Plan B maybe, yay!

Bronx

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

He’s definitely better than Cole

With Cooper in Cleveland, we aren’t getting a legit #1 receiver outside of pulling off some kind of blockbuster deal for a guy like Metcalf (which isn’t happening).

Bringing in a guy like Gage and drafting someone like Watson, Burks or Dotson in the 2nd round is probably our best bet at this point.

Agree with that.

It's going to be a Gage, Chark type in FA.  And, hoping the Jets bring back Berrios.

But I'm with you, if the Jets do that in FA then I'd like to see WR in Round 2, not Round 1.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Pac said:

Russell Gage didn't flourish when the Ridley quit and the Falcons aren't interested in keeping him despite a need at WR.

This is who the target should be?

Go for Gallup and draft WR.  Gallup has never really been given a chance to be a focal part of an O.  Davis and Gallup with Moore in slot and drafting a WR in first 2 rounds sounds solid.

Gallup just re-signed with Dallas : https://www.nfl.com/news/michael-gallup-re-signs-with-cowboys-for-five-years-62-5m

5 years, $62.5m 

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

hmm...

Corey Davis, Elijah Moore, DJ Chark, Berrios and Christian Watson on the active roster?  I could probably get onboard with that.

Jeff Smith on the PS?

Mims traded to a team for a 3rd?

Fixed

this would be unbelievably awesome

I think Charks good but isn’t it kind of weird that Jacksonville’s letting him go?  They're in the exact same spot as us. Just seems weird they’d let him go when they don’t really have anything at WR 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, derp said:

Been calling this one for a couple days now. Gage is going to be reasonably priced, Douglas I’m sure has convinced himself Gage is ascending, and Gage separates at a high rate which is good for an offense that really struggled against man coverage last year.

Think it’ll be Gage, a fullback, a boring veteran TE, and a guard and with the fullback we don’t see as many WR’s on the field.

We usually don’t see the names the Jets target crop up early but this very much feels like the kind of stuff they’ve done.

Also believe Bourne on 3/$15M was the most productive free agent wide receiver last year.

Gage was on a 1300 yard pace the last 8 games of the season - five wide receivers topped 1300 yards over the course of the whole year. Of course we’ve seen this movie before and there’s nothing to say he will continue that kind of production elsewhere, but I think you could argue he quietly flourished with Ridley gone.

Fullback is about as exciting to talk about as signing punters, but I’d be thrilled if the Jets went after Ingold.

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Fullback is about as exciting to talk about as signing punters, but I’d be thrilled if the Jets went after Ingold.

Patrick Ricard, too. While we’re all clamoring for WR’s I could see them going heavy on the run game.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

JD was never going after top tier WR’s line Coop or Williams. Davis was injured most of the year and Zach was running for his life most of the time. Moore was also injured for many games.  And Mims. Ughhh. We can only hope they stay healthy and Mims wakes up from his coma. As far as signing one of these tier B WR’s, yea but that ain’t doing much. Would like to grab a sleeper like Christian Watson. He has the tools to be a difference maker. 

19 minutes ago, derp said:

Patrick Ricard, too. While we’re all clamoring for WR’s I could see them going heavy on the run game.

I mean, it makes sense.  While Carter was promising, the run game overall wasn’t good and that’s supposed to be the staple of the offense.  Lots of ways to help a QB.  Having a legit run game which then allows a legit PA pass game is certainly a way to do it.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Moore - 5'10"

Wilson - 6'

Berrios - 5'8"

Gage - 6'0"

and a 6'3" Davis that plays tiny and I've been told is best suited to be a slot guy....

This would be a disaster of a group of WR's...basically 5 slot receivers - along with their top RB Carter being 5' 8"

If we go into the season with this - JD should be fired before the first game....

The Jets should go Edge CB with 4, 10, and use their extra 2nd round pick to get back in the first for Jameson Williams and call it a day.  If he never gets hurt we would be begging for him to be there at 4 (he probably wouldn’t).

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

I think Charks good but isn’t it kind of weird that Jacksonville’s letting him go?  They're in the exact same spot as us. Just seems weird they’d let him go when they don’t really have anything at WR 

Chack is in Vegas , right before free agency starts.  Could he be on vacation , maybe. But no be surprised if he signs with the Raiders.

44 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Ingold is very good Fb , a lot Raider fans are surprised they let him go .    He is one of the better fb in the game.  The Raiders just went for cheaper option. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I mean, it makes sense.  While Carter was promising, the run game overall wasn’t good and that’s supposed to be the staple of the offense.  Lots of ways to help a QB.  Having a legit run game which then allows a legit PA pass game is certainly a way to do it.

Kid from the other Iowa school is interesting as a potential second round guy at RB. Think he’d complement Carter enough but also might excel as a committee guy, keep him fresher. Walker as well. May be their best shot to add a weapon to the offense and they can do it more cheaply than a WR in what I think is a so-so class.

I do think they need to address the ability (or lack thereof) to separate from man coverage in the WR room but it doesn’t seem like they’re going to press to do that.

Also don’t think that’s a strength for Davis but everyone was killing Fant and McGovern a year ago and they’ve bounced back rather nicely. The contract structure on the bigger FA signings definitely incentivizes them to play out the deal well. I think a Fant extension would be a good look in that regard too.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

The Jets should go Edge CB with 4, 10, and use their extra 2nd round pick to get back in the first for Jameson Williams and call it a day.  If he never gets hurt we would be begging for him to be there at 4 (he probably wouldn’t).

All for it. IMO, Williams is the best WR in the draft.  I honestly don’t think there’s a close second.   

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SR24 said:

Here’s my reasoning!  I am not sure they have enough draft capital to trade for Watson as it stands right now. We have their 2nd rounder, the only real player they could move would be CMC? Not even sure Houston would want him either. Also Matt Rhule’s seat is probably pretty hot right now. His OC flamed out, he traded for Darnold and then picked up the expensive option. He needs to start winning now and he knows Watsons his only shot. It’s still highly unlikely but they may get desperate it’s worth a call 

and what do you want to give them for DJ? i hope not a #1 and if its a 2nd rd pick so what, Carolina can give then next years 2nd rd pick. 

i think the owner takes over these negotiations and gives Houston whatever they want. so what if its the next 2 or 3 1st rd picks they have. this is a copycat league and we just seen the Rams win it without a 1st rd pick in like forever. once you got the QB you got everything. 

4 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Bring back Robby and Barrios.  Robby would thrive with Zach taking the top off the defense.  Add a mid round prospect in the draft with eyes on drafting on early in 2023. 

Moore

Davis

Barrios

Robby

Mims

Rookie 

This looks terrible

22 minutes ago, doitny said:

and what do you want to give them for DJ? i hope not a #1 and if its a 2nd rd pick so what, Carolina can give then next years 2nd rd pick. 

i think the owner takes over these negotiations and gives Houston whatever they want. so what if its the next 2 or 3 1st rd picks they have. this is a copycat league and we just seen the Rams win it without a 1st rd pick in like forever. once you got the QB you got everything. 

I’d give them 35 and a pick next year for him. Apparently the Saints who are like 70mil over the cap are also prepared to offer 3 1sts so this is going to get interesting. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, doitny said:

About 30mins after I responded to you lol 

• Haha 1