Jets’ Joe Douglas unlikely to chase big-money free agents right away

55 minutes ago, slats said:

I don’t want the Jets to spend to the top of the cap. I want them to continue to be fiscally responsible unless/until Zach takes a major step forward and starts looking like a franchise QB. Then they can spend like a horny drunken sailor with a coke problem. This year, keep some cash in reserve and maybe make that trade that nets you a 2023 first rounder. Pushing it forward until the QB situation is solid seems wise to me. 

So Wilson must elevate surrounded by complete  jags and rookies…..  makes sense ? 

18 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

So Wilson must elevate surrounded by complete  jags and rookies…..  makes sense ? 

Last I looked, free agency hadn’t even started yet. I’m okay in the meantime with not trading for a $20M Amari Cooper. But I’ve learned over the years that I’m incapable of stopping other Jet fans from jumping out windows, so it’s all good. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, slats said:

Last I looked, free agency hadn’t even started yet. I’m okay in the meantime with not trading for a $20M Amari Cooper. But I’ve learned over the years that I’m incapable of stopping other Jet fans from jumping out windows, so it’s all good. 

Lmaoooo yeah I know crazy jet fans always jumping out the window when we have won 6 SB in the past 20 years.

Smfh stupid irrational jet fans 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Lmaoooo yeah I know crazy jet fans always jumping out the window when we have won 6 SB in the past 20 years.

Smfh stupid irrational jet fans 

Freaking out before the legal tampering period even gets started does, indeed, seem both stupid and irrational, yes. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, slats said:

Freaking out before the legal tampering period even gets started does, indeed, seem both stupid and irrational, yes. 

Lmaoo “legal tampering period”

last time I checked deals are / were being made for weeks now, maybe JD is waiting to do everything by the book then? ????

2 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Bad take. 

Took a last place team all the way to last place.  Drafting top 5 again.  Wilson by all metrics for rookie QBs, including the ones that are in “ bad situations “ is trending to bust. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

I think the Jets need to start spending to the cap to put the best team they can on the field.  

Unfortunately, the roster is so bad that they need more cheaper, one-year prove it deals.  

To build a long-term foundation, signing a player like Marcus Williams for big money for multiple-years is a good idea.   Locking down the RG with someone for 2 years until a draft pick can assume the role can also work.  

If they assume they are going to draft Sauce and G Wilson rd 1, I would then sign Berrios, a RG, a veteran TE like Ertz, and maybe even Campbell LB.   If they like an EDGE at 4, the sign Carlton Davis instead.  

I think JD has to stop playing the value game in a vacuum, and instead build a roster.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, SR24 said:

They're putting this narrative out now because they can't attract top tier free agents 

Neither could CIN or BUF but look at them now. The Jets didn't have a problem attracting FAs back in 2010 when they were good.