Jump to content

Tom Brady un-retires


Rhg1084
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

God for bid he loves the game.... Right ? 

Its worse to be jealous and make up things like "Tom Needs attention" 

With all his money if he truly did not love the game while still playing at an MVP level would he be coming back ?

You guys act like total Jets fans

Lighten up. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Xtina said:

This sequence was obviously planned to the detail 

Yep, retired to  plug that goofy Golden Girls movie he got coming out, waited fir Aros to sign, waited for DeShaun to settle and he’s back! Of course he’s gonna play the season that movie comes out, haha.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Lighten up. 

It just gets old the constant bashing of the guy because he beat our ass for 20 years. From a football perspective I can't stand the fact we got stuck behind this guy for so long but as great as he is you have to have some respect for the guy. I mean hes an MVP caliber player at 43 years old when will we see that again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

It just gets old the constant bashing of the guy because he beat our ass for 20 years. From a football perspective I can't stand the fact we got stuck behind this guy for so long but as great as he is you have to have some respect for the guy. I mean hes an MVP caliber player at 43 years old when will we see that again

I hear ya. And yes, incredible talent -  Best QB to ever play the game etc...

I just think we've been abused by the guy for so long - and most around here were really happy to see him gone.  I certainly was...

I don't wish ill will on the him, nor wanting to see him get hurt...

I do personally feel like this was orchestrated and not just a last minute change of heart.  And that's what bothered me.  And for all the reasons you stated, he shouldn't need to do stuff like this.

If it wasn't a plan - and he just changed his mind (which I concede is certainly possible) then I would be 100% with you.  

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

It just gets old the constant bashing of the guy because he beat our ass for 20 years. From a football perspective I can't stand the fact we got stuck behind this guy for so long but as great as he is you have to have some respect for the guy. I mean hes an MVP caliber player at 43 years old when will we see that again

Rodgers just won back to back at ages 37 and 38. Brady's the first to do it and that's great, but his records won't last long and his longevity stats won't be unrivaled for very long. Between the rule changes, the protection of the QBs, medical technology advances, and HGH - there are going to be lots of instances of great QBs playing longer.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I hear ya. And yes, incredible talent -  Best QB to ever play the game etc...

I just think we've been abused by the guy for so long - and most around here were really happy to see him gone.  I certainly was...

I don't wish ill will on the him, nor wanting to see him get hurt...

I do personally feel like this was orchestrated and not just a last minute change of heart.  And that's what bothered me.  And for all the reasons you stated, he shouldn't need to do stuff like this.

If it wasn't a plan - and he just changed his mind (which I concede is certainly possible) then I would be 100% with you.  

Whats funny about Tom Brady and the "Jets Fan" is that Tom has been dinking and dunking us for 20 years as he has the rest of the NFL. But to say that here or god for bid one of our QB's do it its against everything football and that honestly is infuriating. Have Jets fans not seen what has been beating them for the past 20 years have they not seen how all the greats seem to have high completion ratings in the low 70's ? Think that happens by attacking downfield with the so called BIG ARM ? The offense we are in now is all about the short passing game and passing to the backs as an extension of the running game. yet people are still infatuated with the long pass and strong arm which happens at a lower percentage than any play in the playbook.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Whats funny about Tom Brady and the "Jets Fan" is that Tom has been dinking and dunking us for 20 years as he has the rest of the NFL. But to say that here or god for bid one of our QB's do it its against everything football and that honestly is infuriating. Have Jets fans not seen what has been beating them for the past 20 years have they not seen how all the greats seem to have high completion ratings in the low 70's ? Think that happens by attacking downfield with the so called BIG ARM ? The offense we are in now is all about the short passing game and passing to the backs as an extension of the running game. yet people are still infatuated with the long pass and strong arm which happens at a lower percentage than any play in the playbook.

I think we're off topic...

But I don't think anyone thinks you don't need to be accurate to be good.  I also think everyone knows that the Jets offense is designed to be efficient in the pass game.

With that said big arms matter...two of the last 3 super bowl winning QB's have had very big arms.  The best QB's in the league right now, behind Brady - have big arms.  Allen, Mahomes, Rodgers, Stafford, Herbert

It's not required but it sure is helpful.  Just like anything else.  There are series of attributes that make a great QB...

Each carrying its own weight.

Intelligence, accuracy, mobility, arm strength etc...Each QB is different and possesses various traits that fit into these.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Best player I've ever seen in 45 years watching the sport ... at least we'll have something to watch while we enter year 12 of the rebuild

The reverse jinx, eh? hmmmm

Tom Brady brings a spiritual winningness everywhere he goes. God loves Tom Brady because Tom Brady is God.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Someone knows....someone always knows....

