Jump to content

Are the Patriots destined to suck?


Bronx
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm not a believer in Mac Jones having high upside.  He looks like he can be mediocre to decent on the Pats.  If he went to a crap team, however, he'd probably be awful and quickly lose confidence.  My hunch is that he won't be the Patriots starter after next year.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It took  cheaters rebuild  8 games to finish 

They consistently get better as the season goes on every single year  

meanwhile our QB is running around like it’s madden and we’re picking 4th lol

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm not a believer in Mac Jones having high upside.  He looks like he can be mediocre to decent on the Pats.  If he went to a crap team, however, he'd probably be awful and quickly lose confidence.  My hunch is that he won't be the Patriots starter after next year.

While still a great coach - BB is going have to accept the fact that the primary reason for his championships was his QB - only then will he move on from Aunt Berniece.  

Might take more than a year - but I completely agree with your premise.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Larz said:

It took  cheaters rebuild  8 games to finish 

They consistently get better as the season goes on every single year  

meanwhile our QB is running around like it’s madden and we’re picking 4th lol

 

The cheaters also had 2 decades of success while the Jets didn't, which helps them in FA

They have one of the best coaches of all time

The Jets got better as the season went on

Belichick went on a spending spree like nobody had seen before

We're comparing apples and oranges here

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

My theory is that he’s attempting to watch a play without blinking because his psycho coach dad once told him about a coach that missed picking up something important because he blinked during a play.

 

My theory is that Belichick wanted to see his son look stupid so he invented a specially playcalling signal system and made him use it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They are in a pretty good spot cap/roster/youth wise going forward and will likely slightly improve over the next few seasons.  They won't be big spenders in FA this year (having done that last year). 

Their only problem is that they are likely going to have a DB problem (they've gone from the best db situation in the league to having a problem with JC Jacksons imminent departure and McCourty's potential retirement this year or the next.).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Bronx said:

Nice find by Cimini:

 

I could see a Miami like slide from 10-7 to 9-8 or even 8-9. 

Baltimore with a healthy Lamar will win more than 8 games.  Denver with Russell will win more than 7.  Chargers, Browns, Raiders and Bengals should still be in the mix.  Miami and New England look good, but whether coaching, personnel turnover or both will impact their W/L will be found out next year.  Steelers and Colts probably have the biggest questions marks without a legit QB.  However, they are still good teams otherwise.  The AFC is deep.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

I could see a Miami like slide from 10-7 to 9-8 or even 8-9. 

Baltimore with a healthy Lamar will win more than 8 games.  Denver with Russell will win more than 7.  Chargers, Browns, Raiders and Bengals should still be in the mix.  Miami and New England look good, but whether coaching, personnel turnover or both will impact their W/L will be found out next year.  Steelers and Colts probably have the biggest questions marks without a legit QB.  However, they are still good teams otherwise.  The AFC is deep.

 

 

AFC is extremely loaded. Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson, Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrow, Josh Allen -- and that doesn't even count the Derek Carr types or guys like Trevor Lawrence who could end up being good. It's going to be tough sledding for anyone without a top notch QB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With McDaniels and Brady gone one would expect NE to be a team on the decline but we'll see. I got the sense McDaniels was instrumental in Jones's decent performance. They are likely only as good as Jones each season. The AFC is deep with quality QBs and that's going to make it hard for teams floating in the middle to rise which is bad news for NE.

It's going to be rough for JD and Saleh to show improvement when playing so many strong offenses. As much as the team needs some weppinz on offense there will have to be a focus on building up the defense just to give the offense a chance. With our 2022 opponents and the current state of the roster winning seven or eight games seems out of the question without some leaps forward in execution. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/14/2022 at 12:33 PM, rex-n-effect said:

With McDaniels and Brady gone one would expect NE to be a team on the decline but we'll see. I got the sense McDaniels was instrumental in Jones's decent performance. They are likely only as good as Jones each season. The AFC is deep with quality QBs and that's going to make it hard for teams floating in the middle to rise which is bad news for NE.

It's going to be rough for JD and Saleh to show improvement when playing so many strong offenses. As much as the team needs some weppinz on offense there will have to be a focus on building up the defense just to give the offense a chance. With our 2022 opponents and the current state of the roster winning seven or eight games seems out of the question without some leaps forward in execution. 

The raiders will fire McDaniels within the next 2 years

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...