"Be patient, jets fans."

Joe Douglas signed a 6 year deal for this very reason. He's not trading draft picks for overrated, overpaid receivers. He's not going to go give out Leveon Bell contracts in Free Agency or trade away his picks. He's our first GM that's not going panic or make desperate moves like the standard Jet fan would like and that's why we are lucky to have him. We are finally being built right - Enjoy the ride. 

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You have been patient?  We just started year 2 of a ground up rebuild and we are about to win btwn 7-9 games next year.  And you are freaking out becasue were not overpaying for a receiver who is getting shipped from team to team like hes a leper.

Thats you being patient?  HAHAHAHAHAHA

All these ridiculous predictions of yours are going to haunt you. 

I promise. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

48 minutes ago, Larz said:

In the 70s a bully made me run inside. Mom turned me around by my shoulders and told me to go face him and stayed inside and out of it. 

we met in the middle of the road and went toe to toe western style. 

I didn’t win, but I went toe to toe with him. 

thats a right of passage kids don’t get much of anymore. 

So not much younger than me. 

25 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Joe Douglas signed a 6 year deal for this very reason. He's not trading draft picks for overrated, overpaid receivers. He's not going to go give out Leveon Bell contracts in Free Agency or trade away his picks. He's our first GM that's not going panic or make desperate moves like the standard Jet fan would like and that's why we are lucky to have him. We are finally being built right - Enjoy the ride. 

I know, right? 

You need to give a GM four years before you can even begin to judge him!

Take it slow and, just like you said, "Enjoy the ride!"

Watch the World's Largest Aircraft Crash In Painful Slow Motion

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

He’s obviously younger than I am.  My mother use to tell me “to get my sh*t together or I won’t need to worry about growing up.” 

Mine called me a faggot and threw my belongings on the lawn. Regularly.

Pretty sure he was just virtue signaling to make sure we all know he doesn’t like snowflakes, which is in itself very snowflakey.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I don't know why cooper is what seems to be the straw that has sent people over the edge when there's so much more real and tangible stuff to be upset about this current regime for..

Don't worry, the meltdown hasn't even begun. Wait until next week. And then wait until the draft. And then wait until ZW throws his first interception.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, freestater said:

Truly, truly sick of hearing/reading those words. If you're still stubborn enough to continue sticking with this miserable excuse for a franchise like we all have, we've extended enough patience. Completely done with being told to be patient. Put up or shut up, Douglas. Pull your defense up from the bottom of the barrel, Saleh. 

That quote is from 1973?

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

The deathnell decision fir this franchise fir the past 25 year was sticking with defensive minded head coaches when the pendulum had clearly swung so far in favor of offense.

Now we are where we are.

And when they do go offense, they pick Gase. lmfao

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I agree .. who knew we were the luckiest generation ??? Led Zeppelin, Star Wars, Atari 2600, Obrien/ Marino shootouts, Van Halen, Animal House... no PC bullsh*t

We actually had comedians! and we let them tell jokes !

I actually saw Rodney dangerfield at jones beach around 1988 lol

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

Some of you are finally starting to realilze that the emperor has no clothes when it comes to Douglas. Look, I was as excited as any of you when he was hired. I read all the articles about how he learned under Ozzie and Roseman and had a great reputation around league circles. I drank the kool aid. 

Here we are 3 years later. 3 consecutive losing seasons. 

This was the year for the Jets to use the trade market to their advantage given their surplus of draft picks and cap space. The 1st round draft picks are less valuable than normal because the top of the draft is weak this year. I hate to break it to you, but no free agent is dying to come to the Jets and play for arguably the worst team in the AFC. In order for the Jets to grab a difference maker in free agency (and its not a great free agent class either), they are going to have to severely overpay like they did with Mosely. 

Cooper is not Jerry Rice, but he is a good WR and route runner who went for peanuts. He has a high salalry, but the Jets have a ton of cap space. 

Prepare yourselves for another mediocre free agency period and a sub .500 season. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

Some of you are finally starting to realilze that the emperor has no clothes when it comes to Douglas. Look, I was as excited as any of you when he was hired. I read all the articles about how he learned under Ozzie and Roseman and had a great reputation around league circles. I drank the kool aid. 