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/33502986/las-vegas-sportsbooks-saw-unexpected-big-bets-tampa-bay-buccaneers-win-super-bowl-ahead-tom-brady-announcement

 

Quote

 

Las Vegas sportsbooks saw unexpected big bets on Tampa Bay Buccaneers to win Super Bowl ahead of Tom Brady announcement


By David Purdum
ESPN

 

 

On Thursday, while bookmakers and bettors were focused on college basketball tournaments, big wagers on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to win the Super Bowl showed up at multiple Las Vegas sportsbooks.

Tampa Bay was around a 50-1 long shot when bets upward of $10,000 came in Thursday at the SuperBook, South Point and Circa Sports. Bookmakers drastically adjusted their odds, while trying to determine what was behind the flurry of interest in the Buccaneers. They'd find out three days later, right in the middle of the madness.

At 7:13 p.m. ET, Sunday, just minutes after the bracket for the NCAA tournament was released, Tom Brady announced he was unretiring and would be returning to play for Tampa Bay. The Brady news hit during one of the busiest stretches of the year for oddsmakers: the hours after the NCAA tournament bracket is unveiled, when sportsbooks were racing to post point spreads on the 32 opening games and update their odds to win the national championship.

"It was very hectic, intense," Ed Salmons, a veteran Las Vegas bookmaker with the SuperBook, said.

 

Bookmakers for the SuperBook first thought something was up early Thursday morning. That's when a new customer in New Jersey who had never made a bet with the company asked to make a pair of $10,000 bets on the Buccaneers to win the Super Bowl at 60-1 and to win the NFC at 30-1. The SuperBook allowed the customer to bet $1,000, an amount in line with house limits on futures wagers, but still moved Tampa Bay's Super Bowl odds to 25-1 and its NFC odds to 12-1. Later in the day, a bettor in Nevada whom the SuperBook considers savvy, placed two big bets on the Buccaneers at the shortened odds.

"We thought Deshaun Watson was going [to Tampa Bay]," Randy Blum, sportsbook manager for the SuperBook, said. "We didn't think it was about Brady at the time."

Chris Andrews, sportsbook director for the South Point in Las Vegas, said he took three bets over the counter from the same customer on the Buccaneers to win the Super Bowl just before 3 p.m. Thursday. Andrews said the customer, whom he described as a "stranger," bet on the Bucs at odds of 50-1, 30-1 and 25-1. He declined to offer additional details about the size of the bets but did acknowledge that he had a multi-six-figure liability on Tampa Bay. On Sunday, after Brady's announcement, Andrews moved the Bucs to 4-1 to win the Super Bowl, making Tampa Bay the Super Bowl favorite at the South Point.

"I have a feeling that he had good information," Andrews said.

Circa Sports also took what sportsbook manager Chris Bennett called a "significant" bet on the Buccaneers to win the Super Bowl at 30-1 on Thursday.

"I would say confidently that this person knew that [Brady] was coming back," Bennett said.

Other sportsbooks that were offering shorter Super Bowl odds on the Bucs didn't see any signs that Brady was returning. Jay Croucher, head of trading for PointsBet, said they had the Bucs at 19-1 to win the Super Bowl before Brady's announcement and moved them to 7-1 after the news.

"With something like that, you find out pretty quickly, when the odds screen starts lighting up with bets on the Bucs," Croucher said. "Fortunately, the news spread so quickly that we were adjusting the prices seconds after it broke about Brady."

Caesars Sportsbook, one of the only books to have offered odds on Brady winning next season's MVP, said a few bets did sneak in as the news was breaking. Brady's MVP odds went from 45-1 to 9-1.

"A few bets got through right as the news was breaking, right when we were focused on the NCAA tournament," Adam Pullen, assistant director of trading at Caesars Sportsbook, told ESPN on Sunday night. "I don't think [Brady] had us oddsmakers in mind and what we're doing for the NCAA tournament. It'd been nice if he would have, but I don't expect him to sympathize with us."

 

 

 

 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/14/2022 at 1:00 AM, BurnleyJet said:

If he was still a Pat I’d be bothered, now he’s in the NFC I don’t care. Plus it may stop JD signing that old Center that can’t pass pro.

Why are jets fans mad? If Brady wins another super bowl and the pats miss the playoffs again that would be hilarious 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...