So .. after the trade flurry ... and abundance of moves by Joe D.

Dunnie

What do think happens next week and at the draft ?

Free Agency ... I see us acquiring second tier depth.

Draft ... can you imagine a draft where the Jets go ... DE, WR, TE, OL ???

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Allen Robinson II, better, or JD doesn’t stop hearing about Cooper until the season starts at the soonest.  

Can’t help but think Robinson will be on a one year prove it deal with a contender similar to OBJ.
I’d love him as a jet but I have trouble seeing him go to our situation unless we break the bank. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

Can’t help but think Robinson will be on a one year prove it deal with a contender similar to OBJ.
I’d love him as a jet but I have trouble seeing him go to our situation unless we break the bank. 

Well if he gets offered a one year prove it deal by a vet he would turn it down for a multi year offer with more guaranteed money.

At this point I hope the Jets sign him. He had no QB last year, he disappeared. He would fit in here nicely. Give him a 3 or 4 year deal that lets you walk after 2.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Well if he gets offered a one year prove it deal by a vet he would turn it down for a multi year offer with more guaranteed money.

At this point I hope the Jets sign him. He had no QB last year, he disappeared. He would fit in here nicely. Give him a 3 or 4 year deal that lets you walk after 2.

Played with bortles, trubisky, and fields. I just don’t see him going to a guy who completed 55% of his passes last year.

If he is all about the money, hey, maybe he signs. But it’s gonna have to be a heck of a lot of money… like an astronomical amount. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

Played with bortles, trubisky, and fields. I just don’t see him going to a guy who completed 55% of his passes last year.

If he is all about the money, hey, maybe he signs. But it’s gonna have to be a heck of a lot of money… like an astronomical amount. 

Well Odell's partial year prove it deal with the Rams was for 1.25mm.  So prove it deals aren't that hard to beat which is why I don't think he takes one. He is in his late 20s, so he is going where the most guaranteed money is.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

56 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Zadarius Smith and Austin Corbett will be their biggest signings of I had to guess 

Corbett I would be excited about but I don't see them pursuing Zadarius Smith.

A lot of people setting themselves up for disappointment.

Jets won’t be signing many tier one players if any. No one wants to come here unless we pay the Jets tax. Secondly, we don’t have that much money to spend.

I think we will clear more with some obvious cuts, but unless Woody starts leaning on JD I see mostly stop gap signings.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GangGreen Machine said:

He's too old to sign a prove-it deal. If he proves-it then he'll be a 30 year-old UFA so his dollars won't get back up there as much anyway. Not too old to sign, but he won't get >2 seasons guaranteed at signing at that age. 

That same thing could be accomplished with incentives, but more likely he'll be able to find a team to ante up. If the difference is made up via incentives for 1000 yards, and still more for 1200 yards, or however-many catches/TDs, for sure he's not going to sign with a team like the Jets. He'd sign a deal with some incentives from someone like Vegas. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

A lot of people setting themselves up for disappointment.

Jets won’t be signing many tier one players if any. No one wants to come here unless we pay the Jets tax. Secondly, we don’t have that much money to spend.

I think we will clear more with some obvious cuts, but unless Woody starts leaning on JD I see mostly stop gap signings.

They have plenty of money to spend. There's no reward for saving it all for 2023 and leaving the team wondering if - even in seeing improvement but not as much as they'd wished for - it was Wilson or if it was that the cast around him needs another year together plus another piece or two. 

The Jets are adhering to a strict diet no other teams do, which is to front-load their contracts unnecessarily. Never mind they're doing it while adding so many higher-pick players on rookie contracts from 2021-22. They need another $20MM more this year than next year, when they'll be able to see what positions were filled with all those high picks, rather than this March when they don't know yet. 

• Upvote 1

Sign Laken Tomlinson to shore up RG
sign Marcus Williams to play along Ashtyn Davis/Joyner 
sign a Worthy FA tight end 
sign a veteran CB who can help with this young CB room.  
Resign berrios to be your 4th receiver and returner 
draft an edge, LB, TE, WR with the first four picks in no particular order. 

makes sense except at te where there are no free agents that make sense - gotta be the draft otherwise correct

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

9 hours ago, GangGreen Machine said:

Sign Laken Tomlinson to shore up RG

sign Marcus Williams to play along Ashtyn Davis/Joyner 

sign a Worthy FA tight end 

sign a veteran CB who can help with this young CB room.  

Resign berrios to be your 4th receiver and returner 

draft an edge, LB, TE, WR with the first four picks in no particular order. 

This is fine, but Berrios can’t be your 4th WR.  You need a 1.  Would be a travesty to have CC Davis as your #1 WR.   

6 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He's too old to sign a prove-it deal. If he proves-it then he'll be a 30 year-old UFA so his dollars won't get back up there as much anyway. Not too old to sign, but he won't get >2 seasons guaranteed at signing at that age. 

That same thing could be accomplished with incentives, but more likely he'll be able to find a team to ante up. If the difference is made up via incentives for 1000 yards, and still more for 1200 yards, or however-many catches/TDs, for sure he's not going to sign with a team like the Jets. He'd sign a deal with some incentives from someone like Vegas. 

You have me convinced now. Maybe he goes for a multi year contract, but I still can’t get over the fact that he has yet to have a legit QB throwing to him.
Not saying that can’t be ZW in the future but he may be win now mode. I see him going to the Raiders to replace Ruggs absence. 

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This is fine, but Berrios can’t be your 4th WR.  You need a 1.  Would be a travesty to have CC Davis as your #1 WR.   

I think this person is thinking we are taking a WR with one of our #1's.

S - Marcus Williams/Justin Reid

G - Laken Tomlinson/Austin Corbett

C - Bozeman/Jensen

DE - Zadarius Smith (1 year prove it deal, then decide on Smith or Lawson in 2023)

TE - OJ Howard

Draft: DE, CB, WR, TE, LB with our first 5 picks then go BPA

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

57 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I think this person is thinking we are taking a WR with one of our #1's.

Sure. But we have no idea who that player will be and will almost certainly take half a year at a minimum to settle in and play well.  
Imo. It’s too big a risk to count on anything from a rookie WR.  Bring in a vet like cooper while he learns. 

29 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Sure. But we have no idea who that player will be and will almost certainly take half a year at a minimum to settle in and play well.  
Imo. It’s too big a risk to count on anything from a rookie WR.  Bring in a vet like cooper while he learns. 

Yea that's my thinking as well. I'm secretly hoping Jameson Williams falls to 35