglas would even draft him if he’s there

They’re probably going to spend on a big name interior OL and a safety in FA and then plug a few holes with middling guys with potential.

Our two Top 10 picks are damn near guaranteed to be spent on defenders. Which I wouldn’t have a big issue with if we succeeded in landing a legitimate #1 wideout beforehand.

Get ready for Davis, Moore and a rookie like Jahan Dotson as Zach’s top wideouts this year.

Meh

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, freestater said:

Its not the one guy. Its the constant media mantra around this team. Be patient, be patient... If we weren't, we would have abandoned this franchise years ago. We've been patient. It's time for the patience to pay off. 

You have been patient?  We just started year 2 of a ground up rebuild and we are about to win btwn 7-9 games next year.  And you are freaking out becasue were not overpaying for a receiver who is getting shipped from team to team like hes a leper.

Thats you being patient?  HAHAHAHAHAHA

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You have been patient?  We just started year 2 of a ground up rebuild and we are about to win btwn 7-9 games next year.  And you are freaking out becasue were not overpaying for a receiver who is getting shipped from team to team like hes a leper.

Thats you being patient?  HAHAHAHAHAHA

It's going to be glorious when we,

-Miss out on Trey McBride by 1 pick

-Win 5 games next season

-Break NFL records for least receiving yards

-and begin year 4 of Joe Douglas' rebuild. 

Cant wait to read your reaction. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

It's going to be glorious when we,

-Miss out on Trey McBride by 1 pick

-Win 5 games next season

-Break NFL records for least receiving yards

-and begin year 4 of Joe Douglas' rebuild. 

Cant wait to read your reaction. 

If we fall apart next year and Joe D misses out on WRs and TEs in this draft, I will be critical.  Im not pumping up Joe D for no reason.  I like what hes done so far and the direction we are going.  But if he starts screwing up, Ill be the first to question him.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If we fall apart next year and Joe D misses out on WRs and TEs in this draft, I will be critical.  Im not pumping up Joe D for no reason.  I like what hes done so far and the direction we are going.  But if he starts screwing up, Ill be the first to question him.

First to question him?

There are plenty questioning him right now.

I’m not a Douglas hater and overall, I agree with his philosophy of how a team should be built (invest in the trenches, make the draft your main source of improving the team, etc).

But it hasn’t been good enough and he’s headed into Year 4.

We just drafted a promising young QB #2 overall, the highest we’ve drafted a QB since Namath bordering on 60 years ago.

And it’s looking like his top wideouts heading into Year 2 are going to be two guys who finished 2021 on IR and some rookie taken in the 2nd or 3rd round.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

He’s obviously younger than I am.  My mother use to tell me “to get my sh*t together or I won’t need to worry about growing up.” 

In the 70s a bully made me run inside. Mom turned me around by my shoulders and told me to go face him and stayed inside and out of it. 

we met in the middle of the road and went toe to toe western style. 

I didn’t win, but I went toe to toe with him. 

thats a right of passage kids don’t get much of anymore. 

• Upvote 2