Here we are 3 years later. 3 consecutive losing seasons. 

This was the year for the Jets to use the trade market to their advantage given their surplus of draft picks and cap space. The 1st round draft picks are less valuable than normal because the top of the draft is week this year. I hate to break it to you, but no free agent is dying to come to the Jets and play for arguably the worst team in the AFC. In order for the Jets to grab a difference maker in free agency (and its not a great free agent class either), they are going to have to severely overpay like they did with Mosely. 

Cooper is not Jerry Rice, but he is a good WR and route runner who went for peanuts. He has a high salalry, but the Jets have a ton of cap space. 

Prepare yourselves for another mediocre free agency period and a sub .500 season. 

Cordarelle Patterson, bud.

That’s who we’ll get 

Cordarelle Patterson and maybe a flashy interior OL like Scherff. That’s the best we can realistically hope for.

Thank you, Joe Douglas. Thank you…

And we’ll pretend like this sh*t is going to magically move the needle…

Praise be…

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Cordarelle Patterson, bud.

That’s who we’ll get 

Cordarelle Patterson and maybe a flashy interior OL like Scherff. That’s the best we can realistically hope for.

Thank you, Joe Douglas. Thank you…

And we’ll pretend like this sh*t is going to magically move the needle…

Praise be…

Absolutely. It will be followed by threads arguing Patterson is better than Deebo Samuel, Scherff is a borderline hall of famer, Elijah Moore was PFF's highest rated rookie WR in the second half of games played outside the eastern time zone, etc. 

Why aren't more of you sick of this sh!t?

• Upvote 4

This team will go nowhere unless Zach Wilson succeeds. 

Just as the Bills placed an emphasis of helping Josh Allen get from 10 TDs tossed to him throwing 20 TDs in his 2nd season.  I was hoping JD-Saleh realized their primary focus for 2022 should be to get ZW from his 9 TDs rookie season to 20+TDs in year two. 

Bills traded up to get Allen.  And then were proactive in getting him up to speed.   Jets chose ZW with the 2nd pick of the draft.  After struggling as a rookie...doesn't he deserve the same as what Bills did?  With all the draft capital and a healthy CAP situation...I don't see...or feel...Jets are going to focus on ZW as Bills did for Allen.  Just looks like a touch up for the OL and a 2nd tier WR.  Then draft one maybe in round 2-4.

Again...if ZW can't ascend into a FQB.  Then all the rest of the fixing JD-Saleh think should be prioritized...won't get the Jets a AFCE title.  Nor multiple playoff appearances.  Definitely no Lombardi Trophy.

So...get your foodies...sit in front of the TV...watch other teams in the playoffs...and the two teams not named the NYJ...slug it out in the Supe. 

Enjoy. 

3 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Knowing the Jets, they got offset language in there 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

While not Jerry Rice, he is the best route runner in the NFL. Dak averaged around 200 yards per game passing before Cooper. Dak averaged around 300 yards per game while Cooper was there. Dak's giant contract was due in large part to Cooper. 

Amari Cooper on the Art of the Release & Route Running | NFL Film Session - YouTube

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Larz said:

In the 70s a bully made me run inside. Mom turned me around by my shoulders and told me to go face him and stayed inside and out of it. 

we met in the middle of the road and went toe to toe western style. 

I didn’t win, but I went toe to toe with him. 

thats a right of passage kids don’t get much of anymore. 

Oh yes the same here in jolly olde England, my Dad was a coal miner and I was dragged up in a tough working class town. Getting your ass kicked was part of every day life.

Truly, truly sick of hearing/reading those words. If you're still stubborn enough to continue sticking with this miserable excuse for a franchise like we all have, we've extended enough patience. Completely done with being told to be patient. Put up or shut up, Douglas. Pull your defense up from the bottom of the barrel, Saleh. 

time to find another team to follow and root for cause you’re no fan of the jets

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, freestater said:

7f41e90a02bf29a94cedf62806e616ee.jpg

• Haha 1