Jets Supposedly Made Offer for Watson?

SR24

Question - Does JD seem like the quick fix type of guy?  Does he seem like the kind of person who wants immediate results and doesn't value a slow building process?

If he doesn't then why on earth would he try 3 different starting QBs and 2 different head coaches in a 3 year period?

Does he seem like the kind of guy willing to use the #2 overall pick (Wilson), the #4 and #10 overall picks, plus additional picks simply to end up with one football player, DeShaun Watson?  Because that was the "supposed" offer.

Leaving the cupboard completely bare of Draft picks when a defense needs to be rebuilt at every level and the Jets still need more help on O?

Just not his M.O. it seems like.

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

No idea if this is true 

hahaha Credibility of this is in doubt here.   So who exactly disclosed this to McFadden?  I suppose the Texans gave him a call and provided a full list of the Watson offers?  Anyone got any insight into this?  If it's true, which we will never know, is it a plus or a minus for JD?

I would be suprised if the Jets have internally  discussed a trade for Watson. It's rare when a top 5 franchise quarterback in his mid 20's is available. I highly doubt it happens but you never know with Watson having that no trade clause and the Jets having all that powder in the keg to pull off such a monster trade.

I love these a**holes on Twitter. Just make up whatever BS you want by prefacing it with "supposedly". Easy way to get re-tweeted and give the impression you have sources.

"Texans supposedly offered 10 1sts + Watson for Brady under condition that Gisele stay in Tampa and be Deshaun's live-in masseuse. Brady was hot for it because he still has his children to share his bed but Gisele refused due to her belief that massage oil can penetrate the skin and cause one to put on weight" 

3 hours ago, InstantClassic said:

Not a chance in hell they offered that.

Less of a chance that the Texans turned it down.  High firsts and seconds and a young QB for a guy no one has made an offer for, who more than likely is headed for at least a 1 year suspension.

Sure.

• Upvote 1