2022 Jets FA signings (Merged)

3 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Tom Brady finally helped us

They put all the money into the offense once he came back. Nice!

Thought the same thing. He has his SB ring (excellent veteran leadership to bring into the Jets’ young secondary & locker-room) and the man wants to get PAID! there will be less of the salary cap cookie to go around in TB with TB back in TB.

• Sympathy 1

Jets weaknesses heading into FA

WR, TERG, IDL, Edge, LB, CBS

Good work, JD. All young guys (Tomlinson's the oldest at 30). All clear upgrades who've already performed at the level they're being paid at (let's see Whitehead's numbers), not (ala Corey Davis) for presumed growth with an expanded role. I love the job we've done this offseason, just wish WR had been on the list for a major upgrade

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

My favourite signing thus far. I think he presented far better value than Gilmore at his age.

Nice pair of corners that we have now and while it’s still a relatively weak group there are other areas we can focus on.

Holy sh*t we might actually go Safety and DT and 4 and 10 lol. Edit NVM just seen our latest signing lol.

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

IF Marcus Maye is not liking what he is hearing in FA, the Jets should consider bringing him back on a 1 year deal. 

All you need to know about Maye is that he thought it would be a good idea to hide his DUI from the team. He can go suck eggs on another team. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, ncjetman said:

because the defense needs to be decent this year but the offense still has big holes - wr1 te1 ( guy we got from cincinnati should be a good te2 not te1) - maybe center upgrade and god forbid becton doesn’t look good as draft approaches- edge rusher yes - the rest of the d from this point forward should be mid tier fa’s and lower draft picks only - 2 1’s 2 2’s and a 3 - go offense!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

We have gone offense with our top 6 picks in the past two years.  One of our first rounders will be an edge which is a big need.  I wouldn’t be shocked if we get a safety or LB with one of our top 4 picks either. I think with this signing we will grab a WR at either 10, 35, or 38 along with a TE

1 hour ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Wonder if this rules out a sauce or CB pick now. 

Think signings like these have to provide you more flexibility in the draft to continue to add great depth/starters by taking BOPs. Now the way it stands at this minute regardless of what many think, if we do not get a starting caliber S in FA, then Hamilton may be the guy at 4 if he is there and Hutch/Thibs are both gone, since no WR in this draft is worth the 4th overall pick and we can wait till 10th or later to get a WR. So, if CB Sauce and S Hamilton are both there at #4 with the fact that we just signed a starting CB and are weak at S, Jets may select Hamilton. But who know, they may take BAP at some other position like Oline, LB, etc. We can't just take into account having good starters and some depth. If injuries hit us again we need guys that can be good starters behind the starters in key critical positions of CB, Edge rusher, LT, WR, etc. otherwise we get depleted and cannot win any games.

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

seems like quit the signing, anothe rcheck box. Saleh said that he need CB and Safety to make the def work. Joe getting a CB like this is a huge upgrade for us, good job.

Yes and we have pretty good depth too since this likely means Echols is the backup on the outside to DJ and Hall and MCII and Guidry in the slot as far as our top 5 CBs or so. The fact that they moved Pinnock to safety is good since he seems more comfortable there and helps the depth at that position group that lacks a very good starter there right now.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

If he's a downhill safety how is this good after missing out on Williams? Wasn't Williams more of a middle fielder, ballhawk type? 

Well, for one thing the Jets run D was atrocious last year. We need a box safety who can get TFLs. Also, Marcus Williams signed a 5 year, 70mil contract. Thats massive. Frankly, I want no part of that.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

No more excuses for Saleh. He now has a real defense with players he had input in bringing in. Not to mention the young guys from last years draft he should be developing and the guys they draft on defense this year. 

Who is stopping the run up the middle?  Me?