Good luck on your new team sexy B

The Crusher

1 minute ago, Rob Moore said:

Totally agree….correct me if I am wrong, Cole and Crowder made 10 million together last year right?  I think Berrios is worth the average of the 2 of them.

Yup, Cole and Crowder made around $5M each last year.

Resign Berrios for $8M, add a rookie in the draft, and you are paying about the same as for those two guys.

The Jets will never improve as a team if they let their average or better players walk while still having cap space.   They just will keep spinning their wheels.  

Any developing team like the Jets will have players that are overpaid.  Its either that or the Jeff Smiths of the world.   

But Berrios would have taken a guaranty for half of what he will get if he was offered the money before October of last year.  Steve Ross and the Dolphins hate the Jets, if for no other reason than here are too many Jets fans in their stadium.  They can pay Berrios an extra $1mm to try and swing 2 games/year. It will actually work.  

1 hour ago, varjet said:

The Jets will never improve as a team if they let their average or better players walk while still having cap space.   They just will keep spinning their wheels.  

Any developing team like the Jets will have players that are overpaid.  Its either that or the Jeff Smiths of the world.   

But Berrios would have taken a guaranty for half of what he will get if he was offered the money before October of last year.  Steve Ross and the Dolphins hate the Jets, if for no other reason than here are too many Jets fans in their stadium.  They can pay Berrios an extra $1mm to try and swing 2 games/year. It will actually work.  

what , what ???

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Trotter said:

There is something to be said for bouncing the pass behind the los - if you are playing lawn darts

You know, I think if it's  behind the QB, that's actually a fumble and could become a staple of future Jets trick plays. "And this is where Zack bounces the ball three times right into Berrios' chest, where he then runs for 40 yards". I'm sure Booth Lafleur is looking into that. You gotta coach to the player's strength!